Bloodwarden needs changed

post EGC bloodwarden doesn't work as intended.

it was fine before we had EGS but now it's used to bm, all the killer has to do is wait till end with noed and bloodwarden, hook someone halfway through EGS and thats it any surv in trial is dead, nothing can be done, the perk isn't really OP but just badly designed, killers shouldn't be rewarded with a 4k for hooking a single surv at a certain time, that's ridiculous

it needs changed to work better with EGS and not a meme to annoy survs

inb4 killers say just leave the trial, no, just no, i'm not the kind to open the doors and leave, i want everyone or as many out, last min saves are where most of the fun in dbd are, so, no

i suggest pausing the EGS timer while bloodwarden is active, that's at least more fair than, your dead, ggez

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Im probably falling into "what about" but ds would need a nerf. If bloodwarden isnt allowed to be powerful in a niche and have a slight bit of pressure just by existing, then why should ds which is already more powerful and likely to proc

• WARW0LF
    WARW0LF Member Posts: 200

no?

you don't know if bloodwarden is coming, how is leaving your team a counterplay lmfao

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Bloodwarden rework

Whenever you hook a survivor, Bloodwarden gains a token

When all gens are completed while Bloodwarden has 6 or more tokens, the endgame collapse immediately activates and both exits are blocked off for 60 seconds

• Flip_Flopper
    Flip_Flopper Member Posts: 19

If the doors are open it's up to you to leave you don't owe the other survivors anything just leave.

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444

I mean you had your chance you denied it... Its on you

Also you can just 99 the exit gates like everyone else.

• WARW0LF
    WARW0LF Member Posts: 200

saying just leave is dumb af, i don't play like that, i want the team out and i want more points, you guys might be selfish and leave asap but i'm a team player

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Its extremely obvious when the killer has blood warden and to even get it to activate against good survivors you need to do it yourself. When they see you pick up a survivor after i assume you slugged them till halve the timer then and some how got the gates open then they leave and the perk is countered by its obvious activation requirements.

The perk does nothing all game, has obvious activation requirements, and can be countered by not opening the gate until needed. How anyone thinks this perk needs any change is beyond me because you fell into a classic blood warden death which itself is rare by ignoring the chance the killer probably has the perk.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Because the goal is YOUR survival. If you want to wait for your team before leaving then accept the risks.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Leave.

You don't want to die, leave.

That's the countersy. Your team doesn't have to survive. Only worry about yourself.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,384

There's nothing wrong with Blood Warden. The perk deserves to have a strong effect during EGC, because you are giving up a whole perk slot for it.

• jackal470
    jackal470 Member Posts: 122

I actually love your idea, it's amazing....a token = 10 seconds.....omg could you imagine Remember me paired with your Blood Warden, crazy EGC idea

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Lol what?

EGC is 2 minutes. However when a survivor is hooked or dying the timer slows down by 50%

If the killer hooks someone halfway through when there is only 1 minute left, well with the guy on the hook that 1 minute becomes 2 minutes.

I get there are a very small minority of situations where Bloodwarden may screw you but you forget the fact that since EGC its now worthless in 99% of situations as survivors wont open the gates until they are sure all 4 can safely make it out.

It needs a buff not a nerf.

• Flip_Flopper
    Flip_Flopper Member Posts: 19

If you feel like getting killed because of your teammates then go ahead don't go complaining on the forums because your having a bad time...

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

Just to use a often cited quote: from the devs point of view an average of 2k is seen as balance.

Just as the killer isn't supposed to 4k every game, so are survivor not supposed to escape with all 4.

Also I think that builds containing bloodwarden are meme builds that will most of the time not succeed and even less kill all remaining survivor due to egc.

The chance to run into one of those must be even lower than getting a friendly farm killer.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

That's not how counter play works. Things won't work out how you want to, and they shouldn't. You need to adapt, and if that means leaving your team, so be it

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

"all the killer has to do is wait till end with noed and bloodwarden, hook someone halfway through EGS and thats it any surv in trial is dead"

Is that all? All you have to do is hook someone a minute after the exit gates are open. 2 minutes if you're slugging. during which every survivor can just leave. including the slug.

After jumping through so many hoops i want, nay earned my 1 minute victory dance while the survivors realise they are screwed

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Just leave. Why are you sticking around?

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

"inb4 killers say just leave the trial, no, just no, i'm not the kind to open the doors and leave"

Then die ?

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

Come on, this probably only happened to you once. BW is a very niche perk.

If a killer is dedicating half of his perks to endgame, then him getting 4k from over altruistic survivors isn't really a problem

You should leave more for NOED than anything else.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

The game is intentionally designed to have an equal amounts of benefits and risk by being a team player.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

You can't always get what you want. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

You can either leave and be guaranteed your current points, while leaving your teammates to fend for themselves, or you can stay and risk the escape points for the possibility of getting more. If you stay, however, you can't complain that you lost the gamble - that's just how it works.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

The wait to hook with BW mostly through EGC is more of a meme and not a balance issue. More often than not you can figure out most perks the killer is running throughout a long match and at that point if no one is being hooked at EGC when they have the opportunity to then he's probably waiting for it... just leave using that prior experience as knowledge for future games.

Now onto balancing, I agree Bloodwarden or the Gate mechanic as a whole needs to be changed.

The simple change would be to make it so gates have natural regression points (As noted by the lights) being they have to be progressed past the 25/50/75% marks and they will power down to that point. No more 99% gates to keep an infinite end game for rescues and an attempt to play around the current Bloodwarden as they would require a minimum of a few seconds to get from 75->100. Even if I am also guilty of 99%ing gates at the moment - it's definitely a flaw in design that we're encouraged to play that way in most situations.

A perk specific rework idea for Bloodwarden instead could be making it activate immediately upon an exit opening rather than having a hooking requirement to it. It would have to be weakened in exchange like removing the aura reveal from it and possibly reducing the length of the block by half 10/20/30s instead of 30/40/60s as it'll be a far more powerful endgame effect that activates every single game that you can't stop all the gens might even become meta with NoEd (hey look more encouragement to break all totems... give a totem count on the overlay for solo players).

• kolosovski
    kolosovski Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2020

Most matches survivors 99 the gates to counter blood warden in case of a late game hook. In the rare occurrences where blood warden does activates, in a situation where there are 3 survivors at the same blocked gate and all get downed, it's 100% their fault. If the gates are opened and blood warden activates, leave the gate and go to a safer spot or hide until the gates are unblocked.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If anything BW needs a buff because most survivors 99% the gates. Or at least make it so the gates regress if you don't open them.

• ClickyClicky

Would it be OP if for Bloodwarden, when all the gens were completed if you hooked a survivor it immediately opened the exit gates but applied the bloodwarden effect?

I feel like that’s the fairest solution but also the closest to how bloodwarden used to be. Because lets be real those gates are likely 99% anyway or they arent hard to 99%

or what if that only happens if the gates have more than 50% progress?

I really miss old bloodwarden it was so fun. :(

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208
    edited September 2020

I don't even bad manner with bloodwarden. I only run it and NOED with deathslinger as a part of my endgame build. The fate of bloodwarden activing is ALL on you and your team. Which is why I don't mind you guys having your victory dance and gestures. All Survivors are in the opened exit gate and I don't mind that, but I sit there patiently. I see their aruas with bloodwarden and I sit there I give them until halfway in endgame collapse to give them a chance to leave. If I'm patient enough to at least give them time, especially when EGC is halfway without ANYBODY downed to walk out and take their win, but if they sit their for longer than halfway then they just want to stay behind and get sacrificed. Which quickshots get the best of in those types of scenarios since I'm running a mid/endgame build.

Bloodwarden all depends on *you* and your teammates. Survivors give the killer power to activate that perk. And being over altruistic is a big contributor. When I play Survivor I always leave when exit gates are opened (maybe with the exception of going for a save if the killer walked a good distance away). Other than that I refuse to stay behind. I play both sides most of time, so whatever I play as killer I have an idea on what Survivors can do when it comes to looping or something else. As Survivor I know what the killer *might* do when it comes to playing. Albeit moonwalking a bit, faking something, or see them cook up another strategy. And from those bloodwarden matches as deathslinger I've learned from the opposing side's mistakes:

1. Play it safe and don't stay behind for too long.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I forget. How was old BW from the one we got now? The only thing I remember was when it first came out, survivors who died before the match ended could see your load out. That made it impossible to use against swfs because if 1 died they told everyone else what you had.

• ClickyClicky

Well it was the same as it is now but since survivors always opened the gates you often got to use it lol

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

I only got caught with Blood Warden once. I was over the moon. It was Freddy even,so we knew there was a chance but we loitered anyway to try to save our mate. It's the ultimate troll and I wasnt mad.

Well played, Freddy! Well played! ❤️

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Why don't you 99 the gates?

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I think this is a step in the right direction, but I'm not sure this is the answer.

Here's what I'd do:

-As soon as the exit gates are open, Blood Warden becomes active and the exit gates are closed for 40/50/60 seconds.

-The end game countdown is paused while Blood Warden is active.

Blood Warden now no longer has an activation requirement and will get some use, but instead of encouraging survivors to just not open the exit gate, it encourages them to open it.

• Han
    Han Member Posts: 196

"pausing the EGC timer while bloodwarden is active"

1/10 bait.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

I love complaints about when things happen as if the timing of when you finish a gen or open the gates don't matter because you got it done. Someone gets downed and you are opening the gate then you stop and let them get hooked before you finish. Somebody finish gen 5 while a healthy person is being chased then they might eat noed. getting things done is great but you have to consider what'll happen if you finish it before or after other things going on.