The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is Doctor unfun to play against for anyone else?

I don't know if it's just me, but, I just find Doctor really unfun to play against. Anytime I'm in a game with one, it's just the most boring or annoying games I play on DBD. Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

I find doc tolerable, I can understand why newer players might not like him though.

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

i would put doctor middle of the pack. It's only bad if he tries to hold the game hostage. Freddy is a 10x more annoying doctor.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,947

current doctor is a thousand times more fun to play against then old imo

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

Doctor is definitely annoying to play against but hes easy to go against.

Very few doctors can use there power effectively at loops, like the occasional doctor will block you from dropping a pallet or vaulting a window every now and then but there's very few doctors that can effectively do it consistently.

Not being able to use your flashlight, heal a team mate ect while in tier 3 is annoying af though.

Countless amounts of times ive been ready for a flashlight save only to get hit with a random use of his power leaving me in tier 3 and allowing doctor to get a free pickup.

None the less hes not hard to beat solo or swf.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

I like that facing a doctor forces random teammates to ditch hiding in every nook and cranny and be a little more aggressive. Every killer has something people will or wont like. I personally hate staring at the floor all game against a trapper but I try to laugh at myself if I step right into one.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

he's personally very fun for me to go against mainly because I like the madness mechanics he bring to the gameplay along with forcing you to change how you loop.

He is however along with Legion are noob stompers so newer players always have immense issues against him while everyone else is does ok against them.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,726

Dr (now or in his prior form) is much more annoying to face rather than particularly dangerous. Newer Dr is much better at handling loops and vaults, and terrible with a 3-gen, in skilled hands. Plus since no one runs his hard counter Calm Spirit he will find you.

But for all that he still must hit twice like most of the others, and dropping pallets or vaulting early also leave him behind. More annoying than leathal imo.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

Nah you can actually play against his power unlike a few really engaging killers with powers that make chases fun. :) So in my book that's automatically fun.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020

As someone who ranked up real fast as Hag & Trapper (level 50 & 40) because I like Trap Killers and then decided: "hey, let's give Bubba a try against Red Ranked Survivors"...

... this is way too ****ing accurate.

Oh well, if I lose another 30, or 60, or so, I'll be back where I need to be. Ridin' the Fail Train back down to low rank. Choo choo.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

the only thing i dislike about him is the on screen effects while being shocked and screaming, its really not pleasant to look at

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited September 2020

<3

I say it with love.

Edit: Doctor's counter is Calm Spirit not because it blocks the screams, but because we all know the Doctor player doesn't have the game sense to manually search for survivors.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited September 2020

to me is unfun to go against a 4 man, anyone else agree? doc is not even taht great of a killer unless you are an extremely stealth survivor you shouldnt have problems

• BadDocter
    BadDocter Member Posts: 48

Dwight that's insulting i use whispers for your information.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I didn’t have an issue with old Doc ironically. New Doc however.....yeah the constant snapping out of it can be irritating.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

What screaming, backward skill checks, and being shocked at pallets and windows isn't fun for you? 😏

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

His Phantoms will give away a calm spirit user. Also still get the score event when hitting them.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

I like to make gutsy hiding choices when I don't think a chase is wise. I tend to play with half a tater for a buddy without coms. I tend to run calm and iron and I don't care for ring around the rosy as much as chaining good spots together. It's just more interesting for me. As such Doc isn't bad but I'm pretty sure I'm the weirdo here. Lately I start out like that with lithe or sprint and BT or we'll make it then mad at people playing to win and not for fun I got back to the meta.

I'd really like to be able to set up perk packs

• Heartbound

Actually real talk that reminds me:

Newer players, if you see a Doctor phantom, walk into it in order to despawn it. Unless it's the actual Doctor using Insidious, then you probably need a change of trousers.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

This Doctor are too OP, impossible for me to loop (or maybe against a noob but not with the good).

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

No, he is fine. He's a bit difficult to me, but I never had serious issues with him apart from occasional fps drops

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

It depends on the map. In door map + Doctor is usually a disgusting match. Everyone screams all the time, everything lags and stutters, the skill checks freeze every now and then WHILE shacking in the corner of the screen. I can see how that can feel cheesy as survivor.

Doctor on normal maps however is alright. In terms of power level he's fair although immersed players may always find him annoying to play against as he literally finds you with the press of a button.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

I'm going to say this straight up - if you're having issues against Doctor, you need to get better at the video game.

At the same time, in order for Doc to do well at even medium to high level play, against good survivors, you need to actually have his timing perfect, every single time. A good Doc doesn't use his static blast all that much.

The only annoying Doc's are the bad ones. You can tell they are bad because they spam their shock at loops. (and if you're getting beat by a bad Doc, please refer to my opening statement). A good Doc isn't spamming their shock, ever. One or two shocks at a loop, tops.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yes, because just about every Doctor I come across is fully aware of just how busted his add-ons are. Most killers have 1 or maybe even 2 empty slots, but never Doctors. Never, ever, ever. He gets so much opression for free, and his power is all about denial so you often end up holding W everywhere and hoping you don't have to Snap Out AGAIN.

• BabieBlossom
    BabieBlossom Member Posts: 16

When I was a new player I HATED going against him. Now he’s the most fun killer for me to verse and I also love playing him. The mind game potential is insane and it’s not nearly as frustrating as Spirit or Nurse.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

No I enjoy playing both sides.

• LittilAvindar
    LittilAvindar Member Posts: 255

The doctor gets so much passive utility for very little. Pretty much use a large shock, then chase one of the survivors while spamming small shocks, they get tier 3, go down, get hooked, use the large shock again, do the same to a different survivor. As long as they've been hit by any of those abilities, they can never go below madness t1, and as long as they have madness, their UI gets screwed, they're occasionally revealed to him, they get bloodstains and heartbeats as if they're being chased, see fake pallets, etc. Each time they're hit with a shock, their actions are completely disrupted, and they're unable to do anything for a short period of time, and once they're in t3, they're unable to do anything until they remove it. If he downs someone in t3, he can slug them because he will never have to worry about not knowing where they are. You also can't remove madness until it reaches t3.

For killers like Legion to be able to push a heartbeat on people, he requires an iridescent add-on. For him to see people's locations, he has to have stabbed someone with frenzy, and has to be within range. His frenzy has a ridiculously long cool-down, and a really short duration. No, it's not just you. The doctor isn't unbeatable, but it's the same nonsense every game. He'll tunnel and spam his shock, while the game passively does the rest for him. Personally, I think small shocks shouldn't stack madness, you should be able to snap out of it at any tier, and when you snap out of it, it should snap you out of it completely. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would argue that it would render his power useless, but it wouldn't. His small shock has enough utility in chases, so that's fine on its own. It doesn't need to add stacks to be effective. His big shock does add stacks, and snapping out of it would still take time, would still make you scream if you fail skill checks, and the initial large shock already reveals you and makes you scream. There's no reason for his ability to passively affect you for the duration of the game. Other killers don't get nearly as much utility as he does, even when it isn't passive.

• LittilAvindar
    LittilAvindar Member Posts: 255

I stop Ghostface regularly, often receiving double-pips. Occasionally, we'll get one that has a massive lag advantage and hits people through windows 2 seconds after they've gotten through. The only annoying constant about Ghostface is how inconsistent his reveal mechanic is. You can be staring at him in the middle of your screen, and it won't reveal him at all, but you can be trying to move around the map near the late game, and if he's somewhere on the corner of your screen, half-way across the map, you'll hear the reveal sound start, which basically gives him your location, even if you haven't completely revealed him.

• jackal470
    jackal470 Member Posts: 122

The Doctor is one of the most interesting killers to vs. Since the remake he only feels oppressive when ur team freaks out and stops doing gens. I feel he adds an element of horror with the audio and visual notifications that many killers don't have. One of the best remakes of a killer and accomplishments within DBD imo

• Rapid_Oli_YT
    Rapid_Oli_YT Member Posts: 36

I honestly don’t mind doctor it switches up the way you play which I love as you have to drop pallets earlier and mindgame etc where a regular killers your walking in circles again and again and again

• Azterikk
    Azterikk Member Posts: 76

every game im in with him i wish he would just cut to the chase and give me a lobotomy

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

I kinda feel like most survivors hate doctor because they can't hide from him, which most do now a days.

As killer of any kind I get nothing but five minute gen rushed games unless I play Doctor or bring anything on another killer that gives me info; so I can finally find these babies hiding all game.

So real question for you; are you annoyed by how you can't hide and only do gens or are you just sick of him laughing at you?

He's probably laughing because he knows you can't hide.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I actually like the diversity of players you can´t beat with the standard tactic. And i am a stealthy player, yet doctor is not that hard imho.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Ngl this sounds like a you problem. If your games are lasting 5 minutes due to 'genrush' consistently, then you are doing something very, very wrong.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited September 2020

Just run calm spirit and as an added incentive dunk on all the infectious fright builds that will run down your whole dookie team and leave you jumping in the hatch.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

As long as he dont use the green range addon I enjoy playing against Him, his power also is pretty much a free bond cause it let me locate my team8 easier

• mee
    mee Member Posts: 12

I'm a doctor main. The reason for that is I have so much fun using him. Playing against, depending on the user, can be terrifying. But I feel that it's never boring. Would love to have more explanation

• Envyus
    Envyus Member Posts: 0

I find him very fun to play against but, I'm curious as to why some people say he's unfun. Why do you think this?🤔

• GWAR_x_L3G1T
    GWAR_x_L3G1T Member Posts: 2

I really kinda feel like this might be a post about me because I was playing the doctor all night and morning lol. As a current doctor main though he is still easily lopped of survivors know what theyre doing. High level survivors won't stop to drop pallets if I'm chasing them so hitting my shock won't matter. I understand your frustration but high level survivors are just as annoying to go against as high level killers.

• GWAR_x_L3G1T
    GWAR_x_L3G1T Member Posts: 2

I never thought about using insidious. That sounds like a fun build to do. *laughs maniacally*

• Lunairtic
    Lunairtic Member Posts: 78

Have literally just ran up to a doctor and have him kill me to get out of that hell. So damn boring and unfun.

• Heartbound

Oh Lord let me tell you I have seen some 500IQ plays from Doctors. Everyone expects Distressing from Doctor since it increases the range of your shock. You're not gonna sneak up on them. That would be silly.

I've seen Doctors run Dark Devotion and put their terror radius on the obsession, then use their static blast which makes the circle appear on the obsession instead of the Doctor, which just confuses everyone. On top of that I have been personally pulled off a generator because I saw that and was like "Okay the Doctor is over there." Nope. He had zero terror radius after doing that and I was completely caught off guard when he gen grabbed me.

There's also an add on that makes your illusions appear in Tier 2, right? Insidious only takes like, 2 seconds to hide you so if you lose sight of a survivor (or vice versa) just stand still. You lose your red glow and you look just like one of the thousand copies of Doctor that they've already seen all match. Sit next to a gen they're trying to push in an obvious position (ie don't try to hide, you're just a derpy illusion) and enjoy your gen grab.

Distressing+new trail of torment is gonna be nasty on Doc, for the same reasons. Doctor mains, on top of being able to consistently shut down loops and pallets are some cheeky little buggers. You really gotta keep an eye on them at red ranks. They're there for a reason. (Even if they usually have the game sense of a mole.)

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

Honestly he is no fun for me to go against regardless of the outcome of the match... its just boring and annoying.

• JacksRevenge
    JacksRevenge Member Posts: 5

I feel you. I'm a survivor main and I can't stand when I see baby wimps hiding in lockers and at the edge of the map the whole time. Like geez, move your tushy and work on a gen or heal someone or something!

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

he just makes my head hurt very poor designed imo