Is Doctor unfun to play against for anyone else?

2»

Comments

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

The only Doc addon that is even remotely oppressive is literally only Discipline. And even then, that's a stretch.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I see you don't play or go up against much Doctor. No add-ons? I win some, I lose some. Any random pair of add-ons? I win some, I win some more. Regardless of my skill level, that's an insane and stupid increase. Seriously.

Almost every single add-on significantly buffs 1 or more aspect about him and makes Madness even more oppressive. Maybe that's fine for a full squad, but not anyone else.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    edited September 2020

I play Doctor pretty regularly. I play all killers - and I've got over 4000 hours in DBD, more than half survivor.

Get better at the game.

If your angle was to come at me like you have more experience than me...you failed, hard. Harder than a missed DS skillcheck.

• LqF
    LqF Member Posts: 56

i´m a doctor main and this is so true lmao, he even cancels dead hard with his shock.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

They been nerfing the doctor ever since I started playing DBD ...

Doctor is god tier to noobs. But mid tier to purple ranks and up.

I once ran a doctor around for all 5 gens w the red light behind me. He finally got me in end game than camped me to make sure I died.

No complaints here. I'm not a entitled survivor. Other survivors will complain that they should live or let go.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Why are you telling me this in particular?

You have to be playing in lower ranks or against Survivors that got boosted to high ranks. Doctor isn't a guaranteed win against good Survivors, even with the strongest add-on combos. Not all of his add-ons significantly buff him. You just need to get better.

• Brisingr
    Brisingr Member Posts: 104

I only find him annoying because I usually only play against a Doc with at least one pink add-on. Otherwise, I don't mind him.

• MadLordJack

Actually, my angle was to point out that despit emy playtime with him I'm not even good at Doctor and that his add-ons literally make me win, something that if you had a lot of experience playing doc with and without add-ons you would notice yourself.

I also don't care how many hours you have and I don't see any reason why I should.

• MadLordJack

Don't assume, it is unbecoming. If you want to talk about good and bad survivors, then guess what: No killer wins against good survivors, case closed, let's all move on.

Or we could talk about what I mentioned, which is that doctor is overbuffed by even his yellows.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited September 2020

This has to be the best reason I've seen for why people like me hate doctor, well ######### done man claps.

This is the exact reason why I stopped playing doc, hag and spirit.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 918

As a former doc main I think he's definitely a pain in the ass to play against, that's why I play him.

Especially a doctor running a 3-gen strategy and burning a Jigsaw Piece. Doc on THE GAME is absolute misery.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Its one of the few killers I have yet to learn a proper counter for, my boosted ass keeps miscalculating loops.

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161

The only thing that really makes me hate Doctor is the sensory overload you get when your madness level is up. The constant static, electricity snaps, whispers, funky skill checks, screams, laughing etc. The fact that you can't snap out of it until you reach max madness kind of sucks too, but I get it.

Im usually pretty relieved the following match by how quiet everything is(regardless of the Killer), lol. I can also relax a bit more with the skill checks.

Also, the blast that makes everyone within a certain radius scream can be annoying, as well(depending on the situation and how often you get hit by it).

Mechanically though, I kind of like playing against him. You have to play the game/loops differently, which I dig. I like Killers that force me to adapt my playstyle to them. And as someone who plays both sides, I find that those types of Killers tend to be more fun to play as, as well.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

I hate playing against him.

• Ratchetcooper
    Ratchetcooper Member Posts: 17

No I agree he's too fast and all people gotta do is spam m2 then hit you instantly and you can't pull down pallet after you have been shocked

• MeneLaw
    MeneLaw Member Posts: 341

As before exploit his weakneses, learn his counter-play. I order to face him u need to master 2 things :his weaknes and his power.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I only face two kinds of Doctors: New players that have no idea how to use his powers and red rank player that can get me killed before even starting the match. So yeah, I love SOOOOO much playing against Doctors... 😅

• nytkim
    nytkim Member Posts: 102

He gets really slow when using shock therapy so he's fine, unlike pyramid head that hits you no matter what you do

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

@LittilAvindar Freddy also has a bloated basekit that does 80% of his job for him

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Dr. Phil can either be good or frustrating to play against. If it's a normal Dr., it's cool. But an iridescent Dr. with a huge shock radius? GG.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

To answer the thread's question: Kinda. His purpose is just...revealing Survivors wherever (unless they run Calm Spirit). Imagine if all Killers could do that. Just imagine. What's the point in playing Survivor if you're always revealed and your location is always known? Take a look at Object of Obsession, that perk has no real purpose whatsoever apart from turning you into a Killer magnet (unless...the Killer runs away for some reason because they think those that use OoO are good players...?).

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I just started playing DBD a few weeks ago. I tried a few killers (terrible with chainsaw, Hag/Demo I can't get the hang of) but I started using Doctor.

My issue is I struggle to find survivors constantly. I patrol the gens, but even then its difficult. Doctor removes that difficulty for me with his abilities. Increasing madness also helps lower survivors to my new level lol

I found out quickly that hooking a survivor and hitting static blast helps me camp to avoid rescuers. I'm actually starting to get okay with him now but had a match last night.

2 survivors escaped and I was at the gate. One was wounded and I got him on the hook. Hit static blast and nobody was near. Eventually I see teammate coming to rescue and as he goes to unhook I hit ST to stop the action and I hit him. Thought I wasn't going to get any kills but endrd up getting 2 at the end.

Definitely liking Doctor so far.

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288

All I have to say he needs a nerf he knows where you are so when he makes you scream behind a pallet it should still let you pull it down it's kind of unfair

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

No, not really.

I have plenty of long games with high ranks/players that know what they are actually doing as survivor.

Then I get a metric butt-ton of games of just really rude Hide 'N Seek gen rushers.

Usually it's that they never do them and hide; now everyone is using Dead Silence and Urban Evasion all over again.

Yeah it sounds like a me problem but guess what - it's happening to plenty of others right now. So remember that there are a lot of people with the same bull.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Doc is annoying with spamming, but I've met amazing mains who play with such skill (not static blasting my arse off) and those are fun. When I'm left guessing whether or not pallets are real and I don't hear him at all, it's way more interesting. I don't normally like doc or freddy, but when you meet a player that is cunning and sneaky it's awesome lol :)!!

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Excatly like I wish they changed the blast or something but I have No idea what to do in replacement

• tj0108
    tj0108 Member Posts: 71

i despise doctor. wish he would just get removed tbh