Killer adept achievement change

Options

I feel these should be changed (possibly even back to just a 4k with unique perks) due to the fact that achieving this at red ranks is most of the time extremely difficult. It is frustrating to get to the end of a match and see that you missed it by one emblem because you either killed them to fast (not enough hooks) or should have stopped them from finishing that gen ( not enough gatekeeper). To add on top of this it feels survivor dependent. If they all split up and stick gens then you are not likely to get iri gatekeeper. If they decide to let someone die on first hook then your not likely to get enough hooks. Also, it is easier to get these achievements at lower ranks due to the emblem system only requiring 14 points (ranks 13-20) for merciless compared to the 16 at ranks 1-4. I think a couple good ways to change this would be to make it

1. 14 points across the board

2. 4k and ruthless killer

3. 4k like the good old days

Comments

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    Options

It really should just be a 4k again.Unlike a lot of people I actually like the emblem system and think it makes for better gameplay with its point distribution and ranking system, but one consequence of that changing what a merciless victory means also made these basic achievements a genuine pain to get. Especially compared to he survivor ones where its just 'survive" and you're good.

Small tangent, but the emblem system doesn't really gel well with tome challenges either on the killer end. Getting those irris natural is cool and all, but it's such a specific subset of circumstances that playing to best *guarantee* you get it tends to inspire a lot of gameplay habits (camping/tunneling) that people hate and disconnect over which robs you of the iridescent anyhow. =p Maybe keep them out of the tomes or at least anything X in one trial or Y specific iridescent emblems.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2020
    Options

One reason why they haven’t changed it is likely because of Sony and Microsoft being REALLY strict about changing trophies/achievements. It has to at least be almost impossible for Sony/Microsoft to allow the change (I’m shocked the Skilled Huntress change got through on Xbox, maybe there are some DBD players on whatever team handles achievement changes). Merciless/Ruthless/Brutal Killer should just be used for the number of dead Survivors and the rank message should be something different like “Devout Disciple”. That way BHVR can change the Killer Adepts without having to deal with Sony and Microsoft.

• Judicar
    Judicar Member Posts: 36
    Options

Here's a shocking revelation - why don't you just not attempt these at those ranks? I know, groundbreaking logic here.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

so your say to either stop play for long time for like 2 or 3 rank reset or lose games on purpose to derank are self's? that little to much for one achievement or many if your missing alot of them.

• Ecstasy
    Options
  • Ecstasy
    Options

I figure its probably more an issue about changing the content/meaning of an old achievement earned for players, so rather than actually changing the text/content of the trophy it'd probably be easier to set the activation requirements to just trigger on a four kill like it used to. Or that's my speculation anyhow.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565
    Options

Thats what im thinking. If they wanted to keep it difficult they could make it trigger of a ruthless game with a 4k.