Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Regarding Obsessions

Options

Something was brought to my attention and I want clarification on it regarding the Obsession. Let's say I am the obsession and I end up dying while there are others still in the game. Since the obsession is dead, and someone uses DS (for example), will they become the new Obsession? Or, if because I (the initial "O") is dead, no one else can become the obsession? I am well aware that the "O" can jump around depending on the killer/survivor perk in effect, but the wiki says that "Death of the initial Obsession does not automatically choose a new Obsession to replace it."

It does say "not automatically" so I am assuming that more than one person can still be the "O" per game, even if the initial "O" is dead.

O = Obsession

Answers

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,517
    Options

If the initial Obsession is dead, then yes there can be a new Obsession - if DS is used, killer has Nemesis for example.

What doesn't happen is that if the Obsession dies, a new obsession is not immediately chosen - there has to be some sort of action that makes someone the obsession.

It's this that can get you 4 Rancor kills in the game (although I've yet to see this happen, still live in hope though :) )

• lazytension
    lazytension Member Posts: 56
    Options

Thanks Mandy! This makes sense. I do not know why I was so adamant on thinking this wasn't true. But you've convinced me!