Are Keys more annoying to killers or Survivors?

Ryan489x
Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I ask this question because the answer seems obvious, Killers right?

Well I had a game tonight where we were playing and another survivor found a key in a chest I guess and we'd finished enough generators for the hatch to appear. They found it made no effort to even signal to people where it was we're all playing to survive and finish the last 2 generators and bang they open the hatch and are out, kicking us into end game and getting us all killed, but who cares right? They got out; turns out they were a rank 4.

So yeah that was pretty damn annoying and scumbag move. I think if you're going to open the hatch like that there should be a way to tell exactly where it is.

Comments

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Here's the thing I hate about keys as killer.

I can be doing very well, and have 2 people killed off with 2 gens left, I start pressuring the gens, but oh, the survivor has a key to get a 2 man escape, oh well.

It's the most annoying thing in the game, besides dead hard for distance for me, and the biggest "'######### you" to the killer.

While moris are more overpowered, at least I know I'm dead when I see that secret offering.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

Yeah this is a pretty big middle finger, I honestly don't think moris should be secret at this point in the game, every time you see that secret offering 99 percent of the time it's a mori and some people Disconnect based on that alone. I've played separation offerings as a killer and had someone DC while the match was loading assuming a mori would be my guess.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Its hard on solo to get other players to meet you by the hatch mid game if you found a key. I found a pink key from a sacrificed survivor and the hatch was fairly close, only 2 of us left so I waited by the hatch to wait for the other guy to find me, he ran straight past me twice then got dropped withon meters of me standing there.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

I’ve had that similar scenario happen before, many times.

Also got upset about it a couple of instances, but then came to understand that we’re NotEntitled to that hatch escape.

I seldom bring keys. If I find a key then I always do my best to let the others know and try to invite them for a hatch escape.

Sometimes in solo queue when a fellow survivor wants to bring a key and the killers see it and keep dodging the lobby, (I’ve experienced up to 12 continual killer key dodges in one lobby before!) then I’ll opt for a new set of survivors.

Keys don’t bother me on either side.

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68

They are more annoying to killers and it's not even close. Not by a lightyear.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I take a super long time to kill people when I play killer, so keys have never been a big issue for me. People are not dead soon enough for it to matter most of the time.

On the survivor side, I get annoyed when teammates ditch me through the hatch, but I understand that it's a game mechanic they're allowed ot use. I have, however, come around to the idea that keys should only work for the person holding them. I think that would be more fair.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

I dont even stay in the lobby as Survivor if I see a key, it generally means a mori to counter it or that key holder is gonna be selfish with it in my experience