The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Bubba is a little too fast when it comes to his chainsaw

Hello. I am entirely aware that the buff for Bubba was necessary, however I have ran into an issue. My normal exhaustion perk is Balanced Landing, and I like using it to it's full potential. I have tested this twice, and I am set on a conclusion.

Picture these following events

-Bubba revs the chainsaw

-I, the survivor, drops down from a hill and I run at 150% movement speed for 3 seconds, and Bubba is 126% or something like that, I really don't know

After my 3 seconds is over, Bubba would use the remaining charges to then use more speed to reach me, and he doesn't even care about the tantrum duration, since we are in the open. He then is able to down me. Maybe just reduce his speed considering his attack is

-Instadown

-Able to down multiple people at once

Just please nerf the speed just slightly so the survivors actually have a chance.

Just please don't give me any grief in chat, I just want other opinions // encounters as survivors or as Bubba

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

A big part of going against Bubba is placement. Try to stick to areas with windows, pallets and walls. On some maps that's pretty difficult, especially with certain gens being out in the open. But yeah, any decent Bubba is always going to get you out in the open. Not sure if he needs a slight nerf necessarily, but we'll see.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

The first time I faced a Bubba post buff I went down at a loop because I did not know he got that quick that fast. Now I've just gotten used to needing a pallet or window to loop Leatherface. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it does change it up a bit.

I think the worst part is that how you loop Leatherface changes depending on what add ons he has, so you just kinda have to assume he's running green or better just to be safe.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Of course you get downed if you're in a deadzone.

Use that speed from your exhaustion perks to get to a loop.

If you're running in a straight line then it's obvious that he will get you easily.

• hangm_nn
    hangm_nn Member Posts: 43
    edited October 2020

Yes I'm aware that you shouldnt run to the middle of nowhere but hear me out;

8/10 hills are placed next to a decent tile, so I was referring that I would balanced landing towards that tile, but before I could even reach the pallet that is really, really close to the hill, he downs me.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

What this means...

" if they nerf Bubbas chainsaw speed, then I'll be able to loop him with no pressure or thought required :)) "

Imo hes okay... he at least poses some sort of threat when compared to his old version.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Kind of hard to judge that without video footage,but again if he managed to down you then it means that you were outpositioned.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I guess @The__High_Ground should post this but I just can't help myself:

That meme is for the window, of course.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I have yet to face a bubba since his rework but I mostly play killer when I am solo. From what everyone seems to be saying never get caught in the open with bubba. It was the same before but now it's like crucial.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Balanced Landing (and most other sprint perks) will not reliably save you from his power in the open. Mainly because he can dash at 132.25% speed for 6 seconds (covering 31.74m in a straight line) while the average Sprint Perk only allows you to go at 150% for 3 seconds before dropping back to 100% (covering 18m + 12m for a total of ~30m in a straight line).

Bubba maintains a higher average speed than you over those 6 seconds (his is obviously 132.25% again, the survivor's would only average to 125%).

Based on the distance each player travels per second, Leatherface would catch up to you a little less than 5 seconds after starting to Dash: he would have traveled 26.45m at this point where a sprinting survivor would have only traveled 26m.

You basically need to be able to reach whatever tile you want to get to within about 4 seconds or you risk him catching up. BL in particular has some startup lag from the big fall needed to trigger its sprint (it only reduces stagger by 75%, it doesn't remove it), so you have even less time when using that particular Exhaustion Perk.

Admittedly, I think this is less an issue with Leatherface being stronger and more that Balanced Landing is arguably the weakest Sprint perk within the Exhaustion set currently.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Gooooood you are making me proud my young apprentice.