Iron Maiden Rework Idea

aarongai
aarongai Member Posts: 155
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Exposed status / scream notification removed. Instead:

• Survivors who attempt to exit lockers are trapped inside by The Entity for 2 / 3 / 4 seconds
  • During this time, the aura of the locker is revealed to the killer
  • Keep the 50% faster locker search speed

Thoughts?

Comments

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

sounds like a big nerf to me.

maybe make it so that iron maden deactivates DS and causes the survivor to lose 1 health state on exit :)

• aarongai
    aarongai Member Posts: 155

I don't see how's it a nerf honestly. As killer, the chance that you're going to reach the survivor before the Exposed status wears off is very slim. This change gives the killer a chance to reach the locker before the survivor takes off.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

This is... would not work very well. Allow me to explain why.

1. The effect is only for 4 secs at max lvl. Survivors don't attempt to leave until the killer is long gone (typically waiting a sec or two after the TR fades). That's not enough time for the killer to make it back before the survivor is long gone.
    2. It still has current IM's weakness. What's that? Once they know you have this perk... they won't go into lockers. It's not subtle in the slightest.
    3. It's an aura with no noise indicator. This makes it very easy to miss as a killer. However, if there is an indicator, I will retract this statement.

Just about the only thing this would be good for is countering Head-On. That's pretty much it.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I Think your concerns are valid so let's change the perk a little to make it viable.

Remove the exposed status and scream

Any survivor that gets into a locker outside of your terror radius, has there arua shown to them for as long as they still in the locker

You open lockers and pull survivors out of lockers 30% faster

How is that?

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

I think reducing 50% to 30% is unneeded, but otherwise, I think it would work a lot better.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

The perk should just turn lockers into literal iron maidens.

I honestly think this perk should be scrapped entirely because it’s just that bad of a perk. In some cases, like as Leatherface or Huntress, it can save a lot of time. But perks that work only on specific Killers are not good perks.