Devs, you know there's something wrong when a YOUTUBER knows your game better than you do. Fix it.

Need proof? Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-klas-5Q4k

The ONLY PERSON who seems to know what's going on and why it's bad for the game. You're welcome. Get a clue please.

Comments

• Baklavah
    Baklavah Member Posts: 26

Get lost with Tyde. He may know some stuff but is incredibly ignorant about several parts of the game, sometimes wilfully so.

Why? Because he advocates for the game to be what it should be?
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

He wants this game to be competitive which it's not and will never be.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Regardless of what I would like to see the game become no one knows the game better than the Devs. They created it and can do with it what they want. We as a community will offer suggestions for change and if they are ignored then we can choose to stay or leave. Although I'm not a fan of DBD's direction at the end of the day it was their product that I bought. I wish for the best but must always accept I'm not the games creator.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I am a fan of Tyde, but competitive enviornment would probably kill this game the same way it weakened League. The game wouldn't be about having fun it would be about metas and winning and we're already at this state. Winning doesn't matter for survivor its about how good you do, and they need to enable this for the killer instead of forcing them to rank up by sacrificing survivors. I have more fun farming and slugging as doctor and trapper than I do having to 4k as a billy and nurse.

• MhhBurgers

I feel like they should just give killer failstates like the hatch if they're gonna keep it so that the occasional 0k doesn't feel as super bad and happens less often.

• Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187

think with your head, don't follow people wh's goal in life is posting videos on youtube.
    thet're obviously losers.

• Baklavah
    Baklavah Member Posts: 26

@Radiant said:
    think with your head, don't follow people wh's goal in life is posting videos on youtube.
    thet're obviously losers.

You say that, but Tyde brings up valuable points. The devs may have created the game, but it doesn't mean they have a single clue what they're doing. After catering to survivors for so long, they now have to properly balance things, and they have no idea how. Their "bandaids" are pretty worthless in the end. "Making hill totems harder to see"? WHY THE HELL ARE THEY SPAWNING ON HILLS TO BEGIN WITH?

NONE of their proposed changes address the major problems with hex totems, looping, the fact that even after their "changes", survivors will STILL be individually stronger than the killer. It's like they don't know the meaning of the friggin word "Asymmetry". Last I checked with horror games, there's usually an overwhelming power that the "survivors/victims/protagonists" have to overcome because they are NOT anywhere near as strong as the entity they're fighting. Then you have to take said power and divide it among the number of players. 1 Survivor should NEVER equal 1 killer. Hell, even 4 survivors shouldn't equal 1 killer. They have to OVERCOME the killer, not meet head on.

It's ridiculous. I've thought about it plenty and Tyde is right. The devs are daft.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Tyde is right in most cases.
    Only very few points I disagree with him.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Baklavah said:
    DocOctober said:

Get lost with Tyde. He may know some stuff but is incredibly ignorant about several parts of the game, sometimes wilfully so.

I couldn't care less about that.

I only care about the false initial statement of "[...] who knows the game better than you".
    As I said, he's wilfully ignorant about several parts of the game, mainly how strong some Killers actually are, just because he himself can't figure them out. He's not omniscient about the game and shouldn't be portrayed as such.

• MhhBurgers
    edited October 2018

@DocOctober said:

@Baklavah said:
    DocOctober said:

I couldn't care less about that.

I only care about the false initial statement of "[...] who knows the game better than you".
    As I said, he's wilfully ignorant about several parts of the game, mainly how strong some Killers actually are, just because he himself can't figure them out. He's not omniscient about the game and shouldn't be portrayed as such.

You realize that the devs themselves didn't figure out alot of killers? The nurse basically exists because they are not good gamers at all, most of them are what true gamers would call casuals.

It doesn't matter if you program something, if you're not good at it and cannot therefore realize it's full potential then the people mastering it will have more knowledge of it than you.

This isn't exclusive to DBD, gamedevs are getting more and more casual forgetting about their hardcore audiences cough blizzard calling ppl who sim their characters obsessive cough

I partly blame the fakenews media for their attacks on true gamers who they said wouldn't have to be an audience.

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

His argument about camping being easy to counter is only correct if every survivor played SWF or were equally skilled. It's not as team based as he seems to think it is. It is often 4 solo players vs. 1 solo player.
    If one person gets hooked, then that person is just dead, and no matter how much one survivor might ignore it, and do a gen, the rest of the team is just squatting around waiting for the killer to move, which he won't.
    Be a scary killer? What's scary about me AFK'ing in front of a hook?
    It is however correct that is is MUCH easier to pip as a survivor than it is with killer, and that survivor is generally easier to play (at least if you do what i call "fair-play" as killer).
    Camping is a very dividing subject. I haven't played the PTB, but i would hardly notice the new chaser emblem, I will however strongly notice the change for getting emblem points for hooking all survivors, and not just for the sacrifice (about time IMO)

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited October 2018
    Sorry but Tyde kinda lost my respect when he tried to dismiss all Hag, Doctor and Freddy mains without arguments who all proved he is wrong about them. Doctor and Hag are good, Freddy has issues but was and still is better than Wraith and LF.

Its also kinda unreasonable to say that a Trapper could destroy teams and calling him a low tier Killer despite having one of the highest skillcaps in the game.
  • MhhBurgers

lol @ calling freddy better than LF unhooks right in your face and walks towards exit

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited October 2018

lol @ calling freddy better than LF unhooks right in your face and walks towards exit

Sorry but LFs power can be denied indefinitely by survivors using windows and pallets correctly and has little presence.

Freddy can influence and stall survivors no matter where he is. He is able to effectively disable survivors for up to a minute by forcing slow heals and rarely has to bother finding survivors which saves time.

Unlike most Killers Freddy has the freedom to disengage chases without losing them completely, in fact it can be a wise tactic.
    Also when things go bad LF can camp but Freddy is the King of tunneling.

For LF the worst case is a 1k with 10k max and a depip. For Freddy its a 1k with 20k and a likely safety pip if he atleast stalled the game out.
  • MhhBurgers

Freddy doesn't force slow heals unless you use the dress addon, which nobody uses btw. And even then it's super RNG.

And to sum it up: Freddy is RNG, LF is more reliable.

• ChesterTheMolester

Freddy doesn't force slow heals unless you use the dress addon, which nobody uses btw. And even then it's super RNG.

Forced failed skillcheck, regression, mangled, repositioning...
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

This game is so broken for killers.
    Who enjoys loosing just because picking the wrong killer in the main menu, lol?

• MhhBurgers

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    MhhBurgers said:

Dat 2% regression, awesome power. If you don't have M&A survivors will learn what you're doing and not be afraid of you unless they directly see you.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@MhhBurgers said:

MhhBurgers said:

Dat 2% regression, awesome power. If you don't have M&A survivors will learn what you're doing and not be afraid of you unless they directly see you.

Maybe you should change your avatar. It doesn't sound like you know an awful lot about Freddy.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited October 2018

@MhhBurgers said:

You don't need M&A to do well with him. I personally find it a waste of a perk slot.

And his power does slow not only healing, but also objective repairs when you compare him to the other killers.

Seriously, have you ever played him?

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited October 2018
    Mc_Harty said:

@MhhBurgers said:

You don't need M&A to do well with him. I personally find it a waste of a perk slot.

And his power does slow not only healing, but objective repairs when you compare him to the other killers.

To be fair, not that many people make use of the Power of Darn correctly, especially not Tyde who keeps playing him as a normal chase Killer.
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

To be fair, not that many people wield the Power of Darn correctly, especially not Tyde who keeps playing him as a normal chase Killer.

I think the majority treats killers that aren't Hillbilly or Nurse as normal chase killers.

Freddy may be terrible at chases but he's great for stalling. Slap on some anti-heal perks and he's quite decent. Still needs that rework though.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Mc_Harty said:

And his power does slow not only healing, but objective repairs when you compare him to the other killers.

I played him quite a lot (even P3'ed him lul) and i personally find "Monitor&Abuse" mandatory on him.

Quite strong on him because the small terror radius let him sneak up easily to the survivors.

It's even better for juggling since you just have to stop the chase and move few meters to disapear from the survivor's screen (the heartbeat at least, then you have to "hide" a little).

And since the sleeping survivor's aura are directly tied to your terror radius, that's mean that you always see it if you're not few meters from them.

But it's more a matter of playstyle at this point.

• ChesterTheMolester
    Mc_Harty said:

To be fair, not that many people wield the Power of Darn correctly, especially not Tyde who keeps playing him as a normal chase Killer.

I think the majority treats killers that aren't Hillbilly or Nurse as normal chase killers.

Freddy may be terrible at chases but he's great for stalling. Slap on some anti-heal perks and he's quite decent. Still needs that rework though.

He is better than many say, but i agree he still needs that rework, no doubt, for both sides sake.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Okay, let's pretend I don't feel like watching the video. What is the short version of what he says?

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

@Dreamnomad said:
    Okay, let's pretend I don't feel like watching the video. What is the short version of what he says?

That he is superior to everyone playing the game. That he knows all. Tyde is a great value Ochode. He cannot be wrong and if you prove him wrong, he cries. Then if you play with him, he sucks but is superior. The fact that he has several videos of him rage quitting and walking away from the computer in mid stream makes me sad that a grown man acts the way he does.

While he has a few decent points on only a few subjects, he's an egomaniac who doesn't deserve the attention he gets. If he acted his age I wouldn't have a problem with him.