Fixing post-game chat.

Options

A few days ago I had a rough game where I got a 1k (as the spirit) and the survivor I killed went on a very homophobic, racist rant which proceeded to ruin the mood of my stream. I reported him/her in DBD, Steam, and also made a post on here, but it hardly got noticed. This is ridiculous and not acceptable, especially to people that just want to play the game instead of fearing what lies ahead in post-game chat. And no, "ignoring" the chat is not an option, especially if I want to discuss the game with them afterwards.

BHVR seriously needs to implement a system where there's a filter on certain words in the game AND/OR implement an auto time-out when a certain word has been said.

Comments

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320
    Options

The mods here will insist that BHVR is all over this type of behavior, but like you, my experience tells me otherwise. I've reported SWFs for crazy homophobic/racist rants and they were still online playing later that week. Maybe BHVR has an 80 strikes and you're out policy, but only if you've bought a lot of pink haired cosmetics

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 363
    Options

There is a tiny icon that shuts out post-game chat, and while that is there I agree there should be an option for profanity filtering. I'm strongly against autobans over words because you'll just get toxicity with a different flavor.

• lazytension
    lazytension Member Posts: 56
    Options

Honestly, if it keeps happening, I'm uninstalling the game and moving on with my life. 1k hours and it keeps getting worse. Nothing has ever been done about this behavior. Therefor, I won't stand for it, nor should anyone else..