Spirit doesn't take skill at red ranks

If your an experienced spirit player with good headphones and the following perks:

Corrupt Intervention,Ruin,Stridor,Pop Goes The Weasel and using her addons

Your going to 4k with literally no effort whatsoever.

Comments

• TheCoolDBDGamer
    TheCoolDBDGamer Member Posts: 92
    edited October 2020

Even if your not an experienced spirit player it's extremely easy to 4k with those perks and using her addons and have really good headphones.

Also take everything i type with a grain of salt sometimes i don't mean what i say haha

• TheCoolDBDGamer
    TheCoolDBDGamer Member Posts: 92

im joking haha, i love to post random things for no reason

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Well, I don't really even need those perks, have none of them in my build, although I don't play her very often.

"sometimes I don't mean what I say haha" - ermmm, so you are basically shiteposting?

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

So it takes skill to go against Spirit at red ranks. Let survivors have difficulty levels too.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

Spirit never takes skill. I can't think of ONE game that I didn't get 3k+ in as Spirit.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

If you don't get at least 1 kill is Spirit in any match, it shows the player has little knowledge of the game. Spirit is the second easiest killer to play in the game, and if she bas Stridor, then it's essentially impossible to "mindgame" her.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Spirit take skill to play try to catch a survivor with her with all the sound issue the game have

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 2020

Stridor blows on her; it completely breaks the audio range detection by forcing distant sounds to be loud and in your face, when they're still several meters away.

Also, can I tell you about our Lord and Saviour, Iron Will?

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

Who is the easiest, if I may ask?

Also, all this absolute terms "no skill required", "always 4k", "not at least one kill, you must be bad", is utter BS, sorry. Of course she may be easier to play than other killers. But you also face survivors with different skillsets. Against 4 randoms, sure you can dominate them. But against a well organzied team (does not even have to be swf), it's no shame to lose even when playing Spirit. Sure you can 4k these games as well, but you will have to sweat more for it. It's far from "no skill required" then, probably no 4k, you maybe even get out without killing anyone (when you want to play fair instead of tunneling someone out). That does not make you bad, you were just not as lucky.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

Stridor counters iron will it makes you sound normally

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

The easiest is undoubtedly Freddy. However, even with several factors playing against her, Spirit is still easy to at least 1K with.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Hey man Not just anybody can literally take their hands off their keyboard and mouse to outplay survivors like that. It's all about the mInDgAmEs

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

You can 1k with any killer if you just tunnel them off hook.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

I don't want to play with headphones and i don't like the guessing game with spirit.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Every killer has an easy way to get a 1K. If you expect a 9-hook 1k game to be brainlessly easy, I think we need to check out some details of the game before we start discussing. Seems like some guys here are just throwing some numbers and forgetting something, just for the sake of blaming spirit

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231
    edited October 2020

I play Spirit with a HEX / Pickup build. It is fun on low ranks to pickup survivors from bones, but not as good on red ranks where survivors actually do gens and don't stay still to squeeze the last 5% until im there. I put fun over 4k. If i want to have both i play freddy or doc.

Meaning: Doing 4k is easyer with a lot of killers. That is why Tiers exist. Maining a high tier killer results in many 4k's. Doesn't mean you will play this killer 100% of the time. This is why 21 killers exist to "choose" from ... get bored with Spirit, main another one. It's just the grind to actually do so that is way to brutal.

4k with Freddy, Myers or Doc is very easy for me as well. Because im used to these killers. Toxic OP stats might also have something to do with it XD

Now im playing Legion, Hag or try my luck with the Nurse because the matches get too repetetive and i'd like to experiment with new build and start ideas. Slugging with Oblivious build is something i could see work pretty well. Just need to find the right killer / strat for it.

• ClickyClicky

You know for someone supposedly new to the forum you sure do seem to have a grudge against me. Interesting...

The point of bringing up the tournament was to show you that good players vs good players Spirit isn't so easy. Everybody had a shot at playing Spirit and for the most part she didn't perform that well.

Only survivors had perk limitations, imagine how much harder it would have been for Spirit if they didn't have limits on survivor perks.

Finally I bring up the tournament because DBD isn't actually a high skill game. Just rush gens and try not to go down. That's it, anyone can imitate that and there are thousands of players on the game with thousands of hours playtime, I see them every game. Red ranks are full of them. The tournament here is a reflection of the better red rank players. Sure maybe swf won't leave people to die at endgame but that's about the one exception. Killers camping and tunneling, survivors rushing gens....yeah that's DBD public matches. Nothing unique about the tournament which means we can't apply it here.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

Anyone who thinks Spirit takes any skill at all probably plays Freddy with double slowdowns and pop, spamming dreamsnares at T and L walls. I only play Ghostface and have since his release at rank 1 so when the Spirit tome came out, I played her at rank 1 with no perks since I can't be bothered to level her up at the moment. I consistently got 4k after 4k because of how easy she is. You can fake survivors by just standing still and even if you don't do that you phase, wait at the middle of a loop and listen before coming out of phase with her speed boost to down the survivor.

• ClickyClicky

You contradict yourself there. You say they were sweating their butts off and say they're the top 1% then go on to say they were trash and brought meme builds. Which is it?

I see a fair few 6k+ hours players. Not everyone in the tourney had that many, 3k-6k hours is on the same level as many of those people and those are common on EU servers.

I see people all the time that could play just as well as any of them. Hell people were overrating the hell out of Ayrun and guess what? I've played with him and he's not that impressive at all when you're not watching a heavily edited youtube highlight video. I see plenty of survivors with more brains than him.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I wouldn't say she doesn't take any skill, but she does take less.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    edited October 2020

kinda touchy issue its not easy to pick up but too easy for the potential she has

Post edited by Kumnut768 on
  • Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

I honestly lose brain cells every time someone compares DBD pub matches to tournaments. Those Spirits were limited to yellow/brown addons and there were only 3 spirits that were actually good.

Most Spirits in red rank Pub matches run Dirty Uwabaki or Mother Daughter Ring against players without coms. Now tell me how that's actually comparable? Sure survivors have a much lower skill cap than killers but to say survivors take no skill is a bit asinine.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Wait so if I do that and sit in the corner I can get free 4ks 😱

• ClickyClicky

and most survivors run a full loadout of meta perks, those survivors were only allowed 2 max of each meta perk. Also I love how you say there were only 3 that were good.....as if they're gonna be way below your average public match spirits. Your average pub spirit is even worse and probably has less hours on the game.

I see spirit with MD ring once in a blue moon. Most tend to run yellow/green add ons from my experience. Lets not forget survivors bring way better items in public matches too and right now there seems to be a surge of BNP users.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

What an original OP.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    edited October 2020

can a rock get a 4k with spirit and good headphones...

and who plays dbd without headphones??? I can understand if you're playing survivor. For killer, not having a headset seems like a huge setback.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Pgtw and ruin are pretty ######### together, otherwise I agree.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Spirit does take skill just not a whole lot of it, and what I mean is that her peak doesn't take a long time to get mastered compared to let's say nurse who takes a while to master and use effectively at high ranks , spirit is like the Walmart version of nurse she's a little easier to use but can't do as much as nurse can

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

Who gives a #########...? I'm sorry but that crap is getting old

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

I disagree. Spirit always wins in green and purple ranks. But in red ranks, survivor teams are so insane on average that Spirit can barely keep up.

• Walmart
    Walmart Member Posts: 19

You're not fully wrong, but I think the main thing wrong about Spirit is when she phases, especially during chase. During chase, when she phases, you don't really know if she's phasing or standing still. Lots of Spirits just stand still and wait to see if the survivor runs right into them, or if they don't, then the Spirit can phase and catch them. The thing I think, personally, needs to be changed, is there has to be more indication when she's phasing in a chase rather than using a flashlight to burn her retinas out. The footsteps she makes while phasing are really faint, I think they should be louder, and maybe some sort of sounds/movement that's not too noticeable, but if you're paying attention you'll see it when standing up close to her. Her husk and her standing animation being the same makes it hard to tell what she's actually doing, and make sounds/footsteps when she's phasing louder. Also, not sure if it's just me, but even when I'm at the distance when I should hear her phasing, I don't. The sounds sometimes doesn't start, or it starts really late, but it would be nice if that were fixed, too.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

You're definitely someone who plays Spirit or are a killer only main. Spirit is a cheap way to get free wins especially with perks like pop, corrupt, ruin and any other slowdowns along with stridor and decent headphones. I play both sides and have played Spirit enough to know how unfair she is so I'm sure a lot of people care based on the fact that this is a discussion to begin with.

• MusicNerd_TC

This, I don't care about skill anymore, just have fun in the videogame.

• MusicNerd_TC

How are they a killer main for saying who cares? Lmfao.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I play Spirit at Rank 1, but I'm not a Spirit main or anything. I'm more of a "casual" with her. Yes, she can win chases pretty reliably regardless of how strong the pallets or loops are.

BUT it still takes time and her power doesn't really let her snowball, so ironically I think for most people she'll be a little bit weaker just because snowballing is pretty hard since she can't one shot and her power has a pretty strict cooldown to work with. Spirit is only really crazy if you can correctly predict Survivors immediately and don't need to spend much time in her power so it recharges faster since you're barely spending any time in phase.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

Well I'm glad you understand the disparity between pub and tournament so you never have to bring up tournaments again. You have survivors with thousands of hours vs killers with thousands of hours. It's incomparable since pubs have players across the whole spectrum.

You also forget to mention that most players don't play in 4 man SWF's with coms btw which is a huge advantage. That was very convenient to leave out. We all play in different regions and have different experiences so we're subject to our own confirmation bias. Personally, I get the most tryhard spirits known to mankind. Ever since the advent of crossplay, there's also been a surge of bad survivors.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

not true, you are half as loud as normally. Stridor generally is not just "ez gg", it ######### up your depth perception as someone already said, you cannot pinpoint survivors anymore

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

should start making some money of of that, like stream your spirit matches and ask for a dono for ever 10 streak of 4k's

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

Nobody wants to watch a streamer play easy mode. Spirit is my main killer, it's ridiculously easy to 4k with 2-3 gens left. Usually if I 3k it's because they found hatch before me.

• ClickyClicky

All these people saying shes broken yet they mained her. Funny how that works.

At least he had the courtesy to say he got bored of easy wins. I’m guessing he plays Trapper with padded jaws now because he needs the challenge.

Meanwhile steveperrypsychout here claims shes broken, always gets the 4k with multiple gens left yet still mains her.....hmm 🤔

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

yeah i'm pretty sure that's just BS, if she would be easy 4k everytime under any circumstances, more people in red ranks would play her. Of course if you are really good with her, you will win more games than you lose. But let any mediocre killer play her and you will see, she's pretty mindgame-able.