Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Do we know if macros are okay?

Hey guys! Maybe we'll even get a dev in here.

I'm curious--I have a repetitive stress problems in my hands & wrist from working at a computer all day. The wiggle & struggle functions aggravate these problems & actually physically hurt. Can I just set up a macro using my logitech keyboard's software, or am I going to get picked up by EAC as a machine?

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I think Devs can’t really answer this, because they can’t guarantee what EAC detects or will detect with future updates..

some people are changing the key for struggling to the mouse-wheel, maybe that’s an option for you? But I guess that wouldn’t work for wiggling - but here you actually don’t have to be as fast with the button mashing and it doesn’t matter that much if you stop for split seconds...

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Interesting, it's the wiggling mostly, I already bound struggle to my mouse-wheel so it's just the wiggling that's an issue for me now. It makes my hands/wrist hurt SO much.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Macros are undetectable because its "coming" from your keyboard

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

All I'll say is based on my setup for the past 10 months, you're fine.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

They're basically a use at your own risk. If you get banned for it by EAC, we can't help you.

• Jota
    Jota Member Posts: 156

If they don't ban you for using Discord, why'd they ban you for using Razer Synapse. Doesn't make sense, and I don't see macros giving you any advantage in this game, so be happy

• Delcat
    Delcat Member Posts: 32

I hope you get one working for you, hand problems are no joke and wiggu wiggu can in fact be a strain. On Switch it's mapped to spinning the left stick, and anyone who played OG Mario Party can tell how hard that is on the thumbs. I switch to Killer when my left hand starts aching 8X