I opened the gate for you why t-bag?

Options

Anyone else have this problem? You go against a really good survivor team and they do gens quickly and efficiently. They finish all the gens and you know your not gonna win the game at all so you head straight to gates and open so the survivors can leave and you can finish the match quickly. But instead they sit their and t-bag until you get close to them or the EGC timer starts to run out.

Why do they do that I've completely given up but you still want to waste my time by t-baging I don't get it. (I didn't even tunnel, camp, or slug all game.)

Comments

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424
    Options

I wouldn't say it's much of a problem, really. Like, I legit prefer that than the paragraphs of hate I receive in purple ranks as a survivor in a uncoordinated team. However, I understand that it is tacky and of poor taste.

As a Killer, I am not great, honestly. I play one match daily for the extra experience and in an attempt to see if I can do one of the dailies for the Killers if I get the chance, but it's super obvious I'm never going for the 4K and just trying to enjoy a casual game and still experience some bad manners every now and then.

It's just the community really. It's not on you.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

Try not to let them bother you. I know its hard, but that's what they want. You bugged.

When I get people like this I just use this time to find pallets that might need breaking. Even if you cant find any pallets...just walk around the map and let your killer finally get some peace in their souls. Look at the sky or a buring fire. My Doctor is interested in looking at cars when they are on his map. Also he has a fun time running up and down stairs while laughing. He's such a good guy. 😊

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

Maybe they were doing "thank you squats"?

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681
    Options

What is a nice Killer? You mean the pepole who first hook Mori, Camp, tunnel? Yes Killers are so nice guys who Just want to have fun... Sure.

• ILoveDemo
    Options

Survivors got so many nerfs how should they be in the Power role?

• dungforever5
    dungforever5 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I always give the killer some squats before I leave the gate. I thought it was a sign of GG? It's better than pointing at them or gesturing them to come closer. Sometimes I use it when I get cornered as a "please let me do this one thing?" And killers tend to respond with either a nod or a shake.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,204
    Options

It's because everyone ignores the giant elephant in the room , gen speeds have always been the main problem with this game

• batmobile89
    batmobile89 Member Posts: 34
    Options

Yes this is what I do when a killer lets me live. The so-called t-bag is simply a thank you squat from me and I leave them the item I’m carrying as a gift lol

• miachan22
    miachan22 Member Posts: 36
    Options

thats sad because it even happens when you just let them win. I was playing as Myers doing some killer challenges, hooked everyone once (for bbq stacks), killed ace (because he t-bagged mid chase), and waited by the door, no gens done so far. Still they waited till 3/4 egc to leave :(

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

They may not have been born that way. They could have been a player who never face camped or tunneled. Then too many SWFs bullied them, flashlight them, teabagged them, abused DS+BT+UB+Adren. After having that happen enough time they just snapped :P

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    edited October 2020
    Options

Thats like shooting someone with a Glock after they surrender to you

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

Those types are why survivors have a bad rep. It ruins it for the players who are decent and don't disrespect killers like that.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

Probably because you given up trying and basically thrown the game?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

If I have to explain how that combination can be abused you are obviously new and wouldn't understand.

• ILoveDemo
    Options

I alredy exlpained so often why this perks are ok and not unfair at all. You have to be a Rank 12 Killer or just bad as Killer to say that this perks need a Nerf.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately to this thread so I'm sure others have already given this advice, but NEVER give up. You should fight every game to the bitter end. I've been a Survivor before with (3) other Survivors disconnecting and four Generators left undone. The hatch got kicked shut. Did I stand there and wait? No. I do my best to get a gate open and loop. Every second still in the game is a learning experience. If the Survivors Gen-Rushed me into near oblivion, I remind myself that I'm not gone YET. Every second I have to keep hunting is a chance to improve hunting and looping. And who knows, I might earn enough points in chases or get a down and prevent a loss of Pip. Every blood point counts; why would you leave money on the table?

If you want to get good faster, you don't shy away from a losing game. You dive into it and fight harder. Practice makes perfect, and ditching a game to start the next one doesn't help you. You want that practice when all is lost and things are hardest. You get more out of that than you do the start of a new game where targets are fresh and you feel no pressure.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,543
    Options

I go against survivor who try to blind me has they leave.... like no you had your chance for that and failed

When I play survivor I do it once (not any more then once)... like to show (and probably not taken this way) respect to a killer who tried... or I let the entity get me

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

think it how they do it also they do it more then twice.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Next time tunnel camp and slug. If youre going to get tbagged anyway might as well do what you can to win

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146
    Options

You talk like everyone wants to play this game 24/7 and learn every little detail about how things work. It's just a fact that there are a lot of casual players that dont waste every hour of their life on DBD. Some people occasionally wanna come on and have a good match which often doesnt happen, because more often than not the game is one big bundle of frustrations.

You either invest a lot of time to learn things and be frustrated at how good this game //could// be if any sort of love went into making it and listening to the fanbase instead of corporate greed.

Or- you play ocassionally which means you're okay at it but it's still frustrating because of the many balance issues and rng elements to it.

its a lose loose situation, really.

• WhatUpWithThat
    WhatUpWithThat Member Posts: 6
    Options

TB is communication. Plain and simple. The person was probably saying thanks with it.

As a surv main I say hello at start to fellow survs with TB. We tell each other, hey you shanked the skill check with TB. We say hey my chest with TB. etc

You'll know when you're getting truly bagged when it's slow and probably on other side of a pallet. In the open TB is baiting. Don't take TB for always being BM.

• StaticToast
    StaticToast Member Posts: 6
    Options

When this happens and I'm survivor, I do crouch repeatedly but I don't do it as a form of teabagging, I do it as a way of saying "thanks" and "gg" since theres not really other ways of doing so

• PhonicComet479
    PhonicComet479 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Use noed

or maybe we should talk to the creators to make something with the timer when the killer opens the door (Maybe be faster)

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

It's weird, but you can sort of get a "feel" for the different crouches, teabags are usually super fast and frantic, like someone having a seizure on their crouch button. A "thank you" crouch is usually like two slower (but still quick) crouches while the survivor looks behind them.

I think the only reason I "know" (If I'm even correct here) this is because I also get it sometimes when I'm showing mercy/giving hatch, etc.

• CleanseThePallet
    CleanseThePallet Member Posts: 4
    Options

Moonwalk into exit gate with a Leatherface saw revved...or bring Deathslinger, they'll DC or get harpooned out of the gate.

• DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122
    Options

With the rarity of a killer deeming the good one and they spare me by letting me open the gate and escape (im always shocked) I do one thank you squat lol

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,231
    Options

Allow me to introduce myself

Honestly, when I play Survivor, its not rare to face Killers who camp,tunnel. But I believe more than half of them was caused by toxic Survivors. I used to be a toxic Killer because of toxic Survivor.

But Im still trying to be nice and stay above them.

• FeraMist
    FeraMist Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hi. Survivor main here.

Me and and all my friends who I play this game don't Tbag to be ######### and I don't see why people see all tbagging that way? I Tbag if killer gave me hatch. I Tbag if killer catches me and gets me stuck in a corner, where he will 100% hit me. I Tbag if the killer lets me live or farms.

I'm doing it as a friendly gesture. I feel like more survivors do this than you all think. There's a bad rep that all survivors are toxic when imo that's not true. My swf group literally just play to have fun and we don't Tbag as an insult, like someone else said. Thank you squats.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Whenever I see 4 identical loooking survivors, I am gonna prepare for the worst. Unless its 4 Dwight or Aces, then I know its a meme-squad.

• 47v3ctorlulz
    47v3ctorlulz Member Posts: 7
    Options

The survivors that teabag when I give them something always seem like they're trying to say "thank you" because there's not a real option for that

• Lascivar
    Lascivar Member Posts: 41
    Options

A lot of the -very- new survivors don't get to escape very often, even some of the boosted ones around rank 1. When they get a chance to escape they'll most likely want to show it off and take it out on the killer.

Don't stress, it's not you doing anything wrong, they're just happy they won a game for a change.

• UGWRayne
    UGWRayne Member Posts: 15
    Options

A bunch of us do that as like were saying thank you being that there is only come here and go there emotes. There is nothing to say thanks..... For the most part there is usually a clear difference between ######### and thank you. Its usually 2 squats for thank you.... Squat 1= thank. Squat 2= you. Anymore is uncalled for and if you do it a ######### load of times and run in circles doing it youre an ass hole.. If you want to be a real man step away from that door and try that #########. Not next to the exit like a candy ass.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Play ghostface and teabag them back.

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330
    edited October 2020
    Options

I have lots tbag hatch when I give it to them.

It's a thank you. Not many ways to send and receive information in the game, so I assume the best if it's unclear.

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125
    Options

I recently discovered that some survivors tbag as a way of apologizing for failing skill checks. I always thought it meant "**** this gen and YOU too!"

Two tap-tap style crouches mean hi or thanks. Anymore or less or in any other context get difficult to interpret.

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46
    Options

I like to think I'm a nice killer. I kill everyone then let the 4th guy get hatch (usually carrying them to it) but if they're remotely toxic at the end I'll close the hatch and mori them. And I play console so they cant really ######### at me.

• WanderingKnight
    WanderingKnight Member Posts: 7
    Options

Personally, when a killer has opened a gate for me/the team. I stay and "t-bag" to kind of say thank you? I also try and let them chase and hit me too for the extra bp.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 871
    Options

Don't forget streamers influence on how some may act. Like Sattilizer. Takes every opportunity to tbag.

I use to find him funny, but he's different, solo playing, as apposed to when with another streamer SWFing. Like when with Ohmwrecker.