Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Came back from my dbd break, community is still as horrible.

Meksagon
Meksagon Member Posts: 10

Came back from my dbd break just like week ago, i've played both the survivor and killer and the community is just as horrible as i remembered,

in my survivor games there has been alot of people who have disconnected after they have been downed. And some of them have been toxic in the end chat towards the killer for no reason or some puny little reason. Whereas killers have always seemed to be kind in my experience. ( i've seen couple killers DC, but have yet to see killer who is toxic in the end game chat )

And in my killer games, oh boy, the toxicity is just unbelievable. If i stay near the hooked survivor while 1-3 survivors are having a tea party 2 meters away from the hook without letting me walk away, i will be called camper, and bunch of racial slurs, toxic words, and words related to ending your life or wishing your family members death. If i facecamp intentionally its the same but worse. And if i don't camp i still do get sometimes toxicity for no reason, or just disrespected in the end game chat for being bad but that's not a biggie.

Im just confused, why are survivors so toxic, the matches last like 10 or less mins, and you don't much earn or lose when you win/lose expect bloodpoints. ( if we would compare to league of legends, matches can go up to 40-60+ mins, 1 mistake can cost the whole games, autofill forces you to play a role you don't want to, in that game the toxicity is so much less and its understandable to sometimes be a toxic in that game compared to dbd )

Also i always see survivors calling killers toxic..... by... their playstyle??? uhm what? How is that even toxic, so i cant stay near hook, i cant focus the same survivor, i cant down a survivor, what am i supposed to do then? Whereas toxic survivors are literally hella toxic in the end game chat ( i've heard that there are killers who call survivors toxic by using flashlight/teabag but i have yet to see one )

Comments

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

What a shame. I share your experience regaring prevalence in toxicity depending on role played ( Survivors easily 1000x more than killers).

You had a bad streak with toxic players, but there are so many nice and decent people in the community too, let´s not forget about them. Hope you can still enjoy and your community experience will improve soon.

• Meksagon
    Meksagon Member Posts: 10

You're totally right, i've met couple surviors who have been kind and nice and had a friendly chat with them in the end game chat ( both when i have played killer and surv ). I guess im just unlucky with the toxicity. Thanks for your response, have a nice day!