The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is not fair when the gates are so close to each other

sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 535
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

When you get to be the last survivor, and the killer finds the hatch before you do, that's it, game over, is just gonna be impossible to scape when the stupid gates are so close to each other, the killer doesn't even have to go all the way to each gate, he can just take a peak from the distance from one gate to the other.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

That's the thing, its called RNG, where sometimes its far apart sometimes it close, just like how pallets are rng

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

except they can control the RNG. They controlled the hook quantity and RNG distance when hooks were spawning too far away/ too close to each other, or pallet quantity and distance, etc etc.

Likewise, they could place a limit as to how close or far the gates can be. All survivors move at the same speed, but some killers can reach the most separated gates in a fraction of the time as others.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

In response to the actual OP, that is RNG, which has been a problem of this game from the start, and the reason why this game won't be competitive or tournament ready, we need map seeds.

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234
    edited October 2020

Technically, if you are the last survivor, you are already dead. If your team didn't managed to do all the gens it's a 4k. Having a second (hatch) and third option (powering the exit gates when the hatch is closed) to escape is a very debatable thing in DBD and a reason why many killers slug for their deserved 4k. ( Oh... I have completely forgotten the fourth option: Finding/bringing a key and opening the hatch WHENEVER you want, even when the killer has already closed it and getting as many people out of the game as you want. Yeah...poor survivors. This game is very unfair and it must be hard to die because the exit gates are too close to each other *sob*)

Complaining about something that is completely RNG eventhough the game is still kissing your a* multiple times when you have lost is...interesting.

Don't take my comment as offensive or something. It isn't. I just think that this is a non issue if you think about what I just have written. We all should be thankful as survivors that we have so many second chances in this game while killers have to sweat a lot.

Post edited by Chechia on
  • Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

When you close the hatch and the doors are 3 Ormonds apart and you it takes 3 EGCs to patrol them, and there's so many LoS blockers you have to basically be 5 feet from the door to see if the lights are lit.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

It's very unlucky if you're the last survivor standing and the gates are close together, but unlucky isn't the same as unfair.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I really wish they'd fundamentally change how the gates are placed. Everything else is procedurally generated, so why couldn't Exit Gates be changed to have their distance apart dynamically affected by which side is considered to be "winning" when they are powered?

• Survivors are winning (Gates powered with 3+ survivors alive): Gates spawn closer together, possibly on the same wall, so that killer can more easily pressure both and have a better chance of extending the match during the endgame.
    • Killer is winning (Gates powered with only 1 survivor remaining): Gates spawn further apart on separate walls so that the survivor has a realistic chance of being able to carefully open a gate, provided the killer doesn't see them doing it.
    • Equal Footing (Gates powered when only 2 survivors are left): Middle ground between the above two possibilities. Gates may spawn on separate walls or the same wall depending on map.

In addition, there would always be a minimum and maximum distance apart that the Gates could ever be in order to prevent this system from going overboard with the more extreme options.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Yeah they should balance the distance for both sides making an even amount of space as possible. That way it is neither too close or too far. I say if they do this in my opinion make the gate timer a slightly longer time. Perhaps 20 seconds? Let me know what you think.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

The gates are visible from the start of the game though

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Map seed and more map settings in custom like pallet count, jungle gym count, etc.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

I agree but unfortunately it's one of the RNG aspects of the game that can completely screw over either side.

The same can be said when a map spawns only 5 pallets which are all unsafe or instead spawns 15 pallets, 8 jungle gyms and loads of strong loops. The RNG of maps is one of the core aspects of the game but unfortunately can tip the balance massively in the survivors or killers favour

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited October 2020

I would say more often than not they are too far away, rather than too close.

That said, why shouldn't they always be closer in the scenario you're describing?

You already had a free second chance attempt at hatch for nothing and now you want another second chance after your team lost?

Not to mention all the previous second chances you could have had with perks that exist. Now I'm not counting those because you might not run them, but common, when's the last game you had where there wasn't some combination of at least 2-4 DS's, BT's, or Unbreakables? Almost every single game.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

That was the first thing that came to mind.. how when I’m Killer and it’s physically impossible to get to the second door before they open it.. The closest initial door will literally get opened as well while you’re on your way to the other door you have no chance of stopping.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

That's why I said "fundamentally change". Maybe the Gates shouldn't be visible from the start of the trial at all; that frees them up to be placed as they become powered.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

I have always thought there should be both a minimum and maximum distance allowed between gates.

Example #1: I was in a match the other day where all 5 gens were completed and 3 survivors left. The gates were so close together that the killer was able to prevent either gate from being opened before time ran out.

Example #2: Match just yesterday where the other 3 survivors all hook farmed with the killer. I got 2 gens done during that time. The gates were so far apart I was able to walk up to a gate, open it, and walk out the door before the killer even got close enough to be in their terror radius.

In #1 the survivors did what they were supposed to do. Despite that the proximity of the gates made it no challenge whatsoever for the killer to keep them from opening.

In #2 the killer did what they were supposed to do. Despite that the gates were so far apart it presented zero challenge to me to open the gate and walk out.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think either situation should ever occur. Gate placement should never be a guaranteed win or loss for either side. I would love to see there be both a minimum and maximum distance between gates that presents a challenge to both sides.

• crow13312013
    crow13312013 Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2020

I player killer all the time I think not its fair the survivors has 3ways to escape it should be 2way main door & hatch

• Khyill
    Khyill Member Posts: 10

The gates don't magically get closer or further at the end of the game. You should take their position into account regardless of whether you are killer or survivor.

• crow13312013
    crow13312013 Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2020

I also think torn blueprint & vigos should be secret between survivor & killer

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

That sounds incredibly laggy. People can get frozen just from being hit with debuffs, having two entire structures spawn in sounds awful.