Although I got four kills as killer, it's still my worst game experience ever!

nam
nam Member Posts: 63

Sorry for my poor writing. The story is, in one match I played oni, and I played so good that I got three hooked in the basement.

In general, it should be the end, isn't it? However, they are an AT team, and the last one has borrow time, He just ran to me, took a hit and saved one on the hook, then I found that every of them have borrow time, finally all of the three escape from the basement easily, and I only got one left in the basement.

This is not the end, I chased them and hit two down, but both of the two have Decisive Strike, I took double stupid stun and got nothing. In the beginning, I got three in the basement, but finally I lost everything, and got two stun. This is so much fun, isn't it?

Fortunately, it's me, an experienced killer, not a noob. Finally, I still got 4 kill, but I feel so bad. The game should have ended with four generators left, but they were able to drag two with their op perks. I got so tired with this game since then. Is that mean, as a killer, I must take turns hooking them, one by one, I can't hook two or more at the same time, and I also have to play against gen rush? If that, you are force player to play nurse and spirit.

I already uninstalled the game. I won't play dbd until ZZZ nurf borrow time and Decisive Strike!

Comments

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

If you're efficient at hooking, my friend, allow me to introduce you to my favorite perk combo thus far:

Dying Light + Save the Best for Last.

Ignore the Obsession, and for each Survivor you smack, you get to attack faster and faster. For each Survivor you hook, generators slow to a crawl as the game goes on.

Take them down one-by-one, don't panic, and the final two gens or so will be completed at a snail's pace. Once you reach about 5 hooks, the generators will be mostly a non-issue.

• nam

I use this combo when I paly Freddy or Doctor, but as oni, SBL doesn't help a lot.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

Aside from Demon Striking Survivors, I feel like it would help a lot. I know Dying Light can pull clutch games on its own, but it's dependant on how good you are at hooking.

• nam

And, your points seems reasonable, but, the thing is, when we talking about the strenth of a killer, we need to mention this killer's core perks.

Bubba with Bamboozle and Bubba without Bamboozle is totally two different killer. If we delete Bamboozle now, Bubba would become a trash killer instantly. So does undying+ruin to all the killer are good at mutiple injury but have low mobility, like huntress, deathslinger and hag, cause they need perks to help delay gens. So does BBQ to nurse and spirit, they need to find the next target quickly instead of patrol.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I mean, there were counters to what they did. Sounds like you were playing as though you didn't expect them all to have the smol pp build. Always expect the smol pp.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

Man to read your story makes me almost happy to take a break from dbd at the moment.

That must have been terrible to experience.

But it is only one thing of a long list of unfun things for me in dbd. The others would be that there is no dc penalty anymore, still soundbugs in this game and they still haven't buff on the right way, a specific killer.

So I can basically just sitting here and being happy to not have come in this situation :D... Sorry.

• Radiosity
    Radiosity Member Posts: 16

Would love to see that recorded. Screw those guys. You went above and beyond the call of duty.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141

Uninstalling the game and leaving it uninstalled is the best thing you can do for your mental health. Seriously. I often go on breaks playing it; I haven't played for a couple weeks right now, and I always feel better when I'm not playing than when I am playing. At some point there's always a match or a few matches that are just... well, I'm not turning the game on again until there's an event or something.

With 4v1, the game needs a very specific balance to be fun for both sides, and it doesn't have that. It has perks for both survivors and killers that can punish the other side for playing well, which is a terrible feeling. Games should be fun, and that crap ain't fun. The game isn't rewarding enough that a 4k (as killer) or an escape (as survivor) makes up for a miserable match.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228

The demon strike doesn't count as a basic hit. So you can down them using that.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Fine, not my problem anyway really, I just dont think that single perks should be able to undo massive plays like having 3 people hooked.

• nam

I did't camp, I just walk out from the basement and look around, tell me where should I go? Then I heard footsteps and go back to defense, you know the footsteps on the whitehouse's floor is obvious.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I run into DS all the time. It does not reset the game. It is a "stun," no more and no less. You get stunned by pallets, flashlights, and even the odd firecracker. Those are far less predictable (and unavoidable) than DS. I am not as good as the OP claims to be, and I'm able to deal with DS just fine. Anecdotal as that evidence may be, it is a fact. Some helpful reminders are:

1. DS has a Timer. You can just slug them and wait.
    2. DS can be forced to be used early in the game (I do this all the time).
    3. Just avoid letting them save it for the EGC.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170

If you were really an experienced killer you would know how to avoid BT and DS. Its very easy. Almost every survivor runs these perks. You are either a troll or really..................

• nam

1. I don't have time to wait the DS timer. When I wait 15s for BT and then wait for 45s for DS, all the others survivors are doing the gens. One gen need 80s for one survivor, so if I indulge others doing gens for 60s, I would lose at least 2 gens!
    2. Even I force survivors to use DS in early game, I still can't affort the loss, because I need another chase when others three are doing free gens, just as the above one.So if I took DS, I have to tunnel that one to playback.
  • dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I'm sorry but you seem to be talking about a particular situation. What about the case where Unbreakable is nessacary for a fare game for survivors that didn't make a mistake?