So I have quit dbd for a bit

2»

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Perhaps you have forgotten early on in the thread, this has really dragged out, where you called them amateurs? Opinions vary. And for the record, no I'm not part of the DEV. I'm just saying at this point the goodbye is starting to feel like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH6Df5Ndx2w

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

I called them amatuers because they struggle to fix simple bugs and the game happens to have a new bug every patch. Not once did I mention them taking anything from me.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited October 2020

Not overly?

Due to killer's powers being unlinked from each other and their perks unlike survivor's if Deathslinger causes design space issue with a perk they can literally make it not work with him due to being unlinked.

They have done so with PWYF having different actions being allowed/disallowed on a killer by killer basis for what uses a token or not so its already something they do in the game.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

I might not agree with your viewpoints, but I hope you come back soon. I haven't touched Dbd for about 2 weeks. I've been playing MK11 in my spare time, and its so much more fun. Try it out!

• azame

I heard mk11 has problems of it's own I've been playing rogue company and that's pretty fun.

• azame

Ok but what does that have to do with things having an oppressive ability in the game?

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

Mk11 does have some problems but the good certainly outweighs the bad. Also, what's rouge company? It sounds pretty fun.

• azame

Rogue company is like csgo but 3rd person and each rogue (character) has different abilities,passives, and guns. It has multiple game modes but I prefer demolition because to me its competitive.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

He doesn't have one and if he's oppressive with perk A they don't need to change perk A to stop him being oppressive with it by changing the interaction.

Also if he does get nerfed guess what 2/3 killers your going to be seeing more often: Freddy/Spirit/Pyramid head because the deathslinger players will begin to play them instead making the game more stale.

Your Deathslinger nerf is a monkeys' paw wish. It will NEVER end well.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

How would you change slinger, azame?

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Thanks you're the only person to say that. Didnt even know that you knew I was banned

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Just be warned! The more breaks you take from the game, the more your going not gonna wanna return to the game! I'm currently on my 6th break and I don't even want to open the game to check my rank reset! BHVR could give us a 1 Million bloodpoint promo code and I still wouldn't open the game

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

This is my daily routine

One game as killer, 4k

Another game as killer 4k

Switch to survivor, one dc, two suicide.

And I turned off the game

• IleOddity
    IleOddity Member Posts: 7

I always need another game to play and have fun with so I can swap back and forth. Currently monster hunter world is really easing my stress

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Since 2016 I have taken 2 breaks of 6 and then 9 months. Both times I came back enjoying the game again. Breaks are healthy and highly recommended.

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

Is survivor even fun if you aren't running at the killer every game?

In all seriousness, game definitely has its downs. hmu when u come back and we can swf it up. Maybe you can carry my rank 20 ass.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

i take small breaks of 2 to 5 days. is actually very good and i suggeest you do taht instead of playing every day, because then this happens and you need to take a big break.

• azame

Honestly it might be better that way if ik gonna be honest.

• azame

All platforms except mobile and it has crossplay enabled since foreve.

• azame

I took a 4 day break.and it didnt help still really burnt out. So this is my long break.

• azame

I dont know honestly he gets destroyed against good teams or atleast average teams. That's why I have complained about him much. Only the best of the best of slingers can use that chase potential to make great pressure.

• SonicTitan
    SonicTitan Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2020

--

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited October 2020

REDACTED

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

After four years DBD really needs some new modes. Personally I'm waiting until the MMR is back up and running before tackling killer again. The matchmaking is too unbalanced without it.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Its totally fine to take a break but please don't make Pyramid Head out to be a bad guy he's really a great addition to the DBD roster.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

I absolutely L❤️VE Spooky’s❣️

Had no idea how absolutely Crazy the mansion would get... empathize with you tho, Karamari Hospital almost made me cry, omgz

• exf310n
    exf310n Member Posts: 24

Jesus! If they would just add some new game mode, this game would be so much more fun. We are tired of playing the same old game mode. It's worn out, and adding new characters isn't going to hold everyone's attention much longer.

• azame

It was a personal opinion. It is however an objective fact he gives too many lose/lose situations with no counterplay.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Maybe, but during my games it seems like Pyramid Head is in the lose/lose situation. If I use my ability there's an audio que you hear, the knife being planted then if you use POTD then there's the visual que you have a second to react to it ,which more then offen survivor's hear and see it coming,which I'm baited more than I'd like to give credit for, it at least takes 1 second in a half to be able to attack again with an M1,which really gives survivor's,the distance they want. TBH while dropping the knife people have stayed right in my range seemly confused, during this cool down I couldnt attack either,.The thing about pallet vaults and window vaults 50/50 if you're in a chase with a killer and they gain bloodlust there's a high chance that they'll succeed on the next attack no matter if you vault and basically thats just like looping bloodlust/POTD,so isn't that just about the same ?only POTD has an opportunity to get the hit quicker.I mean you feel how you feel about Pyramid Head. I personally don't really find anything wrong with his abilities,or find them overwhelming I finally played against him and it just feels like the same mechanics just switched up abit imo

I hope they don't change his cage ability because at this point that is his only viable aspect, which they'll probably end up doing anyway and it wouldn't be any point to use caging only to avoid a pallet stun or a flashlight stun .

Common Scenario: survivor gets hooked,gets healed,jumps back on same generator, but the survivor still has decisive active,you grab the survivor and they either run or finish the generator and you lose progression for the killer side regardless. But if I was able to grab this survivor because ,I sent them to a cage, I wouldn't have lost time on the killer's side and have the same opportunity that survivor's have.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

I agree, survivor objectives need a big rework, they just need more to do than bones and gens. It would be so cool if each map had unique objectives that actually required proper exploration, if there were side objectives survivors could complete to get buffs/hinder the killer in interesting ways.

As it is, the survivor experience is either incredibly boring or incredibly unfun when it's just the same loops, and cramming your face into the same gens.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

I've not played the game in 1½ month or so. The game is not really that fun. Waiting for the Halloween event but I suspect it'll be locked being a Rift again which would make me lose any and all motivation I got.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I have also been feeling very bored disinterested I used to play everyday now I like jump on once a week and even that seems like a chore at this point.

I really wish they would add some new machinics or change up the objectives something. Suriviour is hella boring tbh.

I really hope they start looking at changing the game rather than hoping new dlc keeps people entertained for a week or so.

Definitely getting repeative and boring.

I wish you fun and enjoyment in other games tho! 🐷💖

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

It's been that way for survivor for awhile now. SoloQ survivor in particular is in such a bad state that you couldn't knowingly recommend this game for a friend if they were going to start up solo. Unless you warned them they were going to be their face smashed in constantly.

Play killer or play swf, its basically what your left with at this stage.

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136
    edited October 2020

Same here, I just quit the game for a while now since the finish of the last tome. Its just frustrating to play as surv, cause its more rounds tunneling than any fair play which made me quit more rounds out of frustration than finishing regulary. And playing killer was not satisfying enough to keep me playing DbD.

Yesterday I wanted to give it a try and started a killer match. The match went okay until I noted I had a cheating Bill who I couldn't pick up because he crawled faster than I could run. So I canceled the match and yeah, got a five minute DC penalty for that. No, I won't start playing the game for some time from now on.

Sorry, but the game its more frustrating than fun right now.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

The game is kinda bad right now i think i played 5 time in this chapter. For me the game was at is best between the legion dlc and the ash dlc after that we got the MoM meta and for me the game start going downhill.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884

Getting hit after vaulting is one of the biggest frustrations i have when playing survivor. Why do i get a hit when i'm with 2 feet on the ground and 2 metres away from the window? My friend is already getting tired of me raging about it in teamspeek after i got hit again. I guess it's hard to balance because vaults can easily become OP if survivors are non-hittable after entering the animation. But the way it is now just feels very unrewarding and like the killer get's a free hit when i decide to vault something. Don't know if it's just the servers or an programming issue.

Well meta may not have changed for a while but i find that you can play survivor without meta perks pretty good as long as you get a killer who wants to play the game "normally". I'm often running fun builds for chests or stuff like that and still escape. Playing as (and winning as) survivor for me is all about having good and reliable teammates, without that even meta perks won't help you. I can fully understand why everyone is playing SWF because solo can be such a frustrating experience. Btw killer meta is much more stale imho, you can basically decide between Pop Build and Ruin Build and that's it, at least at highest levels.

Anyway, even if we hadn't agreed over the Spirit issue, i hope you're coming back and find your love for dbd again.

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

Just wanted to say, from a console player perspective, some PC players are also brain-dead pallet campers who bring the team down. It isn't a platform problem, bad players exist on all platforms. Spirit has been nerfed, maybe you just didn't pay enough attention? Last thing, stop blaming your shortcomings on the game.

• azame

I will comment on the spirit thing. Spirit was nerfed but it did hardly nothing. She still has no real tells or counterplay and shes still viable at top play which is great.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I just equip pebble and herring when it gets too stale.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Actually I'm thinking about taking a break as well. Playing constantly seems to be worse for me. I think I will wait until the next chapter. I also wanna see what new perks they should come up with so the next time I can do a perk randomizer. That should be fun

In the meantime any other good games you guys might suggest?

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited October 2020

I play like, 5 times a month maybe?

Can't find a good reason to play a lot.

• LoneEmberFTW
    LoneEmberFTW Member Posts: 9

Same kinda situation here man, I'm a killer main and I've just uninstalled, the game. I'm at the point where I'm in high green/low purple rank and 'matchmaking' gives me games where I'm put against survivors who are new to the point that games go by so fast or people in red ranks so skilled that I always assume they're in a swf. I only see the same perk setups every game (or some variation of it) Exhaustion perk/DS/BT/Unbreakable or IW and I can't try out different perk combos/killers I haven't used without loosing my metaphorical [REDACTED] once a play session.

I've just downloaded SMITE for the first time in replacement of DBD. Let's hope I don't have too many issues with it.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    MaybeShesCrazy Member Posts: 337

I make a point of playing killer now once a week - it helps with the toxicity that if often abound. Keeps it fresher. (Though I can't say I've been bored. Frustrated, yes. Bored not yet. lol

Just had a really great game with teammates that I wish I always had. That often brings so much joy that I stick around. Deeply in love with those two!

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Yep, I'm the same at this point. My friends rarely if ever want to play so survivor is almost always off the table, solo q against constant Freddies, Deathslingers and spirits is absolutely miserable without having friends there to talk with. Literally no point to even playing survivor at that point when the one thing you can have fun doing in solo q is meaningless.

And killer is too stale, the fov still isn't adjustable, you either fight babies and stomp them, or 3 decent players with 1 baby and still win without much effort. They really need to do something about this game but it might already be too late.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Same here. I uninstalled tonight. Survivors can realistically make about 3-5 builds doable, but that’s really it. Too many games where if you go down, the entire team collapses. Too many killers who engage in projection with maturity of a 3 year old (enjoy making others angry only to happily receive “post game salt” and then play the victim).

A boring ass ruin/undying/tinkerer meta (which does nothing vs. SWF, f’s solo queue because 1-4 will go totem hunting, and have no idea what areas have been checked). If you play killer and want a 4k, you have to play scummy. If you play fair and let people live intentionally, you’ll still have games where you get tbagged and postgame ######### thrown your way. Then of course There’s the lovely ttv crowd (where some are chill, but a good portion of smaller streams try to make a name for themselves by being toxic).

Throw in our magnificent dedicated servers. Last game I played, hopped in a locker and watched everyone’s pings jump around like crazy (70 -> 154 -> 188 -> 356 -> 233 -> 149...). Jumping like this happened to all of us. Super great. Coupled with broken ######### that stays in the game (hatchet hitboxes - followed by a BS lecture from the devs, while DS has pinpoint hitboxes), Iri head (yet compound 21 gets changed in a few days), etc.

And of course the best part, every update fixing a few things, and breaking a ######### ton more.

/end of rant. Ciao peeps, gl in the next one :)