So I have quit dbd for a bit

azame
azame Member Posts: 2,870

After playing this game for a long time. I think it's time to take my second break. I'm burnt out again. The game is just so stale for survivors currently. I play the game look at the main menu and get off. I get into a game and im instantly bored.

I get bad map rng or it's some killer that I dont enjoy facing. I never see billy anymore. I have seen alot of Pyramid Heads recently and it just is not fun. Still getting hit through windows. I'm glad the devs are working on it but it's taking so long to finally fix bad hits. The meta is stale because there isnt many good survivor perks.

The game is also just so buggy. The devs are so amatuer they can't even consistently have bug fixes nor did they fix the spaghetti code before it got bad.

I ended up deleting dbd ill be back at some point. I might look at the forums from time to time but maybe not.

Comments

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Enjoy your break, I know they can help recharge interest a bit. Maybe DBD will be in a better place if and when you make a return.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

Hope you return soon!

I also hope the game gets fixed.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

taking breaks it's pretty mandatory in this game. I stopped playing after completing the rift around 11 days before it closed; probably gonna start playing with the mid-chapter.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

im kinda heading towards this as well, im gettin real bored playin killer and same for survivor im just losing interest and i find this new meta were in really stupid and boring im just gonna focus more on schoolwork from now on

• azame

I wish it wasnt I genuinely used to enjoy this game I played for years straight. That's changed.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

I play DBD too frequently, and for too extended of sessions.

I don’t really expect too many performance improvements before the end of the year.

If the next Chapter isn’t overly appealing, I could quite possibly take an extended break (that’s like a month or two for me) to begin the new year.

There are other titles to focus on that I’ve been neglecting for almost a year now, just to participate in the DBD atmosphere.

If we could only fast forward into the future to see what Dead by Daylight looks, feels, plays (etc.) like in 2-3, even 5 years... that would be interesting, and quite revealing of who Behaviour is, as a whole.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,305

I've done the same like 3 times since I started playing and it has always let me come back with more excitement. I burn out on games no matter how much I love them if I play them "too much". So it sounds like a good time to take a break.

Personally I've always returned when some sort of new content is released or an event starts, so on top of returning to the game there's something new or at least unusual going on as well. Tends to be a good time to return to any game a player takes a break from.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

There's a really cool game coming out soon called, Ghostrunner. It's super fast paced, and there is a demo you can play on Steam! Maybe its something that you like?

• azame

I'm playing rogue company with my brother so it's fine thanks for the recommendation though.

• azame

I remember watching a let's play of that game years ago it looked cool.

• azame

I took like a 6 months to a year break and returned last year. It felt good I learned all the new killers and mechanics and made new friends. This time it might be permanent the game is too bad for me.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Spooky’s is Suuperr cute!!!👻❣️

It’s a really fun play through, and if you have VR capability it’s one of the smoothest, non-nauseating, comfy experiences there is!

Hope you give it a play!

Definitely a welcome break from DBD...

it’s my go-to when matches are uber-stale.

Quick, easy and I’m feeling better in no time at all☺️

• azame

It's a horror game I dont think vr would help me especially when I'm scared of horror games. I'd play it normally though.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

I typically don't touch DBD until something new comes along.

• NaturalHurdle70
    NaturalHurdle70 Member Posts: 41

Well I just say if your a adult fan who

like horror . This game is far fro. Bored or boring. It’s completely opposite. I complain when getting camped and complaining whe I’m getting tunneled as well as laughing, but it’s only as interesting as you make it. This game is as far as I know got way better- the better games that your able to play get updates and fixes . They have gotten better with listening. Compared to 2 years ago. It a A instead of a D. No whining kids.

• azame
    edited October 2020

Yeah survivors can be straight ass holes. I dont want to play killer I have my p3 oni that's all I need atleast for now. I was grinding p3 50s but I cant even play without wanting to leave. thanks good luck to you as well.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Take care of yourself

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Same I've been burnt since then and maybe a bit before. MMR ruined my rank and in my experience I have a few good games then trash teammates mostly and dude it makes me feel like a bad survivor I play solo anf mix builds every now an then but I wont lie. Watching everyone talk about being rank 1 and see streamers escape it makes me feel not good enough even when I play solo and usually play better than the teammates I get. Not always though, and killer is frustrating with swf even when I can win it just gets boring too playing the stronger killers. The bugs and the window hits and just omg its no fun dying all the time due to the fact I like getting chased or playing against swf to the point I feel stressed. As a survivor it doesnt stress me out it makes me happy or mad and I prefer that over stress and anxiety. Idk sorry for talking you ear off

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I can relate to this very much... feels like 90% of the time I launch DBD I end up on the main menu for a few mins and just quit again. I can think of playing DBD for ages but when I actually launch it I just think of all the bad matchups I personally dislike facing and having to deal with.

Feels like 90% of games nowadays are playing with rank 20 teammates which are classed 'high ranked'. I swear it wasn't always like this. Yes, the ranking system has never been perfect. But I have never ever played with so many consistently boosted players that should never ever be at red ranks.

We'll get back to it eventually.

• Komodo16

IKR I hate having to play stealthy because it gets me killed to ENJOY chases

• Komodo16

HAHA scared of horror games I should have known after I sent that clip from hellblade

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    edited October 2020

I play the game look at the main menu and get off. I get into a game and im instantly bored.

While we may have disagreements on teabagging, I relate to this so much.

The last time I properly binged this game was in July, July. I have played a couple of games with friends every now and then since but I just don't enjoy it like I used too. I play one game and decide that I can't be bothered anymore, even during tome 4 I just couldn't be bothered with the level 2 challenges (and I always strived to finish the tomes). This isn't about the tome entirely though, it's about the game in general.

I'm on a sort of hiatus from playing it right now, I do have intentions to play it sometimes but I never do, simply because I can't be arsed. I do agree, this game used to be so fun and addicting but now I don't enjoy it anymore.

Edit: Had I not spent any money on this game, I probably would've uninstalled it by now.

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

I’m basically gonna play it until Watch dogs comes out, then i’ll see how good that is. So this may be the last month of me playing regularly. :(

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I only play the game maybe once/twice a week currently (one of these is when I'm drinking). I haven't felt like playing killer in a while.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Yea because the people are offering survivor nerfs as a form of meta change which is utter bullshit , if someone offered killer perk nerfs as a form of meta change they would be told to go ######### themselves by everyone on these forums, I've got 9000 hours in this game and probably more hours in killer than survivor to be truthful because I'm old school and didn't do the whole discord thing for voice chat until like 2 years into the game and even I'll say the meta is stale and survivors need new perks that are just as good as the meta now so that way people have a reason to switch up, me personally I'll play with no perks it doesn't bother me but that doesn't make the game fun for other people and you need other people to play the game

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Try killer for a little bit, you're probably bored of survivor right now.

Also, if you want to learn some stuff, try playing blight, he's a ton of fun.

Regardless, hope this break does you well man :D

• azame

The meta changes offered by survivors are nerfs instead of changes thatsbwhy they are usually against it. I was gonna bring up this point in my original post but I will say it now.

Playing survivor really sucks because at some point whatever you have is gonna get nerfed. It's been happening since 2016 and it started getting worse when clown came out in for nerfs.

• azame

I play killer but can only play s ok much I prefer survivor. So I'm just quitting. It's too bad for me right now. Thanks though i appreciate it.

• MusicNerd_TC

Good luck azame san, we will greet you when you are back, the entity always finds its victims again.

• MusicNerd_TC

Yeah, I don't know how anyone enjoys stealth, I love the thrill of getting chased.

Also, welcome back to the forums Komodo :D.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

I am so glad when someone leaves they tell us. How would we continue with our day if we weren't notified when someone stops playing.

• azame

I mean I have made friends on these forums. Hate if you want.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

If you need a break, take a break. If you are really here to just vent on what you don't like about the game, just say that is what this thread is about. I'm not trying to be mean here, but this thread is starting to just feel like every other "I'm upset about what you took from me" thread on this Forum. My own rule is if I stop having fun, I move on. I respect that. When I do it though, I simply exit stage left. We all get burnout. I too, will eventually play DbD less (or not at all). But when I do it will because "I" am no longer happy and thus "I" am the problem and thus "I" am taking the appropriate steps.

For what it is worth Azame, I hope you are back one day and we get to play alongside each other in the trenches or with one of us hunting the other down. Good luck, have fun, in whatever matches and games you find until we see you again. Jaa mata.

• azame

I never once mentioned anything the devs took in this post I simply said the problems I have that made me quit.

But take it as you wish.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Given the history of the game survivors receiving nerfs makes sense since they have always been stronger then most killers for most of the game's existance.

Also Survivor perks being so strong hamstrings the rest of the possible perk buffs the developers can do because they'd have to consider if it would be too overpowered because of DS/Unbreakable.

Also I know nerfing DS won't magically make everything good but I feel like its nerf will let the game move on as DS is both oppressive in gameplay as it is in design space it takes up.

• azame

I'm not saying none of the stuff will be nerfed but I am saying nobody bought the game to play a side that gets a nerf damn near every patch. Also we could sue that same oppressive logic with slinger.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

+1