Although I got four kills as killer, it's still my worst game experience ever!

13»

Comments

• Scrublo
    Scrublo Member Posts: 45

It's funny how killer sided this forum is. All the posts are killers crying, it's because 99% of survivors have friends to play with and take it as a casual experience but you get tryhard killers with no friends to play with or against that play like an ######### camping the basement and don't expect the most common perks in the game and hence obviously have terrible game sense where they will act like just because they sat at the top of basement stairs after booking a survivor from a particularly altruistic group of survivors, likely trying to play a chill match with their friends and then wail when the game punishes them for camping the hooks. Ok buddy, you can have your self validation from this echo chamber of killers as 99% of survivors don't visit these places as they take it way more casually but you guys are the main problem with the game, not the perks

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

That is a major step for DBD in the right direction. I can only support that. Finally we have them again here, like in every other multiplayer game.

• KingMyers
    KingMyers Member Posts: 57

Thank you for uninstalling, it's the right thing to do if you can prove that a killer can still win against "op" perks but wanna cry about it all because you wanted easy kills rip. I can only imagine how this match went down if you're gonna get triggered over borrowed time. Did your "skill" of camping come in handy? Sounds like they got to do 2 additional gens because of it. O well bad killers gonna cry all the time anyways

• KingMyers
    KingMyers Member Posts: 57

That.....that's not how that works, if that's the case the idiots who hide along the map and don't do gens but still get iri medals is playing the game almost optimally, the medal system is pretty much there to make you feel better

• Draven_Gamin
    Draven_Gamin Member Posts: 2

As a killer man I am extremely disappointed to be associated with people like you, whiny babies who do nothing but complain. The fact that the survivors had "op perks" doesn't matter. As you can make the same argument with a lot of perks for killers. I could go on the tangent and list off a bunch of perks but I'm not going to, I have over 2000 hours on killer alone. and I can tell you that those perks are not overpowered, a LITTLE annoying yes. Overpowered? no.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

You do not even understand the point that he made, maybe try that and responding to it instead of spouting useless insults.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited October 2020

I'm not the guy you responded to but I want to respond.

1. I do understand the OP's point; it has no validity.
    2. The OP is not telling the truth about a lot of things.
    3. This is just another waste of time thread where people blame their own problems on others or the game.

So let me repeat, I understood the OP's BS point, and I suspect so does everyone else. The fact that we do not agree with it, or call him out on obvious deceptions, doesn't indicate a lack of understanding.

• Jollykins
    Jollykins Member Posts: 43

BT and DS for survivors being "OP", but I'll tell you just how devastating NOED and Blood Warden are. Or Tinkerer and Discordance making gen progression practically impossible. I play a ton of survivor and those perk combinations can utterly destroy survivors. It's a two way street. Tinkerer on Billy gives me ptsd..

• Endstille

This is the logic you applied here, basicly saying shut up since you won. Which is exactly what he wasn't frustrated about.

The key thing is that the survivors made lots of mistakes in order to get 3 people hooked simulatenously in the basement which the managed to reset, with the aid of 2 super balanced perks.

I still wait for you to put any valid point into the discussion since all I read is that you infact are not a r1 killer, never made it there and believe the graphic to be edited. Why is that dude? It really just adds to the confusion about you at that point since getting r1 killer isn't really that hard anymore. When people say killer got easier they are right but that doesn't change the fact that these perks are stupid on the effect they do have on gameplay. You do not have any trouble with the perks, yet somehow you do not get enough points to rank up i am really confused about it.

• Endstille

Discordance can be one of the most frustrating perks to carry on a killer, ever played something like clown on mothers dwelling? Enjoy the highlighted gen without making it there in time.

Yeah thanks for answering no questions asked or why you think that he is lying. Imma head out.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

A few of the other people on here. Not you bro/brodette

• Draven_Gamin
    Draven_Gamin Member Posts: 2

my point exactly, both sides of the spectrum have powerful perks. You just have to learn to deal with them.

• Endstille

What killer do you play? In order to not rank up, you need to come short on something.

• csebal
    csebal Member Posts: 31

I simply cannot accept this line of argument the OP is proposing.

There is one crucial difference in this game between survivor and killer. As a survivor, you slog through the match, you hope to do objectives and escape, but you might run into a good killer and be done for by the 3 minute mark. As a survivor, your chance of actually having a success experience is not too high.. unless very experienced players go against a very weak killer, the game is stacked so that at least a few of the survivors are going to go down.

As a killer on the other hand, your only goal is to kill the survivors. All of them obviously, but your result is not as binary as for the survivors.. for a survivor, escape = success, but there is a good chance they will not achieve that. For a killer, killing = success and they will have at least some success in every game.

Complaining about a perfect game, just because the survivors also did an almost perfect game is frankly insulting and a slap in their face. You use perk/skill combinations to your advantage yet get upset that they do the same.. why?

I am the proverbial baby killer you talk of and I regularly run into teams that run literal circles around me (and gloat about it at the end - bravo btw), yet I never feel bad about my games, as I have my moments of success even in those and hooking/saccing a few of those smug dudes is just all that more satisfying. Let me turn this around: How do you think a survivor, let alone a baby survivor feels when you use OP perk/addon combos to demolish them without having any real chance, even with their best counters?

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Sounds like plenty of killer's and their perks to me. NOED to start.

• Withered8

If you NEED ruin and undying to win then that's a you problem. I play huntress with no gen slowdown whatsoever, just perks like bbq and iron maiden and i have no trouble winning majority of games. I also have a blast going for coolshots with her, regardless of the gamer result.

• Withered8

You know how to have a more enjoyable experience than that? Go for someone else.

• Withered8

How could the survivors have possibly outplayed the killer in that scenario though?

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited October 2020

Would love to, but for some reason, survivors with DS/BT never seem to want to leave me alone...

And considering how long DS lasts for, I can chase 2 people, bonk a gen, go AFK for a bathroom break, come back, see you teabagging me, down you, pick you up and STILL eat it.

• Withered8

Leave them on the floor if you think they have ds, wastes plenty of time even if they have unberakable.

If you're running into ds after hooking multiple other people, then clearly you were in a good enough position that game to be eating a ds with no problem.

• UMCorian
    edited October 2020

What about being on 1 gen, having only hooked 4 (one guy twice) leads you to believe I'm in a good enough position to eat a DS?

BTW: I'm not running meta perks because Survivors don't like those, so no Gen Regression. We're about 5 minutes into the match, 4 gens down, yall working on the last one because this game is fine.

• Withered8
    edited October 2020

I can't judge unless i know ur killer and the map and the circumstances.

But from what it seems, if you were vsing good survivors, then it makes sense that it would be alot harder to win ESPECIALLY without gen regressions. You know the universal pop, discordance, bbq and corrupt build? That is more than enough to give you the ability to win against almost any team. Can you imagine if you could consistently beat very good teams with bad builds and killers? What it would mean for every other part of the game?

People choose to focus on changing game balance, rather than rewatching their gameplay and looking for ways they could improve. You would be suprised the effects it has on ur ability to win games.

Also 4 hooks in 5 minutes isn't exactly an ideal hook to time ratio.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • UMCorian
    edited October 2020

You said, "if you've hooked multiple people, you're in a fine position to hit a DS"... I just pointed out one instance where I have and I'm not in a good position to eat a DS, and you're kinda like: "Well play better (4 hooks in 5 minutes isn't ideal, but it's not like that's bad... hell I can go 2 minutes without even finding someone if I'm unlucky) and run meta perks."

Not entirely helpful.

The bottom line is, this meta isn't fun. Survivors only run second chance perks because why wouldn't they - they make a killer need to basically win the game twice in order to win. Meanwhile, Killers have no choice but to run gen regression perks and pray... otherwise, they have little to no chance of winning.

• Withered8

Actually survivors running second chance perks like this is more of a protection and measure for when killers start playing scummy themselves. Can you imagine the game without bt and face camping killers? Or tunneling killers without Ds? It would just encourage people to play that way. Yes sometimes they might hurt you out of those situations as killer but at the end of the day it’s a small price to pay for balance against scummy killers.

And if you don’t play scummy and know how to avoid these perks then hardly ever will you run into them. I feel like it’s only fair that killers have to play around a couple of survivor perks when survivors have to play around so many killer perks.