Does anyone play Billy anymore ?

I noticed with the new archive that a new skin for Billy is coming out. But after his rework it seems that no one really touches him anymore. Its rare I ever encounter a Billy as survivor and its a shame. What you all think, you all still play Billy at all ?

Comments

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I've run into some billys in matches. I don't like them for the same reason I don't like Leather face. the one hit down chainsaw. the only big difference between the two is perk builds. flip them around and they play like each other,

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

Normally I don't play him that much but currently I'm trying to get him to Prestige 3.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited October 2020

Probably more to do with that annoying af scream of his. I never played him as I found it too easy to get downs without even having to learn the skillful plays for him and I always found him too clunky/sensitive.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I still play him, he now offers a decent level of challenge compared to older billy

I highly recommend LoPro chains, they are a blast to play with.

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

I still play him, he's not that different and the roars or other animation changes aren't really that major or annoying.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited October 2020

I play him plenty, but I hate the roaring it sounds so bad, and he does it every time you finish revving up the chainsaw!

And his animations are still weird from before the Billy nerf.

His addons need to be changed as well, handful of them are complete garbage no takes. And honestly, they should get rid of Tuned Carburettor, it's a complete joke.

LoPro Chains are probably the more fun addon that they added, but honestly the Ultra Rares are also a complete joke, but at least somewhat useful compared to Tuned Carburettor.

It's funny though, survivors still get mad when I chainsaw them in the back. Oh well, just dodge it :P

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,075

Since a few days I get at least two Billys per day.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

I don’t see billy too often anymore. It’s Huntress, Spirit, Nurse, Freddy....with some Trappers, Doctors, occasional wraith and blight

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I played him yesterday for a 2 hours. Can be still pretty strong.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

I never play him.

I see a Billy here an there, about 3-5 Billy’s in every 40 matches or so.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I think people don't like the roar, bad add-ons, and overheat limiting what you can do with the saw. Him being in the Tome is probably because of his rework being so recent and to increase his playrate.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Cool i always enjoy billy compilations of sick flicks against good survivors, share some of yours will you?

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

I have never liked Billy, and the nerf just added more fuel to the fire.

But recently i've played Bubba a lot, i'll always prefer him over Billy.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,767

Haven't seen him in like two weeks on Xbox

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Literally haven't seen billy from the MMR. It was a rank 20 matchmaking victim.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I rarely see a Billy these days.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

If you're asking for people to have any clips of flicking as new Billy then uh....yeah no you're out of luck. That playstyle with double engravings is dead.

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651

I actually have just recently found a liking playing him after the rework. It had nothing to do with the rework though, just a coincidence of time that I came around to try him more and master him. He is quite fun to play. He's all over the map. Just like freddy, he can create some serious gen pressure.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I used to play him regularly just like everyone else, but the only problem I have is his movement now. It is really wonky with the chainsaw and there was literally no reason for it to change. I plan on relearning the movement for the chainsaw again, but it is quite difficult and frustrating sometimes. He is pretty fun to play and he has been messed with a little too much. Just reverting the movement back to how it used to be will be enough, for me at least. I also miss going against billy players.

• Endstille

I was just mocking him, since he talked about billy now offering a challenge, when billy always offered that when using a skilled playstyle. The irony being him having a picture of pyramid head, which really offers a big challenge with the animation lock hit. Just wanted to see whether he has anything to offer in that regard but that is mostly the case with the people that talk about it, they just talk.

On the bright side, double engravings are still around but I think just for the best billies out there.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Ah right sorry, didn't see the irony right away. And true double engravings are for the best Billy players now but they're not playing Billy anymore. Not even battleguy plays Billy anymore he's been playing Nurse. But I could be wrong, he might still be playing Billy rarely every now and then, haven't checked into his stream in a while. His sens on nurse without shadowborn hurts my eyes lmao

• Endstille

Yeah I don't know if the people from billynation are still around and do play him, might be worth checking them out. I found one billy main by chance a couple days ago "maveros" actually a competitive survivor but when he plays killer it usually is billy but only with i think yellow engraving + pig gloves, still entertaining and nice curves but thats about it. You can find him on twitch.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

When I first started out I played lots of Billy and I got to rank 1 within my first month of playing. I really liked the character, but of course I was boosted as hell and pretty much carried by the addons.

I still played him quite a bunch up until a bit over a year ago. Recently I tried to give it a go again, and it was miserable.

With all the good addons gone, he may very well be a contender for hardest Killer to play now imo. It feels like every move you make has to be 100% on point or the mistake will be too costy to be able to recover from them. I´m also not sure if the flick has been changed, back then I was quite decent at it, or if I just have to practice way more to get a hang of it again. And that´s another thing: It feels like he requires tremendous amount of daily practice to be effective now, so you either be a Hillbilly main or won´t be able to play him effectively at all.

As someone who enjoyed him casually, this feels like something I no longer can do, so I just don´t bother anymore. I guess many players who occasionally enjoyed him before share this feeling. Doesn´t help that the chainsaw makes the ears bleed, too.

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231

I have not played him before the nerf and i have no idea why anyone would actually bother to pick him up. I have seen some good Billy players in my time and funny enough i just tryed to play him again, but his "power" is more then underwhelming, clunky and very easy to dodge. Why the hell does he run into pallets?? I had his power going running towards a dropped pallet, but instead of slashing it like with bubba he just ran into it ... lol

I have tryed him a few times and it's always a disaster. No thanks, i stick with litterally EVERY other killer. Even baby nurse is better and more fun to play.

• Endstille

@ALostPuppy

Look what i found.

@HEX_MalusGrey

Basicly that is what skilled billies strife for.

• Rex3
    Rex3 Member Posts: 87

I've seen 1 in two months and I've played him twice for a daily ritual. I only have about 100ish hours most of that as killer. I don't like billy. Everytime I would go to charge with the saw he would fly sideways into trees or whatever.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

I am on ps4 with crossplay off, I see him about the same as I did before the rework. Usually atleast once during a play session, sometimes a handful of times because of players trying to get killer daily done.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Yes, shame he’s not more popular.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

He still plays Billy sometimes, just not as much.

Mostly nurse and survivor.

• Bubbas_Chainsaw
    Bubbas_Chainsaw Member Posts: 3

in that case, ur not gonna like demo or oni either 😂

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

And least demo is a cutie and oni doesn't sound like a broken radio.

The humongous weirdness of new billy turns me tremendously off.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

I play him every so often, after all, I play ever killer (but mostly just Nurse, Blight & Legion). When I play him I use Spiked + Dad's Boots, or Tuned Carburetor for a faster saw. Lopro Chains are also really fun to use. Overall, Hillbilly is still pretty fun for me, but I completely understand why a lot of players have moved on to other killers.

• Chilidawg
    Chilidawg Member Posts: 58

I mained him for a long time and absolutely loved playing him. He was fun to play and imo was very strong in the right hands but not OP (Decent survivors still loop billies). There is a clear distinction between billies and m1llies and he takes a good amount of skill to play effectively (Curving, Moonwalking with chainsaw 99% and turning last moment to mindgame survivor, etc) which you can still do and which was fun learning to try to master and i really enjoyed him, but since his nerf i cannot stand him whatsoever. Janky camera angles after chainsaw sprint (bug?), loud roar which gives up crucial info to good survivors that you are actually chainsawing and not baiting, Super obvious smoke coming from the chainsaw which you can see over loops way easier, annoying asf chainsaw noises, and absolutely gutted addons make him 0 fun to play for me and i have completely quit playing him. I seriously don't know why they hit him this hard.. all they had to do was nerf instasaw addon billy which was like 99% of the complaints with him, not all this other BS they did with him.

Oh well, Blight main now who i find to be the most fun killer in the game nowadays by far, but when i get bored of him i'll probably quit the game.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

I used to main him but after the nerf I kept seeing people say “hilbilly mains are just gonna main spirit or freddy” and cuz im on switch i cant play freddy so I just became a spirit main

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Almost no billies anymore 😞

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I used to play him because vroom vroom go fast, never really got downs with him bur id screw around and have fun. Now its like they cut off one of his feets.

• Weeezy
    Weeezy Member Posts: 25

Billy by no means is a weak killer now. The issue is his how clunky and unsatisfying he is to play now.

Before you say anything, I'm not saying instasaw and crack billy should've stayed in the game. They were overpowered and unfun to go against.

Billy's addons were fun before but now instead of only number changing addons, they added weird effects that are, for the most part, pretty much useless. Only like 2-3 of his addons (Primer bulb, debatably Thompson's Mix, and especially Tuning Guide) needed to be nerfed/change. His only fun addons now are literally just engravings, but they are pretty much unusable now that overheat exists. Using engravings requires 99ing your saw constantly to get your curve just right, but doing that produces so much heat that forces you to m1.

By introducing the overheat, Billy has been made less fun to play as and even less fun to play against when BHVR's intent was to please those entitled survivors that complain about everything. Since Billy has the overheating mechanic, when you overheat or get close to overheating, you're going to have to resort to your m1 attack. Now, survivors are going to complain about the Billy m1ing them when they have a power that had incredible counterplay that was fun to outplay.

His new animations that were brought into the game in April 2020 are complete trash and super clunky. The chainsaw cooldown animation for missing or even hitting a survivor feel very off and makes you look at the floor, losing sight of a survivor you could be chasing. His revving animation, his chainsaw sprinting animation, and the limping also were changed for some odd reason and it just looks weird from a survivor's perspective. Also, his POV is screwed up.

All of these factors contribute to people not wanting to play Billy. Please devs, bring back everyone's favorite chainsaw brother. #JUSTICEFORBILLY

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

personally i dont.

i wasnt the biggest billy player before anyway, but at this point i really just stopped playing him.

the limits on his chainsaw kinda sucked out the fun...

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I still play him quite a bit, and still have just as much success as before his update. He hardly feels any different to me, honestly

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

I quit playing him. He was very difficult for me before nerfs and now, when he was brought down, I just don't feel like it's worth it spend my time on billy.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I got bored of him a long time ago. Decent killer and theres a surprising amount to learn with certain map layouts for optimal mobility but hes just kinda basic. Also I thought if I heard that chainsaw anymore in my ear I'd go insane. He also feels really awkward and janky since they changed his animations. His movement feels stiff and awkward.