Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Spring 2018 "Guess The Killer's Name" Competition!

Science_Guy
Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,003

I know the forum isn't even a day old, but I can't believe we don't have a thread like this yet! We're four days away from the PTB which means we're very close to finding out the new killer! And what's a new killer without a new name?

The rules are simple: Guess the new killer's "The" name before they're officially announced and win bragging rights until the next season. Feel free to choose the same guess as someone else or pick multiple names, but just don't go through half the dictionary.

A quick reminder of our clues so far:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SmlwCb8rP8Y

I'll start:
The Poisoner!
The Alchemist!
The Trickster!

Guess away!

Comments

• DrDannieburger
    DrDannieburger Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2018

Well the image there is The Ringmaster. That's been confirmed by the devs subtly. Although they did say that the Ringmaster wouldnt be out next killer. That will probably be 2 killers away.
    Otherwise The Alchemist is probably good considering the trailer released yesterday

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250

Definitely would be cool with a Witch Doctor =)

• ManWitThePlan
    ManWitThePlan Member Posts: 1

@DrDannieburger Someone doesn't watch the streams

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    Wait so is this image not the upcoming killer and in fact a ringmaster killer in the future or it is the killer coming and ringmaster was confirmed for a different killer?

I only recall them saying there isn't a ringmaster.
  • WebMonkey
    WebMonkey Member Posts: 28
      I'm going with "The Magician". 
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

The Alcoholic

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338

So this poster is for "the ringmaster" but he is not the next killer ? Or is it for the next killer but his name is not the ringmaster :dizzy:

• iOrangeStain
    iOrangeStain Member Posts: 81

The Bottle Boi

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

@SoulKey said:
    So this poster is for "the ringmaster" but he is not the next killer ? Or is it for the next killer but his name is not the ringmaster :dizzy:

To clear up any confusion, this poster is for the upcoming chapter and it is not the ringmaster. Not sure where the confirmation of that image being the ringmaster is coming from, I don't recall anything about that.

• Setsune
    Setsune Member Posts: 71

Oh i love "The Trickster!"
    Just crossing my fingers for a creepy clown xD

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

I say a Jiangshi(Chinese hopping vampire) the symbol or pendant there is very Eastern mythology.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

The Toxin
    The Plague
    The Creepy Guy That Sat Next To You In Chemistry

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

@DrDannieburger said:
    Well the image there is The Ringmaster. That's been confirmed by the devs subtly. Although they did say that the Ringmaster wouldnt be out next killer. That will probably be 2 killers away.
    Otherwise The Alchemist is probably good considering the trailer released yesterday

The image can't be the Ringmaster. Because the image shows the new Killer.. Like you and the devs already said, the name is not the Ringmaster.

• sorrowen
    edited May 2018
    I’m pretty sure it’s a Jiangshi which is kind of a vampire yet has a lot in common with zombies. They are poisonous and love ripping limbs off their victims. Also looking at the picture the skin is discolored and looks like it’s decaying. Looking closer at the clothing there looks to be a inscription in the gold highlights. Don’t know what it says though 
  • Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    I think the issue is we're getting cross info. The card and their words on it seem to be a power based on severed fingers, but the teaser hints to a killer tossing a jar of gas or mist or such.

In either case I'm wondering if it'll be more like a jiangshi type killer.
  • sorrowen
    I think it’s a jiangshi but I wonder how they would implement its power?
  • alchemy1002
    alchemy1002 Member Posts: 2

The Carnival Barker.

• DarthPancake
    DarthPancake Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2018

It isnt a carnvial anything,it is a Jiangshi! That is the chinese rising sun behind it! So Jiangshi!

• sorrowen

It isnt a carnvial anything,it is a Jiangshi! That is the chinese rising sun behind it! So Jiangshi!

In the lore a Jiangshi is deadly poisonous so there is that also.
  • Totohli
    Totohli Member Posts: 41

The Smog

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I'll guess...

"The Vanisher"

Or "Vanishing"

• lionsou
    lionsou Member Posts: 61

don't Jiangshi's have no knees

• ToxicTapp
    ToxicTapp Member Posts: 63

The Dealer

• sorrowen
    lionsou said:

don't Jiangshi's have no knees

They are a reanimated vampiric corpse so they are very stiff so they hop. They are very poisonous in the lore so it could be the entity gives it a way to spread its toxins?🤔 
  • DJDSDSTORT
    DJDSDSTORT Member Posts: 6
    The Collector/ Taker. With the fingers and whatnot.