The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hook timers

The whole hook progression needs to be half the time for someone do a gen solo. Having to hang 4 people 3 times each the majority of the time is not fair to game timing. The survivors should not have time to finish the gen they are on before thinking about saving someone on a hook.

Comments

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Yeah there is no pressure to save someone because the timer is so long. Just the amount of time someone is on the hook to die puts the killer at a huge disadvantage. By the time one person gets caught and hooked the survivors can pretty much guarantee 3 gens done if they get on the gens at the start and people can hit ruin skill checks if they have ruin. And even if they take a few extra seconds to get on the gens it takes 80 seconds to do a gen and 60 seconds to go into the next hook stage. So if the survivor starts getting chased and everyone gets on a gen they only have to run them around for 20 seconds for the others to do gens and get over and save them before next phase. Now this is assuming you can teleport. But when the killer chases someone that was working on a gen you still get 2 gens done with no hooked consequence. Then you repeat the process and walla all gens done and only 3-4 hooks out of the 12 needed 
  • Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187

camp more

• Ghost_Potato
    Ghost_Potato Member Posts: 59

2nd hooking should be the sacrifice since I could of moried them if I have one. just saying

• DisturbedZ
    DisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

@Ghost_Potato said:
    The whole hook progression needs to be half the time for someone do a gen solo. Having to hang 4 people 3 times each the majority of the time is not fair to game timing. The survivors should not have time to finish the gen they are on before thinking about saving someone on a hook.

You only hook them 3 times if it is a fast unhooking otherwise most of the time it is 2 hooks to kill. If they are unhooking that fast you should be able to turn around and give chase unless your using billy and shot across the map. I try to 3 hook as much as possible for the points. It kinda upsets me when I only get two and If I get a single hook kill with other survivors on the match I hunt them down and usually show no mercy at that point for costing me extra points. I have only had a handful of well oiled teams gen rush me. Try using some totem perks to slow down gen progress or Thanatophobia

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

We used to have shorter hook timers so survivors actually were pressured when somebody got hooked. You can prolly quess why it got changed.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

@Laakeri said:
    We used to have shorter hook timers so survivors actually were pressured when somebody got hooked. You can prolly quess why it got changed.

Because gen times were made longer, and because the hook times weren't originally changed, camping was more effective (due to a change in the gen time to survivor hook time ratio). There's no need to guess; this is the actual reason.