The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Bannable word

Is the word "re**rd" bannable? This one survivor in post match chat was being very toxic to his teamates, and after saying "i dont care" a million times, I told him "you clearly do care, r**ard" and he said he was reporting me.

I know I shouldnt of said it but this guy was being a complete ass to his low ranked teamates, and I REALLY dont want to get banned before the event.

Comments

• BToTheA
    BToTheA Member Posts: 18

He kept saying "i dont care", despite him still being in the chat and kept on trash talking, hence why I called him the R word. Please god I dont want to be banned for the halloween event that would suck so bad.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341

I have no problem with it, but it seems like you heavily regret saying that. I doubt you will get banned, there is a possibility but a very small one.

Just remember to try to have fun while playing games and don't let toxic people get to you.

• BToTheA
    BToTheA Member Posts: 18

I regretted it the second I said it, as I know its a very hateful word. I just didnt appreciate how mean he was being to the other survivors, and I stooped to his level unfortunately. Thank you for the reply.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

That word’s definition when used as a verb:

“to delay or hold back in terms of progress, development or accomplishment”

Though, when used as a noun as you have towards that player, it means:

“a person who has a mental disability (often used as a general term of abuse)”

It can be taken offensively by people, and is best not ever used as a derogatory slur against anyone.

You have expressed remorse, that is good.

It’s best to be positive and refrain from using coarse language or negative words toward others. This way you can always know that you are avoiding even the circumstance of being banned or being caught up in any offenses coming from your side.

What you may not consider offensive or abusive could make others feel even worse.

You will come across people who are upset and possibly behaving unreasonably or erratically. Just try and be positive with them.

Not sure if it’s bannable, but at least now you know not to even cross that line next time.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Yeah, you probably won’t receive a ban.

Just try and be positive next time and move on.l to the next match.

• undoredo
    undoredo Member Posts: 92

Ban? From the game? Prob not. At most a chat mute.

Some people consider it to be a slur, in the same vain as that one specific word that starts with f and has two g's in it.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

In a lot of games I've found you don't know what the bad words are until you say it and someone freaks out.

However, the practice of shouting every bad word imaginable as soon as you get into a voice lobby seems to be considered to be in bad taste.

A clever workaround I've found is figuring out what the bad word is in another language and using that instead as a substitute. They're clueless and you're satisfied.

• NivlacACE
    NivlacACE Member Posts: 78

You probably won’t run into any action whatsoever, worst case you get some form of warning either just a message or maybe temp mute, at absolute most maybe possibly a temp ban.

• KasumiFox
    KasumiFox Member Posts: 117

As a killer, I've gotten frustrated and said some not cool things. I've had some not cool things said to me. It's good that you realized what you said wasn't okay. Honestly, and I've shocked toxic people with this, apologize in a really mature way. They might try to insult you after, but we know who really got the last laugh.

• KasumiFox
    KasumiFox Member Posts: 117

Or, make up some silly bad words. Then everyone is laughing. Sometimes I'll say fudge monkys or son of a cow. It makes no sense, but you technically aren't saying bad words.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Listen here you little bad word...