Massive Feedback Report(for 20months) from korean community

Options

First, the following article are written in DBD's gaming experience over about 20 months. Since I am playing DBD in Korea and with PC, many game experiences can be reflected in the characteristics of this Korean Local Server.

I want to give my own feedback on various game changes and share with players here on the official forum. The following contents were also greatly influenced by the Korean local DBD community. Although Korea's own community falls short of Reddit or DBD forums, hundreds of Discusses come and go a day, exchanging many opinions. Although my opinion does not represent all of these opinions, many of my Discusses have been influenced by the community and have been discussed in that community. The following are feedbacks on the game when many of the contents recognize DBD as PVP and are reflected in this point of view.

Someone might say, "Stop whining, and git gud " but I just want to give you deep feedback on the game, thinking and experiencing it very deeply.

In Korea, as I said, because there is a local community, there was very little chance for us to exchange opinions with the forum and Devs. So, our view of NA public opinion, especially forums and reddit, is really bad. That means we were dissatisfied with the patch direction of the BHVR. We don't think our opinions are reflected, and we don't think there's even a chance for us but only North American public opinions have been mainstream and multinational opinions haven't reflected.  It's not that we've never tried, but many of other opinions that went the same with us at the forum have been ignored, and we're deeply frustrated. Recently, however, I have seen many active exchanges of opinions about DS and found that there are many players who have similar opinions with us, and I get hope from that. I have translated many of the opinions exchanged in the community, but not all of them are our mainstream opinions. There are some parts that reflect my point of view. Our community is not that big. But… but I’m here now though this article is not fluent in English.

DBD's rank system is pretty messed up, but personally, I think the qualification for discussing the basic top-tier PVP game structure is the survivor, the killer must be 1 rank. So I attached my leaderboard below. I played for about 1200 hours, but there are still many people who play better than me outside the forum. 

WANTED to attach, but….. I feel really sorry for this, but I got so busy after Korean Prevention level of COVID-19 went down in level 1, so there was no time to make it playing games, I couldn’t make rank 1 at the time. I feel sorry about this, and hope you guys generously understand.

{

We are quite proud of Korean DBD plays. Korea may not be the best country to playing DBD, but I think the average game ability is high, and I'm proud that many Koreans are at the top of Leaderboard's BP rank. But there's a backfire players of korean used to be toxic. Oh, how do I prove average gaming skills are high? Well, this can't be statistically proven.

But thankfully, TTV Monto explained it well. Maybe it was the end of 2019 or early 2020, Monto once mentioned that “Asian servers have a lot of main survivors, and that survivors are aggressive and specialized in generator rush. The smaller the population, the higher the level of insane, the more abnormal in the Korea server is, and the Green Rank is said to be similar to the NA or the red rank of Europe." (This message has been  conveyed down. Isn't it bullshit, is it?) If he really said this, I wonder how Monto even knows about the Korean server. Does he watch a lot of other countries' DBD streaming or videos?

Anyway, there was a Dedicated server in South Korea at the time of HEX:Ruin rework execution, and the game level was really insane. Not only us, but also Japan and Taiwan at the top level also have excellent skills. Especially, Japan and South Korea had several exchanges in the competition. Since it's close, there's not much ping difference. Well, Korean's skilled players are little weakened now. As mentioned below, bot issues and continued patches have made the average rank overrated. I think there are people who might be curious about our meta. If you get bored reading below, look. Unfortunately, it's a game that doesn't reflect the meta of HEX:Undying & HEX:Ruin. and the games were just for competition, So It did not reflect much of the main meta of Korean, both of killers and survivors. But that will show something to you. So why don't you try it!

V1: These video lists, played a friendly match between Korea and Japan opened by a streamer named Bumblebee. Rule: Discord(or any voice chat) wasn't allowed, killer could choose the map, and no perk limit in survivor. No item allowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuDfoxAWddc

V2: This is Scrim of the Korean team participating in the DFC (Japan's DBD competition). Well, I've got subtitles for what each of us is talking about about a trial that I'm interested in. SWF has no advantage? I don't think so. Oh, and there's someone who's gonna say, "Killer's noob." If you play with them, I bet it'll be 0 kill. That's what a pretty good killer streamer did. Killer was pretty good but the survivors were insanely good.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/197573

Goal of Game)

Of course, each person has a different goal of the game. Someone may aim for the 1 rank, someone may simply aim for fun, or someone may aim to develop their character with more Blood Points, or more Blood Points. Someone can aim for as many kills as possible, as many escapes as possible, and someone may aim to be skilled and master the game. Someone else might want to make a name for Twitch's Named streamer. Here, the goal of the PVP competition may vary slightly, but basically it aims for as many kills as possible and as many escape as possible. It is necessary to keep in mind that this is basically a zero-sum game.

Core fun of the game)

Many people say that the CORE fun of the game lies in survivors. I agree with this opinion to a certain extent, and as such, a large proportion of streaming is survivors, and the number of play users is probably a large number of survivors. This seems to be getting more asymmetry as it gets to the upper ranks. In fact, more precisely, the higher the weight of a chase in a game, the more fun it is. In other words, if you are a survivor, the more fun it is to win the chase with the killer, and if you are a killer, the more fun it is to win the game by focusing on your skillful chase.

However, DBD and recent patch directions are not. Increasingly, the portion of the game is rather reduced in time for chase and patching is taking place in the direction of playing a short game. From this point of view, the feedback below will be made. The developers seem to want the survivors to be afraid of the killer, and are more focused on escaping the survivor's game target by turning the generator on, NOT ON WINS OF CHASING. In other words, the killer's main goal seems to be to catch survivors and hang them on hooks, and the survivor seems to recognize the generator and escape. However, the reality in game is that the killer has no other choice camping and tunnelling for efficient killing, and the survivor tends to play the genrush to escape rather than fear the killer. And the Survivors tend to carry BT or DS to counter camping and tunneling. And flows in the direction of being caught and camped out with very few pallets and looping zones since poor survivor's skills. From the killer's point of view, this is an inevitable choice. If they don't go camping and focus only on the chase, then all survivors will genrush and escape. If not, it is only possible if the survivors are really guaranteed potatoes, and the killer's ability to chase is overwhelming than the survivor. Frankly speaking, is it fun for you guys to just working on the generator? You're doing DBD to do that? Uh, is clicking the mouse fun or is QTE fun? If QTE is fun, I recommend you to play rhythm games out there. The game's horror function works the same in the lower ranks anyway, and for those who play the game PVP anyway, fear is not a very important factor. In other words, we hope that a single game will have a higher proportion of a tense and exciting chase. However, the latest balance patch seems to want the BHVR to make the game shorter (maybe bhvr think this is on the market's call). It's not just the nerf of the Looping Zone, but the patch of the killer's generator Slowdown perks, and it's not 'absolutely' controlling the generator speed despite Meta's changes. We will explore deeper this part of the fun and balance problem from various angles, including the various perk balance, map balance, killer balance, matchmaking and rank balance.

BHVRs Accepting Feedbacks and our Feedbacks)

We have a very good memory. Just because we don't actively give feedback to forums or Twitch broadcasts But it doesn't mean we are completely blind. We're not going to play civilization. We also know that many players are insulted by EZ, which is not the reason for the ban. And we remember that while Peanits:BHVR was getting feedback on the patch, they told users who opposed the patch, "The job of the development team is to make the game healthier." We know, the developer's job is, of course, to make the game healthier. But that doesn't mean that everything the developers do is to make the game healthy. So do we too, We're just trying, and We think We're doing it. Neither do we, we just try to give feedback on things to make the game more fun. Now I'm saying this, but I also remember the feedback that said, "If Ruin is reworked, it's too difficult for killers to raise the rank," and that Peanits said, "The rank of killers who have depended on Ruin is only more appropriately adjusted." At that time, in our community some said, "If you can reveal the data based on the rank distribution of killers and survivors and the user population, try it." (The top rank killer has a relatively low number compared to the survivors.) As a result, it's quite the opposite now...

Trust me, The insult at this forum would be a joke. I can't translate those insults in our community, I'm sure I'll be banned. LOL

DLCs and new content updated)

We have seen tremendous growth in DBD and would like to congratulate you very much on this amazing growth. In particular, the addition of new content to numerous film characters, the appearance of many great and interesting killers and survivors, and perks etc, was really great. Although each has his own favorite characters, many characters such as ghostface, oni, demogorgon, deathslinger, executator, and blight were released. And especially, the addition of the Silent Hill chapter was really amazing. I was most surprised by the new Silent Hill chapter, and one of my favorite DLCs. We are very pleased that DBD made the collaboration along with a lot of content, and hope the game will release more contents.

In particular, the game's continuous new content is excellent. Unlike other games, new content is being released at a really fast pace, and each content often has a very good quality and design. Of course it wasn't perfect in terms of balance, but the design was very good for Killer and the survivor.

The designs of the new skin were also enormous. Every time we praise the art team, design team, graphics or skin customization team of the game. Really, they really know what skins players prefer and how players buy skins. The team, which is in charge of sound effects and composition, is also very good when new content is released. Like Netflix's Strange Things Chapter, there are many fans of Strange Things in Korea, and this chapter was very surprising. I think the Silent Hill theme, the Executioner, and Deathslinger all have very good theme music and chases. Legion's lobby  theme music is great, but I can't wait for the day when I hear legion owns chase music.

The archives are also well evaluated. This was very interesting for players who thought they had achieved all the existing challenges and consumed all the content of the game. The rewards of the premium track were also excellent. The price of the premium track and the compensation were also very satisfying.

Many characters have been reworked, and each of them will have a lot to discuss to do. In our community, the Balancing Team and the QA Team are under immense harsh criticism, compared to the previous much-criticized BHVR design team.

I'm afraid we'll run out of space if we discuss more about the great things. I'll leave this part for other forum users. You BHVR also knows what was great about the BHVR, right? It'd be great to celebrate yourself.

Meta and Meta Changes)

We are always sensitive to balancing, and we are always listening and concentrating. This would be the same for any other DBD community. However, we are not part of the so-called mainstream community in North America, and our language and culture, and our community of activities, as opposed to other DBD players' close contact with BHVR Twitch streaming, Twitter, forums, and Reddits, the exchange of views with our community and other official channels, our Channel for communication is very insufficient. I'm really sorry about this. In my opinion, Meta is more entrenched than other servers in Korea. We are very sensitive to meta-builds, want to Devs various balancing without entrenching meta.

However, you should always be careful when buffing or nerfing meta perks. Meta perks are literally they are fatal to balance. Meta perks are, of course, "relatively" OP compared to other perks. Adjusting the meta perks would affect the overall balance of the game, which had been balanced by the meta perks. Thus, in order to adjust the meta perks that are frequently used in meta-builds, these close observations and other meta perks are adjusted together, or other perks should be buffed to solve this problem. And,  PLEASE DON'T ADJUST THE GAME TEMPO WHEN YOU POLISH METAS. I HOPE THE GAME GETS LONGER!

Balancing)

We are well aware that balancing is very difficult. Why is it hard to balance? First of all, BHVR lacks a sense of balance. But that's fine. We wish BHVR had a better understanding of the game, but we can't help it if they are not good at it.

<It's never gonna be the perfect balance, (...) - mathieu cote, interview with king>

And it's also important to know which players balance based on. not only view of Killer and survivor, but also We should not base the top 1% of skilled players on balance, nor really on new players as Devs did during the Ruin Rework. This is a very difficult problem. Also, it is difficult to balance based on statistics alone, and it is difficult to balance just by listening to players' opinions. Of course, because there are much more Survivor Main players than Killer Main players. Of course balancing based on statistics, that's good. However, they must be capable of interpreting and analyzing statistics. Only a good understanding of statistics and their indicators can reduce this unbalance phenomenon. If the statistics alone say, "Well, Ruin's used very high, but DS's not used that high, so we should go serious cutback on Ruin." Balancing like this, the balance problem would have been quite serious. This phenomenon makes the problem even more difficult based on the current rank system, in which you may think that you are familiar with the game and are good at it. Again, "Red rank is not a enough skilled rank." That doesn't mean you're qualified to discuss the balance of the game, it's simply an indicator of how much you're playing the game. The problem of balance in these broken rank systems, asymmetric matchmaking, match pool etc. becomes more serious. 

What's interesting is, it's often written in the words that I want to balance things out. "It's already been adjusted, like, or it's been patched recently." We've really seen a lot of opinions: such as BHVRs are always nerfed Survivor, or BHVR only keeps buffing the killer. This logic is really a poor one. Please don't make the discussion more messy. Let's think about this. For example, if A is 1, and B is as advantageous as 99, A side will receive continuous buff, right? Let's think that after 40 adjustments, A has an advantage of 41 and B has an advantage of 59. Oh, well, you guys are really saying, "A got a continuous buff, B got only a nerfed. This is unfair." You think this makes sense? It doesn't matter if you've received buffs or nerfed before. The BHVR isn't just a survivor side, or not just a killer side(Of course, I admit it could be biased, especially recently) . We really need to think carefully about the fairness of similar games with similar skills. And of course, also the difficulty of balancing is due to too much feedback. For example, many players, forum players, and users who are interested in balance issues have too much voice. Uh, for example, It pops me the joke that BHVR wanted to be more nerf with self heal, but main survivor users were going to set fire to the BHVR office, so they couldn't. We, in korea, also have a proverb like ”Too many cooks spoil the broth.” As I said before, the red rank or the purple rank never means you are a skilled player. Many people are mistaken about this, "because I'm the red rank, I deserve to discuss balance". But it's also strange that the Green Rank or the Yellow Rank are being overly vocal about balance, because they haven't been through a lot of games and haven't had enough skill.

Perk Rework: HEX:Ruin)

The first topic of Perk rework is, of course, HEX:Ruin.

First of all, the HEX:Ruin(old) was a really great perk. I remember that in the red rank the utilization rate reached 80% statistically. In fact, in the Korean community, Mud and Fresh DLC was considered an essential DLC for the killer at the time. It wasn't optional. All forms of guides published in our community all spoke of Ruin as a "essential" perk, and in all forms of build, Ruin was always included in the recommended build. There were few builds that didn't put Ruin in the build.

As such, Ruin had an important role in slowing down the generator at the beginning after the start of the Trial, and slowing down the generator immediately after the start has a very important effect on the flow of the game.

Now, I still don't think the HEX:Ruin(old) needed to be reworked or nerfed. Ruin brings many options to survivors.

Here I will discuss a number of pointed issues about the HEX:Ruin one by one.

1. Ruin is useless unless a skill check comes out. 

=> However, the probability of skill checking is always 8%. This is a mathematical, statistical, and absolute probability. That is, 6.4 skill checks occur in 80 seconds, which is the "average". In other words, because what can be benefited from "on average" is fixed, if a skill check doesn't occur, it's simply "luck", and if a lot of skill checks occur, it's simply "unlucky" for the survivor. But on average, every generator always generates 6.4 times (if running one generator alone) even if there are many cases that deviate from the mean, it has low probability. That is, on average, the limits that can affect skill checking are already set mathematically.

2. Skill checking is of no use to "Skilled Player."

=> However, that is the role of Ruin. And, to say nothing is to say that it's too much of an exaggeration. As mentioned earlier, the probability of Luin's skill check occurring was 6.4 times in the generator that was turned alone, and the bonus of Great Skill Check Success was 2%, so it was possible to reduce the progress of the generator by nearly 13%. It's a pretty big figure to say that this is "nothing." In other words, the old one worked pretty well for the Skilled Player as well. Of course, Great Success is more advantageous to repair the generator than normal Success. But this, too, played a huge role in Ruin's "differentiation" on the generator's skill check. In other words, they had to get to the top rank, have better survival rates, and have a great QTE for better gameplay skills, and be skilled in this. This worked well as a skill factor, and the more "skill-check" became a real skill check as the high ranked survivor. In other words, as there is no pressure on Ruin skill check as it is now, and with the reduction of Great QTE's bonus, the influence of Skill Check has been minimized, and there is no need to aim for a dangerous great success. In other words, the game has become too simple, and the ability differentiation of skillcheck has decreased. This further upset Peanits' expectations that "The rank of killers playing depend on only HEX:Ruin but have no effort further without slowdown would be adjusted.", rather helped raise the ranks of survivors with no skill-checking skills and no effort (overvalued), and make the rank evaluation system more powerless. Of course, the gatekeeper emblem went through adjustment, but the survival and killer rank and matchmaking and the number of killer players had a very complex complementary relationship, which had a greater impact on making the rank meaningless.

3. No alternative?

for survivors => When there is a Ruin, survivors have many alternatives.

1) If you can't match Ruin's skill check, it's better to "squat." This method of catching and removing the generator and not generating a skill check is quite effective. Of course, it's slower than making all the Ruin Skills check successful while fully repairing the generator, but it's faster than not being able to succeed any Ruin Skills check. This method makes us do squats only with the presence of Ruin, and still functions well as slow down Perk.

2) Small game, detective's hunch, item: map

Since Ruin is a HEX perk, cleaning the totem will solve all the problems. As such, Ruin corresponds to the high-risk high return perk. If Ruin got cleaned quickly, the killer would be a 3-perk game, so the killer's loss is severe. Nevertheless, killers deserve to invest in Ruin, and defending Ruin could also be included in the skill factor, which made the game more tense and fun. Survivors can use these perks or items and quickly find HEX and "counter" Ruin.

3) As mentioned earlier, skill check skills are improved.

It's a simple answer, right? We had a lot of people at the time who said it was a basic skill to get into the red rank.

for killers =>

For the killers, Ruin was such a great puck that there were few perks to replace, that it had an 80% usage rate.

As mentioned below, Ruin's presence information was available from the beginning of the game, and even if survivors use a map to counter Ruin, they had no choice but to use Ruin, because it was too good to stop the early generator.

4. Differences in Ruin Presence Information

Uh, "Difference in Information Disclosure" is often mentioned compared to the typical differences between Ruin and DS or BT.

DBD has one consistent rule: "It is displayed when an effect is triggered."

Oh, of course, despite in most cases the ruin revealed at the beginning of the game,the usage rate of Ruin(old) was 80 percent (I think it was over 90 percent in Korea). But, if the "effect" of the BT or the DS is activated, uh... By then, the game was already ‘ruined’.

Huh? What's wrong with a 5 seconds stun? What's the difference between just once endurance? Uh, of course, there's no difference in noobs or in the low ranks. The higher and the higher the level of games, the more disastrous this effect is. 5-second stunts, you can run 20 meters, BT gives survivors a two-second burst, and a three-second delay(cool-down) for the killer. It's supposed to be down 0.6m/s per second, but it allows you to run 16m. (Really, don't you remember MOM? Was that a balanced game?) Oh, of course, I'm not saying that we have to nerf BT. Of course there are people who think we should nerf BT, but my opinion is a little different.

Anyway, people who say that this effect is nothing, I think, disprove that your skills are nothing. Anyway, Ruin knows as soon as he starts, and DS doesn't know until killer "screwed"

5. The characteristic weakness of HEX perk

The totem is dependent on the map and structure, and Spawn points are specified. Much of the HEX relies on luck. If a totem appears in a TL zone or a killer shack, it will be instant to be cleaned up. Uh, who's idea was that putting a totem in there? Anyway, we're almost memorizing where totems are spawned. It is influenced by the tile on the map, the jungle gym set(I prefer to say it 'map cluster'.) Well, I don't know if it's accurate, but let's say it's dependent on a map tile cluster. In other words, we know that the location is not completely random, but half-random among the designated locations, so if you memorize this information, you'll find it in an instant. Did you know that when the Ruin map (fixed spawn in map) became an issue in the past, we created it in Korea? LOL Check out history!

6. Ruin reduced the elements of the generator in this game, provided multiple options in the game, and increased the percentage of chase in the game. We'll talk behind the scenes about the correlation between Ruin and Loop Zone adjustment (landmark, pallets adjustment, map sizing, jungle gym adjustment), but the important fun of this game lies in each other's chase. In other words, if the killer only camped and tunneled, and the survivor only did genrush, the game would be really boring. So does it solve problems get player depip, when the killer go camping and tunneling, and if the survivor genrush? I have no idea who ever thought of solving such problems with Rank, but this has also hindered from using Rank as an evaluation factor. Ranking is for performance evaluation, not for evaluating who enjoyed the game more! So, what if we rework the perks to prevent camping and tunneling? In terms of BT and DS's rework, this perk rework, through these perks rework or several reorganizations, has brought significant advantages to survivors. This will be said in more detail in the article below. The bottom line is that if the killer is camping, he can either run out of the generator or use the BT to counter it (in this case, the killer is more likely to "fail.") If the killer had tunneled, he could run away again using DS.(Also, there is a high probability that DS will make the killer "fail" if triggered.) However, no penalty will work just because the survivor does a genrush. There is no such perk. Ruin stopped the genrush, providing survivors with several options, and makes game have more higher percentage on chasing. Some may argue that NOED is such a penalty, but it has no decisive connection to Genrush because it must remove all five totems.(before get ignite the NOED) For example, "Oh, now survivors are running generators too fast, five generators in 180 seconds! 200% faster than average people. Then offering two NOED totems would be a good balance!" I means this never happen. How many times do you think the Red Rank game involves cleaning up all five totems? Or, will it occur often that four survivors are alive without cleaning up all 5 totems, that the killer is unable to protect the HEX totem, that the survivors are lucky, or that the location of the HEX totem is quickly located and cleaned? Except for the fact that the NOED HEX is spawned next to a fallen survivor, and eventually someone gets a kill while camping, NOED is a great variable perk, but it's hard to say it's a destructive perk to claim a penalty. Oh, of course, until the killer hits your healthy back and "SURPRISE!" happens. It's destructive to the crushed survivor, but it's hard to say it's "destructive" on game because the killer only forced to pick up some of the kills as his last camping. and also It doesn't give you that much satisfaction when you get a NOED. I told you before, right? The killer also gives greater satisfaction as the main of the game is to win the chase quickly with his skilled pursuit skills.

=>Among the rebuttal opinions, however, Ruin is too powerful compared to other perks.

It is true. Of course, that's why there were many opinions that Ruin needed to be adjusted, and to some extent I agree.

However, most of the HEX perks are powerful. Because it's a HEX perk. and HEX perk have features like this. Because it's a high-risk, high-return. However, I think it could have been solved by adjusting the skill check penalty percentage to 1/2/3%, or removing the penalty that stops repair for a while if the Ruin skill check fails.

Nevertheless, the Ruin was reworked, the loops of many maps were nerfed, and the Rank system was also 'ruined'.

The balance patch was truly unconventional, given that the reaction of Ruin rework was of course immensely explosive in most communities, and that there were negative reactions in North American public opinion, forums, and survival-oriented communities. I think BHVR pushed the patch despite this explosive reaction. But contrary to what was feared, the new Ruin was a pretty good perk too, and it seems to be still working well as a major meta perk. This is thought to be for a number of complex reasons, which are also related to the fact that the overall ranking of survivors has begun to be "overrated."

Ruin's rework has changed so many things.

First, killers, whose earlly generator was important, were nurfed indirectly. Cases such as Trapper, Oni, plague, Hagg and Shape are most representative. These killers show a strong second-half operating power, while in the beginning they are very weak.

Ony is still a good killer with his special mobility and makes survivors instantly down, but It worked not in cases like Trapper, Hagg and Shape. If I could get a pick-up on the red rank for six months before and after the Ruin nurfed, I'd know how accurate I'm telling you.

Second, as I said before, the options for survivors are reduced. Because of Ruin’'s problem, they had the option of doing the early generator or looking for Ruin, but now they have no choice but to do it. So, there was a phenomenon in which the genrush got worse as a result.

Of course, even after Ruin's rework, there were many interesting situations in Pig's case because of its characteristics. Pig wasn't strong because she was weak on his own, but she showed quite an interesting synergy. As a result, with the current HEX: Undying coming out, BHVR might have been right in some cases. Anyway, contrary to expectations, corrupt intervention and pops have brought quite good synergy since the pops Time Limit Buff, and have become a meta-build. In addition, Ruin +  pops has also become a meritorious meta-build, each of which, despite Ruin's rework, has advantages of Perk and that pops acts as an "insurance."

Naturally, the average generator speed was very fast, but with several balance patches, survivors were prevented from looping for a long time. 'Somewhat.'

Oh, but... It was so painful to the killers. The generator was incredibly fast. killers can't forget the years of suffering.

Meta's change was quite impressive. Still, the new Ruin wasn't a bad perk, and we couldn't stop the survivors from "generator camping," but we could delay it a little bit. and I think developers are quite negative about Meta, which use two perks to slow down. really! That's how the game works. Two meta-slowdown and two for chase or two slowdown /one/one meta. Or you should Change the game mechanism at all if you want it.

Strike)

Oh, really... I really have a lot to say about this perk.

Do you want to see the results of our search for a DS in our community?

(The highlighted one means DS. There were about 30~40 discussions including DS per day, pretty small for our community, isn't it?)

Do you Remember when you guys said that in the early 20s when we were doing a balancing broadcast?

Here, I can quote exactly the QNA text.

Q: Will commonly used Survivor perks receive the same treatment?

A: DS already got a serious cutback. So we're not actually that scared about its power at the moment. BT and adrenaline, they don't stick out as far in terms of usage as ruin did.

I’m sure that this word has caused a tremendous sensation to us. It's become clear that the developers don't know the game better than we think. Yeah, let's check the facts. Oh, and we don't think adrenaline needs to be adjusted either. Adrenaline is just a good perk, but it's not OP.

1.2.1 DS was simple when a Skill Check succeed, escape from the Killer's grasp and stun them for 3/4/5 seconds. At 1.3.0 it changed Who is not the Killer's Obsession, a certain amount of Wiggle to use. It was a 3-second stun when tunneled at 2.6.0 and a 5-second stun when tunneled at 2.6.3. (for 40/50/60 seconds) Oh, and I'm not going to comment on the difficulty of skill checks. Is there anyone who really can't get that? I can't believe there are people like that who are balancing or who have feedbacks about balancing. And the important fact that Wiki's DS Patch history doesn't say: At 3.0.0, the enduring was no longer applied to DS. This is an important fact.

Because, at that time, the usage rate of enduring before 3.0.0 was really high. Why do you think so? Of course it's because of DS.

Did the really red rank killers use this perk so much for the pallet stuns?

[Sure, I have a lot to say about Hillbilly. I know very well that the chainsaw gauge didn't reset when it was stunted, that it was a bug, and soon after it was patched, and As soon as the saw mechanism was refactored, the same bug came back for almost a few years, and it was recently fixed.]

Anyway, because of the same problem as the existing enduring, it changed to 5 seconds stun at 2.6.3, but at 3.0.0, the enduring was no longer applied to DS.

People's perception is very simple. As mentioned above, we should not care how much it has been nerfed or buffed. The really important thing is, As a result, it matters to have a good balance. Discussing how much it has been nerfed or buffed, It's not rational, it's emotional to focus on how it is nurfed and buffed.

DS got buffed at 1.3.0, nerfed at 1.4.0. and got a rework on 2.6.0. Oh, but, remember, we don't recognize that 2.6.0 had a "rework" not "nerfed." Of course, many of the survivor main players may recognize this as nerf, but in our case it was different. I think, it's my feeling, in my community, that about 30% of us felt it was nerfed, and the rest of it felt it is rework, so it's a similar effect. (It tends to all of us to admit that DS should be reworked) Of course, I think you might think of this as nerf. It was often used to avoid DS by dropping it and picking up survivors again, and at 2.6.0, there were a lot of styles of play rather than avoiding it. But at 2.6.3, DS got a huge buff to blow this whole thing up. We could have relieved this part by using enduring, so we didn't see the stun time was incredibly long. Because so many people were using enduring, we didn't realize that this time was long. However, not from 3.0.0, this time is too long now. Actually, did you know that DS is not five seconds, but six seconds? Because it takes a second to recover from a stun(said the development team's streaming). Oh... are you sure DS has been cut back? Check your patch details carefully. From where to where was nerfed, from where to where was the buffed. Anyway, the timer limit for DS is 40/50/60 seconds, which is perceived as one of the styles that forces the killer to "never" tunnel. 

There seems to be a cultural difference in this part, but in Korea, we know "tunneling and camping are often considered to be 'toxic' in North America." We have different opinions about camping, but not like this. It depends. We believe that camping is a means to win games and a style of play. If the generator is too fast, camping is a better strategy than roaming around. We are well aware that it is not intended to offend survivors. IT’S JUST TRYING TO WIN. I think everyone agrees that killers are not haunted house employees. They play this game to kill, not just to scare and do not kill the survivors, nor to show off their play to others. So if you're blaming some killers, "Camping doesn't help you improve your skills," "Whatever? I'm not playing games to improve my skills." "If you want to improve your skills, you're going to stop genrush first, come and play chasing with me. It will improve your skills." Survivor main players in all cultures shout that camping is toxic, but in our case, this behavior is still perceived as a strategy compared to other cultures. The story went wrong for camping, but in the case of tunneling, we don't recognize it as toxic. (Oh, of course, here too, some of the main players of the survivor are accusing them of flipping through a specific killer.) Because, like camping, tunneling is also a strategy and game playstyle. And also survs could use DS. We are well aware of the "very" wide variation in skills among survivors, and that if we start chasing skilled survivors, the trial will be completely ruined. So, We will eat up potatoes first, and consider it a basic strategy to slow down the generator since the potatoes were killed while skilled survivors fixing gens, and to win the game at reduced generator speeds in this way. Therefore, we have been playing tunnel-style games, and we don't want these play styles to be constrained with perks. We don't want to be forced into such a game style. Especially with the perk issue with OP.

The 60-second limits really frustrate the killer. This DS is really being abused. Although the way DS is designed available in the cabinet was 'intended design', are you sure this is the intention? I mean, you said the survivor should be afraid of the killer and run away. Instead of running away, purposely went into the cabinet and said, "I'm going to use DS. come on if you want to. I won't give you any chance to slugging". And I'm just saying, is it really meant to be forced to get a DS to killer?

"Come on, Bastard! get DS! Come on!"

Oh, and sometimes some really ridiculous things happen. Yeah, well, let's say once it's reasonable that the killer get striked when he intentionally tunneled someone. But do we have to remember who killer hooked on just before? Is this right? Sometimes, killers aren't bent on winning, and there are people who just want to hunt for visible people. And get a striked? Even a survivor who's completed heal. With done all the heels, completely out of the killer's sight, and you can't remember who you've been hooked, and just because he's down in 60 seconds, is it really reasonable for him to get a strike? Oh, I'm so embarrassed, for healing 40 seconds after the unhook, hiding out of the killer's sight, and then collapsing in 10 seconds with a really low performance, is this a tunneling thing? Sometimes killers don't even remember if they who was a hooker before? A killer who has kill, even remembering if someone's hooked on a hook; "Oh, you're the one who got hooked 40 seconds ago, right? Yeah, this time I'll have to give you mercy. after 20 seconds, I'm gonna turn brutal." And, imagine that the potatoes really go down one by one every 20 seconds. This means that even though the killer didn't tunnel, the potatoes could escape the killer's grasp without any effort(Much more than HEX:Ruin(old) did), using DS. If you are saing getting Successful Skill Check is effort... ... Nevermind.

Do you have anyone who uses a DS timer? Hmm.

Oh, and let's talk about the usage rate of DS and the information. So, I mean, let's say if the killer uses Ruin. Survivors can see it right away from the start of the game. What else do you want me to put on? Enduring? Brutal? Tanatopovia? Survivors can always get information about the killer's perk right away in a different way mostly, but not on DS. Especially in the case of Ruin mentioned, there's a huge difference in the amount of information. This brings a huge difference in the amount of information, and that brings a difference in usage rates.

Why? Because even if the obsessor always exists, the killer's 60 seconds of non-tunneling playstyle is "forced." It's also because a five-second stun has a tremendous effect, so the option of a killer being striked is too risky(unless the survivor is not the potato), and it's because DS force the killer never gets striked, and it really forces non-tunneling play. That's because the survivor doesn't have to use DS, and if the obsessor exists on the trial, the 60 seconds of forced non-tunneling play will reap tremendous benefits.

That's why survivors don't have a high rate of use of DS, even if it has a tremendous effect.

Let's think about it. That's because DS was trying to stop the tunneling play style, and although he has the concept of obsession, obsession actually makes this difference because of its feature.

If there's no characteristic that an obsession can exist one at a time, and if the DS gives a mark to each person who exists ("this person is using a DS. Because he doesn't like tunneling, don't tunnel to anyone who uses DS.") We'll see the true usage rate of the DS and the true power of the DS. Uh, the developers wouldn't make this dangerous choice, so how do they prove what I've said?

Maybe you can see the difference between the survival rate of a trial obsessor exists and the survival rate of an obsessor doesn't exist. If North American people don't like tunnels anyway, so they don't have anything to cling to, then there won't be a big difference in the killing rate. If you could mark someone playing with DS, would that be okay, too. The DS is for a tunneling counter, so it can be used for the purpose.

Frankly, I don't want the real situation to mark the DS, so I just want the devs to admit it. That's the only thing that exists in the game, because killers are always on risk or restricted by 60 seconds, and that's what makes it critical.

So, even if the usage rate of the DS is not high, it has a huge impact on the entire game.

The prevailing opinion frequently mentioned way to DS, is to give the current Stun 5 seconds to 4 seconds or 3.5 seconds. One thing for sure, even if you say you're going to give it a certain penalty option to make it more "desperate" and "decisive," it'll never go away from survivor tire perk. What does this mean? Before the 2018 Mid Chapter Patch, I saw that you BHVRs are planning to add broken penalties to DS, and having internal discussions about this. But even if you give Blindness, Broken, Exhausted, Hemorrhage, Oblivious all for 60 seconds, It'll still stick tier perk. Absolutely! To give this perk a penalty, either the killer immediately gets bloodlust tier 2, or a high level of Hindered will be a real penalty. Both sides are very reasonable in concept. Stricken Killer will of course be a Bloodlust, and a survivor "decisively" does all the work out to lose muscle strength and slow movement... that's what I'm saying. But this way, of course, the previous proposal to reduce the stun time will be canceled, right?

Well, I think the 18's idea of stopping the killer for a while and allowing the survivor to wiggle was pretty good, but it wasn't reflected in the final patch. Of course, this patch would be quite decisive, and patching DS in this way at the current balance is virtually equivalent to deleting DS, and you'll see how powerful DS can be and directly against meta-balance?  LOL  DS's patch will really be a direct hit on the game like Ruin patched. If the stun time is reduced by one second, it will have a tremendous effect in a way that increases the kill rate by 10%. Uh, did I exaggerate a little? Okay, let's say if you reduce the time limit by 15 seconds, like popps (v4.3.0), the kill rate increases by 5 percent on the red rank. It is true that developers want a game style that avoids tunneling, but the killer's feeling is as important as the survivors' feelings are important. Rather than doing this balancing with DS, we really hope to solve this problem by giving the killer an advantage if the killers don't tunnel. (Like in the Bloodrust Patch, a way to slow the speed of the survivor was considered, but giving the killer more power than this would be less frustrating for the survivors. It's the same way.)

Rework Idea: I came up with an interesting idea while finishing this article. That's what differentiates DS from tunneling time. So if you lift a survivor 10 seconds after survivors are released(unhooked), Stun will be 5 seconds, and if you tunnel survivor 50 seconds after release, Stun will be 1 second.

If we do this, the survivor can also have the option to save the DS for the right time to be tunneled rather than abusing it. Well, the problem with this is that as soon as the survivor gets off the hook, it's always gonna be a problem that keeps banging in the cabinet. This often occurs in the current DS, We have to make it If a killer caught survivors in a cabinet or interrupting, make sure the DS is not triggered. I think this would be a really appropriate balance patch.

This article continues comments below.

Comments

• God_Prof
    God_Prof Member Posts: 60
    Options

2)

WHISPER REWORK)

I didn't originally plan to include this in the article because almost no one uses Whisper these days. Except for Nurse. But I thought of it while talking about the 2018 Mid chapter patch. Did BHVR told they're doing Whisper rework, right? I wonder how it's going. So, we haven't heard from any other issue after the plan so we guess that's been discarded from the inside. Any other changes?

KILLER REWORK)

I will just save my words about detailed feedbacks Nurse Rework and Canibal Rework cuz it depends on various variables. but, in common, it was good reworking.

DR. REWORK)

Doctor's rework, for example, was really great. It was one of the best patches that completely solved existing problems that were difficult to use: survivors' problems and killers problems, and made the Doctor more utilitarian. Addon's rework was also very perfect. I think this doctor's rework was one of the most perfect rework. We think the Doctor is quite a balanced character at this moment. Of course, Doctor is still a walker who doesn't have the speeded mobility, so he's vulnerable to genrush. In spite of that, the doctor is pretty cool, right? (* In Korea, killers with powerful anti-loop capabilities and active mobility ability; all but nurses, spirits, are called walkers. It used to include hillbilly in not-walker, but not now after nerf.)

NIGHTMARE REWORK)

Nightmare's rework was just as good as the Doctor. This made Nightmare really powerful. Nightmare is a really good walker killer(in fact, it seems half-walker), because it also has the ability to move generators. Nevertheless, some players are very sad that Nightmare has lost its individuality. Also, the lack of features in add-on is pointed out as the downside of Nightmare. Uh, I mean, who uses dresses, phill bottle, cube add-ons? These add-ons should have changed and made the Nightmare's abilities colorful. Like a blood warden, something could block gen. or The black box affects the sound of a dreaming survivor's song. Or maybe a purple or green add-on that affects an obsessor like remember me. Or give nightmare speed of action increases for each dreamer. Oh, after writing it, I think these add-ons are so powerful that they'll make Nightmare OP. Well, the idea isn't up to me. And, obviously, there will be a proper penalty added. And the habit of directors, attaching perk ability to add-on was a long time after Nightmare and Doctor rework. Of course I don't even think it's good. If we put the perk's function on add-on... Well, there's a reason why people don't use some perks. Does BHVR running out of ideas? There are plenty of good and productive ideas in forums or reddit. I'll go below and show you the details.

HILLBILLY AND HILLBILLY'S ADD-ON REWORK)

Hillbilly's rework was quite impressive. The Previous Hillbilly was, as the BHVR Devs said, the most tense of the chase, and a fair good killer in balance. In the patch note, Hillbilly patch was expected to make chainsaw to use 'slightly' carefully once Hillbilly's overheating system was added. In the patch notes, we expected the BHVR to do only a little balance adjustment, but it wasn't at all.

What we expected with patch note was 

Number 1: Hillbilly's long-distance mobility using chainsaw increases the significant overheating, and when he charges the chainsaw, the overheating is not so great, which causes a nerf hillbilly to the long-distance mobility.

Number 2: Only when Hillbilly charging chainsaw do the overheating gauge increase significantly, and chainsaw with the rapid movement of the long distance, and would not be affected by overheating so much, thus adjusting the balance.

However, virtually both No. 1 and No. 2 were applied, and the chainsaw cool-down became very long, and there was even a really very serious cutback of Addon that we didn't expect. of course the patch was more close to number 2, and it got a significant balance problem and made survivors boring. and the add-on cutback was very serious. While we think that the previous Hillbilly add-on selection rate will definitely be in the development team's statistics, we think the current add-ons are all full of trash. A good add-on generally needs to be universal, and an add-on that fills a killer's limits or deficiencies. In short, the most important thing is utilitarianism. And the more conditions, the more unusual conditions, the harder it becomes to use this add-on. and this is what bad addons normally do. That's why the best Hillbilly Add-on was to reduce the time of charging chainsaw. And, only the use of this add-on made Hillbilly strong, and it was a good reason for Hillbilly's tight tension in the chase, and also for balance. However, all of the add-ons that gave Hillbilly an advantage in reworking have been deleted, and now only the penalty add-on for charging chainsaw exists. Also, it is full of really weird garbage add-ons. Really, don't you know why people don't use lightborn?

The concept that Hillbilly is a creature of light, it's okay anyway. But scenes that Hillbilly gets hit by a flashlight are less likely to occur than other killers.

The scenes where the killer is hit by a flashlight can be divided into 1) breaking the pallet, 2) lifting the survivor, 3) vaulting the window. Hillbilly often breaks the pallets with chainsaw, so it is difficult to hit him with a flashlight in case 1. And in the case of a skilled killer, if there is a survivor with a flashlight, he is always aware of the survivors around him when he lifts survs (such as watch his surroundings, including lifting the survivor with looking at the wall), so it's not easy in case of two.

In the case of a skilled killer, can hear and follow the footsteps, and breaths of survivors. Therefore, in all cases, lightborn are generally not a choice of skilled killer players. In most cases, lightborn can be a waste of perk for them, as no survivor with a flashlight always comes out, nor all four survivors come to trial with a flashlight. Therefore, lightborn are not used often. (Hillbilly or any other killer) Of course, I'm not arguing that Lightborn's Perk concept is wrong or that it needs additional buffs. In other words, even though this didn't happen often, we can't understand why reworked new add-ons make waste blood point. Add-on, which is less general-purpose, is never used often. Undetectable for 15 seconds after chainsaw strike? Why use this without being crazy? If the chainsaw overheats, the 8 meter terror range is reduced? Absolutely not. Never gonna use it. Uh, the Pactured Muffler or Dad's Boots are quite usable. Low Kickback Chain? excuse me, if you bump into an object, it's just screwed. Skilled hillbilly would never hit objects. 4.4 m/s? Is the fast charging chainsaw Hillbilly is a distance-hit killer? Like Deathslinger or Huntress? Or just, if you use this add-on, do you just enjoy the pain? Or did you decide to impose your own penalty if you were 4.6m/s, because it was too powerful for survivors? Ok, I will stop caring about that. Because we will never use it. Apex Muffler? Well, that's exactly one of the add-ons we expected. We thought there would be at least one add-on to reduce the sound of saw. We didn't know it was outside the terror range. Ultra rare? Well, we also expected that there would be a red add-on that we wouldn't use very often, and because it has properties that can be combined with tinkerer or Iridescent Brick, it seems to be worth the presence of an add-on. I didn't know that Ultra-Rare, as I really expected, would have conditions that would be within the scope of terror. The figures for the Engravings were all nerfed, and due to the overheating, the chainsaws could not frequently be used. In other words, the charge time of chainsaw slows down and the overheating rises. So you can't see Hillbilly anymore, who used Engravings add-on to show pressure in pallet looping. If you use chainsaw a lot with Engravings in pallet looping, the overheating will rise in an instant, and currently, the level of overheating in charging chainsaw is very high, so you can't put any pressure on the pallet looping using chainsaw with Engravings.

Anyway, that's why Hillbilly's had a really bad fall, and he actually changed his place with the carnival. Let's just say, you bhvr could get a statistic out of the pick-rate X kill-rate. Uh, what did you just say? "Someone's good at Hillbilly... You're the main killer who just can keep whining.”? As you can see from below, it's just that the survivors have become a potato paradise. And at the same time, the someone, Hillbilly player must be really very skilled. It is a dangerous idea to generalize in someone's cases. If you bring Hillbilly, I'm sure I could get chase on 4-generator chase on average. The more you use a saw in the chase, the weaker Hillbilly will be. Isn't it interesting that there's a killer who's stronger if you don't use his abilities and gets weaker as you use them?

NEED FOR SPIRIT ADJUSTMENT)

Yeah, Spirit did go through some adjustments. But it wasn't enough and still Spirit is "untouchable" in all over rank. It's expected to be like a killing machine. Spirit is one of the killers who ignores all forms of looping. In the case of Nurse, we have experienced a serious cutback, but Spirit is not as difficult to use as Nurse. Rather, it is very difficult for survivors to deal with Spirit. Spirit's abilities are very fast, high mobility, and always have an edge over survivors in looping. It needs to consider that Spirit's ability, or Addon's full-scale rework. If only adjustments were made, the most important alternative would be to reduce the speed of ability or to make the charge of ability slower. Also, I think we should remove the ability to speed up when she's out from spiritual world. Then, add a motion for Spirit to enter the spiritual world. Also, even if Spirit has entered the spiritual world within terror radius, it will have to be changed to make the "shhhhhh" sound of Spirit. Some argue that in addition to this, Spirit's afterimage flashing should be removed, and Spirit's afterimage should remain in her ability(even in spiritual word). I think this is a little too much, but I think it's a problem for Spirit's afterimage flashing even though she doesn't use his abilities. There's also a Dried Cherry Blossom Add-on now, so it's a good idea to basically delete this ability and give it to Add-On only. And we need to adjust the gauge(I mean, the charge). I hope to solve this from the old bug. When Spirit was directly hit by the pallet, there was a bug where Spirit's charge was initialized and cooled down again. This adjustment would be quite useful. And when Spirit hits a survivor, the survivor becomes very vulnerable. This becomes more serious because of the strider. I think legion's penalty would be quite useful here. If she hits a survivor, Spirit's charge has to be initialized and cooled down again. I've got quite a lot of nerfs about Spirit, and I think she'll probably get the most nerf requests from survivors. I think it's Spirit that BHVR mentioned that they want to rework other than Huntress. 

I think this could prove that I'm not the just main killer, but player both killer and survivor. Anyway, for a survivor's part, Spirit is really frustrating.

THE NEED FOR LEGION ADJUSTMENT)

Earlier, I mentioned a little bit about legion, and everyone in this forum will agree that they are a weak killer. Uh, in order to have the characteristics of Legion, we need to increase the effectiveness of their ability. Feral Frenzy's numbers, they have some figures. Frenzy speed, duration, charge time and cool down. I think the speed of movement is enough now. Of course you can buff more, but I think we need more focus on charge time and duration. That's how much legion can take advantage of his active ability and quickly inflict deep injuries on many survivors. And contrary to Spirit, I don't think that the Charge of the Feral Frenzy should be reset when the basic attack hits. I think it's okay to buff for 1 second and make it 3 seconds in cooldown time.

Addon's rework or other rework and ability? Uh, I'm not creative, so forum friends were much greater than me.

UPCOMING HUNTRESS REWORK)

This is an area of fear for us. Many Huntress players are terrified that Huntress will be "Hillbillied." We've been through a lot of discussions with players, the survivors and killers including the Huntress players, and there's been a few add-ons who agree that there's a need for adjustment. It was the mainstream opinion that there was no need for rework on Huntress ' ability itself. Although there have been some opinions from the hitbox, and we think that the wide box should be the only way for the Huntress to take a hit, and some console users will also be deeply sympathetic if the box got nerfed. 

Every add-on in Huntress is really great currently. They are well-designed add-ons, they're probably the best among other killers. All other add-ons were not mentioned on rework needs, but the most mentioned were Iridescent Head and Exhausting Addons.

First, the Iridescent Head is too powerful. It's really powerful, although it reduces four Hatchets, but it can increase two again with Infantry Belt. We thought of an appropriate nerf method for this, and the most appropriate method was to increase the wind-up time. We should discuss the appropriate figures, but Moderate increase would be 'moderate' isn't it? And some say that because the Iridescent head is so heavy, the nurf that decreases the killer's basic movement speed. and there were others saying that the Iridescent head on the last hatchet, whatever other add-on you apply, only the last Hatchet holding could make dying state instantly. Both opinions are interesting, but there were also many opinions that this is not appropriate because it is over-serious cutback.

And Second, Exhouting Addons: These exhausting addons are fatal to DH users. And the problem was that the price was too cheap. When Exhausting Addon was first there, there was an exhausting cooldown even when survival running. So Burus Toxin wasn't such a powerful add-on. But now the exhausted cool doesn't cool down when the survivor runs. And many have pointed out that Burus Toxin is too powerful despite being a common add-on. Because the effect is virtually the same as the Venomous Conception.

Opinion 1. Verus Toxin should be patched with uncommon. Opinion 2. Berus Toxin Should Be Suffer Exhausted Status Effect for 15 seconds. Both are very reasonable opinions, so it's also a way to adapt both opinion 1 and opinion 2. If so, Venomous Concoction also needs to be Exhausted Status Effect for 30 or 45 seconds. Well, isn't it too harsh to nerf it for 30 seconds? Uh... I think that's appropriate. I don't think there's a huge difference between DH users.

A new Ultra-Rare Add-on forecast; perhaps Devs "love" undetectable, or even an oura generator's repair, the sound of Huntress's songs, etc. will be the target. Either make it or not. We never use it.

Oh, and additionally, I want you to rework the Huntress Perk. Never using 1, Never using 2, Never using 3. Let's say about never using 3, if HEX:Huntress lullaby is not a HEX perk, there are survivors who fear it will be too powerful perk for the Doctor. In my opinion, we should change the token conditions or give them additional buff on the bonus decrease in progress. Well, if you rework this perk... You know, I'm MBTI: INTP, but idea banks are more in forums than me. Never using 1: I have a really great idea in the beast of prey perk. Let's see this again in the below feedback of bloodlust.

MINOR ADJUSTMENT TO CLOWN)

This was pretty good. The one that changed so that the speed of movement would not decrease when holding the bottle. I don't think Clown is a character that is often mentioned in the balance. Give Clown some attention, guys! There is no clear buff direction, and since the add-ons of clown are already in some good condition. Deleting movement speed decrease charging gas bottles was an appropriate balance patch. I like this one! If BHVR is working on another upgrade, I look forward to it.

NEW SLOWDOWN META: HEX:UNDYING & HEX:RUIN

Oh, this was an amazing new meta. Even with Tinkerer's new buff, it was very good. (After all, BHVR's old broadcast of wanting to differentiate notifications succeeded in its first step.) We are exchanging a lot of opinions and feedback on this. In the exchange of a lot of intense feedback, I can't give my opinion, but we all agreed that this is a really powerful meta. But is this OP enough to require a nerf? Uh, I think this is a problem to think about. Well, we don't like to touch Meta. If you touch a meta-build, it will influence right away on balance. I think we should still watch Meta a little more. Well, let's look at the details.

Synerge of HEX:Undying and HEX:ruin, was sunrising of HEX:Ruin(NEW) are new butter and bread build. This complements the existing vulnerability in which HEX:Ruin was HEX perk, while grant force the killer to very effectively slow down the repair of the generator, forcing many options whether the survivor should focus on genrush or HEX cleanup.

Nevertheless, if HEX:Undying were to be in a very bad position, it quickly became a very high-risk that could be a two-perk game. And there is a danger that if the survivors were very diligent about the gen-camp, they might not be able to do much slowdown. Survivors who suffered from HEX:Ruin(old) in the past, and killers who had to use HEX:Ruin reluctantly in the past, still hate this new "HEX meta." Hex Totem is too clinging to luck. And there's no reason to use HEX:Thrill of the Hunt at all. HEX:Thrill of the Hunt and HEX: Undying need differentiation. Maybe, it gives HEX:Undying's Oura function to Thrill of the Hunt, and HEX: Undying alerts like Thrill of the Hunt. And I think it can be solved by buffing the speed down on Hunt's totem purification more slowly. One important point: Thrill of Hunt is marked right next to it because of this speed-reduction feature, while HEX:Undying is not marked right away. I've been telling you how much information is different from information being provided. Uh, if you don't want to adjust the HEX:Thrill of Hunt, there's an opinion that it's better to just show killer to HEX totem not dull totem or make some other adjustments. Of course, I think BHVR will unexpectedly provide cool time for HEX:Undying.

In my case, I don't think there's a big problem with this HEX-meta itself. However, other meta is too weak compared to HEX-meta. (Dying Light or Tanatopobia) It's not good to nerf this HEX perks. Survivors have many options on this. There is a problem with our play style, which does not cleanse a lot of totem, but does not think this HEX-meta has become too overpowering. Nevertheless, this meta is also not very powerful in SWF. (Because it is being briefed in real time.)

Just a few problems of this HEX meta, is that both killer and survivors depend on luck. Killer will be frustrated when the HEX:Undying spawns in open. and, it was a long time that HEX:Ruin dominated the games, so many players would be tired and bored at this HEX meta again. Well, nevertheless, this build works well for Solo players. Well, just look carefully at the BHVR. This is quite a hot build like HEX totem. Oh, don't clean it up!, I'm just feeling warm of HEX....

FEEDBACKS ON NEW META AND ABOUT BLOODLUST)

The current meta really, really caused a serious genrush. I really can't understand why the main survivors love Gen-Camp and Hate Killer Camp. Anyway, after Ruin's patch, we keep playing too fast, and I think each trial is exhausting us. Survivors and killers don't have time to rest. The game is very intense and our eyebrows are fluttering.

But although adjusting generator speed is often pointed out as an alternative, this is good but we don't consider it a perfect balance alternative. This would be a pretty good balance alternative for weak killers, but in the case of Spirit, who we think is a strongest killer, Rather, we can get over-indirect buffs. We don't want to get side effects that buff killers like The spirit or nurse. I think bloodlust is the easiest way to solve this. This is the easiest way to give buffs especially to the vast majority of walkers, except for nurse&sipirit alone.

The current bloodlust has not been so 'very' effective against anti-looping. To briefly explain the system of bloodlust, bloodlust gets one token for every 15 seconds of grant the movement speed bonus of a 5% (+0.2 m/s) increase in movement speed per token(Maximum 3 token). Funny thing is, we've confirmed that we only get tokens when the "actual" chase continues(not like in BP return in chase). and, when you use your abilities or break the pallet, all bloodlust tokens are initialized. And, bloodlust decay 20 percent per second since the chase was cut off. And there's a little known about bloodlust: when it's stun on the pallet, you lose a token of bloodlust. In fact, I think this stops the chase when it's stun on the pallet, and it's like the mechanism is treating it at that moment the chase has been cut off. I don't know if this is intended, but we're well aware of this anyway. So when survs are in a chase, we need to consider the killer's bloodlust. It makes you have times when you try to stun the pallet. 

The possibility of bloodlust is actually quite brilliant, the concept of a killer speeding up his movement to solve an anti-loop was one of the great mechanisms, unless there were various constraints. As I said above, we hope there will be more chases in every trial. I think the higher the weight of the chase, the more interesting and fun the game is. Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying, I think we should use bloodlust rather to make sure the chase ends in the "infinite loop" in the right time than just keep the "infinite" loop. As the BHVR said, killers tend to think it's wasting time when survs keep looping in an infinite loop gym.

So, what do I want to say? Well, I want the proper level of jungle gym and pallet arrangement, and the adjustment of the blood system to actually do anti-loop.

In fact, the bloodlust system is too long to be charged. The duration is too short, and the conditions are tricky to sustain.

I think we can solve this through perk balancing. Although It may need a fundamental adjustment to the bloodlust system, but there's another perk that allows you to effectively use "bloodlust" through the rework of predator.

There are many ideas about how to rework Perk:predator. Number 1 rework is a method that using this perk as a way to reduce the time when bloodlust is granted. It's the most effective.

The second option is to keep the bloodlust going longer. To bring the advantage of being less Decay, even if the chase is cut off. Of course, if you break the pallet, the bloodlust will be gone. We are discussing a lot about safe and unsafe pallets. Most of the time, we're divided into two types: safe board and unsafe pallet like you. In our case, we use terms, "absolute pallet" and "something like pallet". The guide I've written has five categories.("Absolute pallet, absolute loop pallet, unsafe loop pallet, serious unsafe pallet, plain pallet") I'd like to explain each one, but this article is for feedback.

The one when killers using own power lose bloodlust, some say you should make it like "play with food." That's the thing that only actually hits survivors consume token. It seems nonsense that Trapper loses his bloodlust when he picks up traps. Of course a lot of things will change in this way, but...

Some people asked to release the perk that will make survivors vulnerable if we continue to chase for a long time or build a lot of stacks of bloodlust. If the perk is released, it may solve some balance by not providing a bloodlust bonus to the killer instead vulnerable, whether to do this as a HEX perk, and how long to chase it down to make the survivor vulnerable.

GRAPHICS UPDATE)

I think the graphic update of badham and yamaoka rework was great and McMillan to proceed will be great. The generator repair motion, VFX is cool, but I'm sorry, but we're not interested in this VFX. It was good, though. It was really cool to change the key. We really hated to keep focusing and looking at the survivors' hands. Except the changed med-kit, some pointed out med-kits are too bright... The changed effect of the damaged generator, there was a complaint that It did not provide a visual difference with pops and general damage. And, this is a bit important, after the graphic update of the pallet breaking motion, the visual effects of crushing the pallet were added, but this is pointed out as a significant cause of frame drop. Check out some of the optimization. And the chest(box), isn't it the before one is better? The graphic of the box itself is good, but I think it's better for motion to search inside the box. Rather than struggling with the lock of the box.

KEY AND MORI ADJUSTMENT)

Almost all players agreed that they both need a nerf.  What's really interesting is that changing the key to like lock-pick and making sure it takes time to interact with the hatch was considered a pretty good idea. Anyway, We think the immediate escape is OP.

We think the adjustment of the mori, the prevailing opinion was that it would be changed mori works after 2nd hook by you bhvr. So we wondered if that comes, would it be meaningful using the mori? Well, I'm not sure. I don't use mori a lot. I'm the one who's being taken by mori of course. but, please notice us before patching it.

MANY ADJUSTMENTS TO SURVIVOR ITEMS)

I'm not going to comment on flashlight adjustment. It's an old patch, and the flash was so powerful. Let me just mention that it was a good adjustment. What I'm interested in is Med-kits and Toolboxes, let's take a look. In Med-kits, the basic heel charge(time) was increased, and Med-kits were affected. Oh, but the nurf of the Emergency Med-Kit really hurt me. No matter how fast it is, I don't want to use this emergency kit with no add-on. Is it because it's literally "Emergency"? But, you know, Pharmacy, it became nurfed indirectly, right? Some people even say that Pharmacy would rather guarantee the uncommon first Aid Kit.

Why not mentioned the adjustment of Altruistic Healing? Uh, in fact, we rarely use Med Kit to treat others. And because I know when using med-kits, self-healing is a lot more time-saving than Altruistic Healing, I rarely use it to be Altruistic.

Let's take a look at Add-on, too. Lets first go with threads addon. Well, it's rarely used. Except for the BP party. But it made the party comfortable, so I was satisfied. A Styptic Agent, Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe was reworked. Well, I think it's a pretty good direction. It used to be too OP.

Let's take a look at the toolbox. While Medikit had a slight adjustment, the toolbox had an overall adjustment like a flashlight. This patch was excellent to killers who have constant fighting of the toolbox, and genrush with toolboxes. Because it was hard to balance. The toolbox served as a huge variable for both the killer and the survivor, especially in the gen-rush showdown. Of course the toolboxes piled up in my road-out made me really heartbreaking. You should not get me wrong, but it's true that the nerf in the toolbox was a bit painful. But, of course, we needed to make adjustments. The time advantages from all the upper-grade toolboxes has been tremendously cut back, and many add-ons have been nerfed. Perhaps the most heartbreaking thing was the manual. I didn't even use up the toolbox after the patch note before patch release, cuz when the patch note came up at the time, I only met mori with the toolbox. Entity, please refund the toolbox.

KILLERS' BREATHING)

Where did it go wrong, Did it mentioned in the patch notes? Or was it a submarine patch or a simple bug, but the killer's breathing is too loud now. For example, the rhinitis of the wraith, and the Heavy breath of the Shape. This makes the undetectable killers a great deal of shame. I want you to reduce the volume of that breathing sound as it was.

ADD NEW MOTION OF MORI)

Maybe what it need most is trapper and wraith. Their motion overlaps a lot and is too weak and simple without any personality. There has been a lot of opinion and feedback about trapper using a trap to execute, and the wraith also wants a different execute motion than a simple one.

//

Uh, and I'm sorry. There must have been great content with really old patches and adjustments. I know there are so many improvements. For example, Kindred's buff, Balanced Landing's nerf, there were a lot of cool stuff. But this is a 20-month feedback. I knew there were most of these wonderful things, but there were too many, or I forgot. This is not only a lot of balancing, but also a lot of new killers, new content, and a various audio, different effects, different graphics, different objects, Changes in various mechanisms and so on. including Countless debugges, and optimization.

Uh, please forgive me for just passing this part.

//

Oh, all of a sudden with the above, It reminded me the mettle of man. This was the first time I ever quit playing DBD and went to play another game (PUBG or Overwatch) like Mathiue recommended. Uh, really, most of our community quit playing games at this time. It is really sad that people who quit the game rarely come back and it took me for a long time too. You really need to be careful when you do balance patches, no matter how different balance patches lead to the loss of existing users, there's nothing to beat this MOM era. It was a terrible dark ages back then, when all the killers cling desperately to Nurse and the mori, and all the survivors used their mettle, BT and DS.

UPCOMING 4.3.0 PERK BALANCE PATCH FEEDBACK)

TRAIL OF TORMENT)

I think it's a pretty good buff. Of course it's not patched, and we have to do some research, but I expect this could create a powerful synergy with a dragon's grip. Sounds like a lot of fun. Of course, It is also possible no one might use it anyway. Well, I think it was a good buff.

BLOOD PACT)

I'm a little careful, I'm afraid it would be too powerful a perk. Isn't this OP? Well, I think obviously it's OP. The effect of increasing the speed of movement is an effect to be really careful about.

ANY MEANS NECESSARY)

I don't think this buff is excessive. It's a good buff. As we were concerned at first, resetting the pallet and the resetting pallets on trial didn't happen very much. There has been a way for the killer to respond. Of course, I wish killers had more clues to notice any means necessary.

CRUEL LIMITS)

Uh, I'm still wondering if I should use this. I'm not sure it would be used.

FOR THE PEOPLE)

Wait, Wasn't there no score effect? Really? I mean, it's actually the same as Healing, right? I haven't noticed that there has been no score effect so far!

MINDBREAKER)

Uh, even in the present meta, Nurse is only a killer of a small number of cases, but never other killers. It was good trying to buff, but I'm never going to use it on walkers.

SLIPPERY MEAT)

We are never gonna use it. It's meaningless we never use it anyway. Uh, I'm sorry to Trapper, but I never use this perk to counter him. I'm sorry, I won't use it. This perk is only meaningful to a SWF armed with Vigo's jars and Up the Ante.

THANATOPHOBIA)

No, never. I'm not. I will never use it. We never think Thanatophobia is a powerful perk, even if it's used by Legion. Thanatophobia has rarely been a powerful perk in fact. Especially after 2.6.0. Well, it doesn't matter to us if the perk is more nerf. I won't use it anyway. Still, when it comes to perk balancing, it's better to make perk more usefull what we never use. Uh, but in the case of 4.3.0 Thanato, it's worth considering using in the case of Legion. We'll find out about this again after a few months of research after going through patch 4.3.0.

WE'RE GONNA LIVE FOREVER)

Well, it's pretty good to make another use of Perk's. It is pretty good to add a way to get tokens. And the heal speed of a survivor in a dying state, yeah it's good effect. Well, but isn't this too much OP? I mean, a dying survivor's heal is still fast.cuz this is originally fast. So we're hoping for a diversified play, like a killer playing sluggings. I'm not saying the playstyle keeps killer slugging on 2 sacrificed and 2 still survive OR, keep killer never hook and slugging. I mean sometimes slugging, in the middle term of the game. On the other hand, I think the heal speed is a bit fast. It means, the heal speed is originally fast in basic. The heal speed from dying state needs to be adjust. Uh, don't get me wrong, I'm not sure it's clearly OP. Let's see if it's at 4.30.

TECHNICIAN)

That's pretty cool! But when we discussed this perk, the dominant opinion was that even if The Generator Explosion prevented 100%, we would never use it. This will be a really useful perk for survivors suffering from skill checks. There's a downside to go with Feng's teaching, but it's a pretty good option for the noobs. Oh, of course, we never use it. It's for noobs.

POP GOES THE WEASEL)

Oh, come on. I don't know why you're trying to change the existing meta. With the buff of the pops and the nerf of the HEX:Ruin, we're free from the existing HEX all-in-meta, but HEX:Undying is trying to reverse this. But if you're nerf pops again, It'll choke off Meta's diversification. If the time limit for popps is nerf, this works nerf only to walkers and does not have much impact on nurse, spirits and Nightmare. I don't know why killers can't afford to use popps and should use it before chasing survivors, and why survivors should feel very comfortable and relieved with DS.

• God_Prof
    Options

3)

REPOSITIONING THE HEX TOTEM)

Do you know that we've got skilled players memorizing all the locations where the hex totem can come out? It's a little difficult for an indoor map, but we still can memorize a lot of possible numbers. Please reposition the totem, please do something about the totem floating in the middle of Disturbed Ward. It really drives killer players using HEX to real Asylum. Oh, and that totem spot right behind the pallet on the killer shack, do you think that's really the right spot? Hmm... Oh, and in case of Coldwind Farm, Always there is a totem in the middle of the corn fields. Especially Rotten Fields. In the case of farm maps, I'd like to make them spawn IN THAT MAPS totems to the outside, or look for more places to hide. Well, this could also produce statistics. Statistics won't be difficult because totems are spawned by one of the designated locations. I'm not sure if the BHVR receives feedback from the game and stores logs about the location of the totem and its cleaning totem. Which totem will be cleaned up first, consider the balance of each position.

RESELL FUNCTION OF UNUSED ADD-ONS)

BHVRs often create add-ons that really seem like no one would ever use some add-ons. The add-ons, often completely alter the killer's performance, have meaningless effects, or never use them because of heavy penalties. For example, there may be no end, but the add-ons mentioned a lot above. Although BHVR said in the past that they would consider adding a resell option as an add-on or a feature to resell items we never use, we don't know how this discussion process is going. We don't expect to resell the cost as it is, but it would be very reasonable if we could resell it at half the price. However, the BHVR seems to be negative about the reselling of items that the survivor obtained from the trial. We don't understand why this is a problem. Like the concept of using Bloodweb and Offering, we think that item and add-on also burnt to the entity (like the offerings) and grant back less Blood points than that price is very well suited to the concept. Oh, no... you didn't forget to consider this, did you? Oh, come on! Didn't you forget to consider it, right? I remember you said three and a half years ago that you might consider creating a market collecting low-level offerings or add-ons for higher or better add-ons or offerings.

KILLERS REQUIRING REWORK STATISTICALLY)

First, I think we need to look mainly at statistics from the red rank. A low pick rate doesn't mean it's a bad killer, nor does a high pick rate mean a good killer. Likewise, a high kill rate does not mean a good killer "absolutely," nor does a low kill rate mean a bad killer "absolutely." In other words, the current statistics are partly exaggerated for various reasons. That is, for some low-pick-rate killers, only really skilled killers are more likely to choose that killer. These really great killers will have a very high understanding of the killer, and will only use very strong add-ons relatively. If that happens, the kill rate is likely to be set relatively higher. Thus, the Devs will need a statistical analysis of the pick rate * kill rate, or a combination of it, rather than seeing the kill rate itself.

ENDGAME COLLAPSE: PATCH FEEDBACK)

Oh really, the man who came up with this system must be a genius. This system was really great. Each other, We really don't want the game to continue to drag on. Even if it's a game that's already out of order, it really makes players tired and annoyed to keep dragging their feet. There were several times in our community that a survivor and a killer confronted each other for hours right in front of the hatch. LOL It was really boring when I stopped the hatch from acting.

By the way, based on current vision, most of us play with only 99.9 percent of the gate open. This worked even better in cases like NOED, where survivors have more chance to clean up their NOED totem and rescue others without the pressure of time. But in the case of Japan, most of them don't, they completely open the door. I don't know if this is the intended way of play, but anyway. Some people argued that the gate open charge should shrink again quickly if someone is not touching the gate.

EVEN IF YOU DO FINGER MOTION, CROWS COME OUT.)

We are satisfied with this patch. We really don't want the game to get longer because the survivor keeps wasting time.

It was one of the great patches. Was it done at 4.0.0?

SURRENDER FUNCTION)

But despite the AFK crows, I'm dissatisfied with the fact that there are survivors who keep dragging their feet. For example, if there's 4 Gen or 5 Gen left, and there's two survivors sacrificed, and there's only two survivors left, we think it's a game-over, but if two survivors continue to hide without repairing the generator, it really turns the game into a hide-and-seek and makes the killer really crazy. Sometimes the community asks what about adding the surrender function. We thought about the possibility that the surrender function could be abused. The surrender function would be ideal if it were to be used in a situation where both survivors and killers were reasonable and agreeable when the game was no longer promising. However, some have pointed out that if there are "survivors with bad mental conditions," the surrender function can be abused in a way similar to DC. Also, a lot of people pointed out that some can depip them through defeat-abusing. I think we still have to think very carefully about the surrender function. Instead, if the generator's repair percentage is not making progress, or if there is little progress (including the survivor just touch-pass the generator slightly for a few seconds), In this case a slight improvement seems necessary, so that makes the AFK crows hover over the survivors' heads. Think about this once.

Some may ask if there is a surrender function or not, which makes a difference. The presence of capitulation in the game has the effect of deviating from players' stereotypes. In other words, without the surrender function, players will hide themselves as best they can whatever the game goes, but since the surrender function exists, we offer the idea to consider surrender in a hopeless game. We looked deeply into why the survivors, despite their is no surrender function, did not surrender a game practically hopeless, in the way that survivor showed up. However, many people could not understand the reason for surrender or even think about or consider the option to surrender. If the surrender function exists, we expect to provide the survivors with a reasonable "option" so that they can proceed faster with the hopeless game.

SWFS ISSUE)

We have many opinions about the swfs. First of all, BHVR's position was that it would never display the swf information in the in-game, but who knows? In any case, many killers and solo-players seem to recognize that this swf is one of the unreasonable game structures. Of course, many swfs survivors will have much to refute about this. Let's discuss it gradually. As far as I know, the swfs patch was made at 1.0.3. According to the history, it was first introduced in 07/12/2016, received a huge protest over the balance issue, and was formally introduced in 07/15. Some community members argue that early DBD BHVRs had negative opinions about the swfs patch. If you use the swfs voice chat function, there is a risk of ruining the basic concept of the game that you were dragged as a victim of the entity. Of course, from a PVP standpoint, the basic concept of the game is not important, but it will be worth thinking about. In fact, from the point of view of PVP competition, the multiplay swf function itself is not a big problem. It doesn't matter if you play with someone you want to play with. We can enjoy each other's games, and the close altruism among survivors can be added to the game's charm. However, playing the game together is not a problem, but it is very crucial that real-time briefings get involved in the game through Discord or voice chat. Of course, there are few ways of communicating with each other in gmae under DBD's basic gaming system, and this restriction becomes completely 'unlimited' when discords are used. Again, playing with a friend together is not a problem, and being balanced while briefing a friend is a completely different problem. In this regard, we need to think very deeply about concepts, balance, and the basic structure and goals of the game. Many people agreed that the game was structured on a solo-player basis, and that many perks were also designed on a solo basis. Some may argue this, but if we include the swfs in the balance, Imagine this: if the swfs is considered a sin and the number of swfs is reduced to one-tenth as it is now, should the BHVR re-balance the killer and the survivor? Or, if the swfs changes rapidly in perception among users with some kind of party or festival, and the multswfs ratio among users becomes 10 times that of DBD, where it is basic for everyone playing with four, should we then buff the killer and let the survivor nerf? Should we patch the game based on a four-swfs basis, delete all the oura sharing perks, or rework them all? moreover If that happens, the discussion of the swfs will also be meaningless. It's all 4-swfs, so making this discussion will be meaningless.

Why does swfs have the advantage over solo? As I said before, there is a big difference between sharing all the information and not sharing it.

We'll all agree that Discord voice chat offers tremendous gains in gameplay from outside of the game. However, whether this benefit is fair or unfair may be a point of issue. In other words, in a game designed on a solo basis, the Discord is actually the same as using all kinds of Oura perks at the same time. In other words, Solo uses another perk for oura using, but in the case of swfs, it replaces it with a voice chat. The pallet, JungleGym information, killer location, doing, gen point, etc. is advantageous in everything, and the ability of the killer to be designed in solo, the balance of the game, map balance, perk balance, etc. is advantageous in everything. Then, it's a loss to the player who plays with a solo player. Is this discrimination against solo? Anyway, solo players are relatively losing money. Anyway, the problem of solo vs. swfs will never be a simple problem.

Also, in matching time. Compared to solo survivors, multi-swf survivors have a relatively low matching wait time. This is also one of the unreasonable game systems. So, are we saying that we should delete the swfs function now? Definitely NOT. Although it is a very unreasonable gaming system from the PVP perspective, swfs can add special fun to the game by playing with friends. Also, the growth of the game, the influx of new players, etc. greatly affects the success of the game.

"So you mean you've never played swfs, huh?" Oh, of course, I've played with my offline friends, or my girlfriend and it's a lot of fun. We're not saying we should delete the swfs function. I'm just saying that there is a need for some minor adjustment.

As I said earlier, DBD is a zero-sum asymmetric PVP competition. so, that game structure brings SWF an advantage over solo survivors. The reason why zero-sum games are important is because, for example, another game, Escape From Tarkov, is complicated to say that it is a only matter of dying or living. Since the ultimate goal of the game is looting and escape, Teaming is being recommended within the game play. Another example, PUBG, is a symmetrical PVP competition game in which all players can play DUO or squad. As you get closer to other mainstream games such as Overwatch and LOL(they are all symmetrical though), the games are hard to compare with DBD because they have separate rank matches and Quick matches. Unlike DBD, the games also have a sophisticated MMR system, unlike DBD, due to years of data accumulation and improved algorithms, and sometimes limit the number of team members who can play with, such as MMR limits. In any case, the key is to provide lethal benefits to the gaming system.

At this point, the swf lovers could say, "If you have complaints, you can just play in swf? why don't you?" But it's inappropriate to say, "If you have a complaint, do it!" to point out an unreasonable gaming system. When Spirit and Nurse were so OP than they are now, "If you have complaints, you can play the killer with Nurse or Spirit," or "If you have complaints about the keys and the mori, you can use them.", and one step over, "If you have complaints about game, you can just go out and make your own game with your own company startup." Sounds odd, isn't it? Someone may want to purely enjoy its own game (i.e., the basic concept) of playing DBD alone. But no one would be happy that they should be discriminated against relatively disadvantageously.

When we coordinated all the opinions of these solo survivors, the swf players, and the killers, we concluded that the most appropriate alternative was to display the swf in the in-game. Of course, killer users will be more likely to leave the room or use Mori if they mark the swf. However, we can solve these problems very simply by giving the killer a bonus BP when playing games with swf. We have concluded countless times that these alternatives are the best, and that if these two alternatives are applied, all players will be happy. If Blood Point Rewards are properly provided and the killer is informed of the swf, it will be worth a "Challenge" with a stronger and better add-on even if the killer is at a disadvantage. Or someone could just Enjoy the Blood Point purpose. Well, then, it may take longer to match, but think about it. Why can't solo take advantage of the game while it's already swfs taking advantage of the game? Imagine that: if as we assumed before, 99% of the current match is swfs, can killer users continue to leave the room for 1% of the solo and search for a solo room? Is that possible? Killer users, too, will find a suitable compromise and just start a proper swf match for themselves, such as Duo, if swfs users are too "tremendous numbers''. That will automatically make them a suitable site, just as The law of supply and demand.

Yeah, like someone who's the survivor main of BHVR said, if you keep Dodge games with swf players, It won't help you improve your skills playing killer. It is natural that "Challenge" to swf will help improve the game's performance because of its tremendous advantages. But not all games are aimed at improving your skills. It's not for every player's game. It completely ignores the various purposes of the game. So, is BHVR making games which players get to improve its gaming skills? And, the same logic can go with swfs survivors too. If you always play in swf, your survivors skill will never gonna be good. You can't always force a game to improve its own skills. I think the killer should be able to choose whether to play a game that can improve his or her skills or to play a game for other purposes. And if we keep going out of swfs's room, we'll lose both the killer and the survivor. Killer means he won't play the game with swfs even if he gives up his matching time. If the killer's time to match himself is precious, he might play a game with swfs. If someone keeps leaving the room matter, you can consider improving the matching structure by giving the leavers a lower matching priority. It's like when you get out of the long queue, you have to go to the end of the queue and stand back.

Oh, BTW it's really annoying to keep putting the same room that I left. Please, I don't want to play games with kids who DC all the time, no matter of swf. Please.

Of course, it's all due to an asymmetrical game structure, an asymmetrical lobbying structure, and so on. But I think this is the surest alternative.

Of course, there is a lot to say about the private and public of the steam profile, but I want to move on because displaying swf DBD itself will solve all the multicuret problems.

Indeed, we are really curious about the ratio of the swfs of the Red-Purple Rank game, the proportion of how much swf is played in each rank, and the rate of survival when playing the swf in the red-purple Rank. Obviously, We are pretty sure survival rates would be a huge difference. Did you see the Video 2 above? Uh, of course it's Pro level over there, but the game goes on like that in swfs.

SERVER DELAY ISSUES; JUDGMENT OF GAME SYSTEM AND DEADHARD ISSUES)

In the case of Korean DBD, Dedicated Server exists, and except for overseas users who sometimes use VPN, they are in their 40s ping and experience a very pleasant game environment. We took it very positively that the Dedicated Server existed. Of course, there's some of a matchmaking problem.

However, the use of VPN has a problem now, why not in the past when it was the P2P method? It's a simple matter. Because in the past, the pings were marked and shared in the match lobby, so if the opponent's pings were too bad, whether they were survivors or killers, they could leave the room. However, after the server was created, various judgments were made through the server. But the basic attack-hit is still a killer-first decision. This killer-first decision has not changed from the original, so a fair hit can still occur, but a high delay often leads to an unreasonable judge. For example, many players experience unreasonable judgments due to delays when it comes to deterring deadhards and killers.

Specifically, the survivor uses deadhards to evade attacks and become exhausted (at the same time) as the previous P2P method, but after dedicated server, from the killer's point of view, the survivor is struck as the deadhards begin and suffer exhaustion. And, unlike an attack and hit, the killer's other behaviors are also not a killer-first judgment, it is transmitted to the server, and from the killer's point of view, the interrupting motion seems started, but it is often cancelled.

In order to address these areas, it is necessary to adjust priorities in some judges, such as invincible adjudication of deadhard and interrupting of action. And, a more fundamental problem is the delay with the server. Therefore, displaying end-to-end RTT with ping in the lobby is the key to solving this problem. While displaying pings with the server in the lobby may help to indicate connection status and fair attack-hit, it may be difficult to expect a fair judge if the other user is away from the server and the delay is long.

MATCHMAKING PROBLEM: FROM ORIGINAL RANK TO RATING)

The current DBD is on a rank matchmaking system. Although it took a long time, BHVR admitted that years of efforts and progress to match the "rank" and "emblem" didn't work out much in the end. The problem of many of these years' changes and matchmaking is almost jaw-dropping. As many people know, this problem occurs due to the feature of asymmetric games, where the win/loss cannot be accurately divided once.

Creating a rating system is something the developers have to do, but um... The question is which algorithm would be good. Personally, I think it's enough to solve the problem with only two indicators: the number of hooks and the number of kills for killers, and in survivors case, there would also be 2 or 3: the chase time(maybe per pallet, and affects pallet leftover), and finally escape rate. If this isn't enough, then maybe it's time to include gen fix time or numbered in hook or some kinds of survivors escaped or not who played with, too. If the kill number is multiplied by a certain multiple to add it to the number of hooks and each gets feedback on this rating score... well... Is that I'm too naive? Anyway, good luck. I hope developers can develop indicators that accurately represent survival rates and ability indicators. Despite a lot of improvements and efforts, the existing emblem system ended up failing.

This means that the generator, the altruistic emblem of altruism, and the Malicious and chaser emblem were not so much an indicator reflected in the skills of survivors and killers. In other words, the reflection rate was set too high, treating four emblems equivalent.

Oh, and the idea of Rank Reset, which was the 3.4.0 patch of Rank, was really the worst idea. It has continued to raise the average rank criteria for survivors and brought the conclusion that all survivors are ranked high and overrated. However, with the Green Rank reset, each other's competitiveness was intensified and higher skills were needed to raise the rank.

After the new MMR rating system has been added, it is clear that easing matchmaking delay time and creating a fair match for both local ping and ability will be a fairly difficult and long-standing task. And while some users suggested separating Rank Game and Normal, Our main public opinion was that many players in Korea would have longer delays than they do now, and that is not a good idea considering the days when there were very few killers in the past (MOM era). I think this can be mitigated by simple toggle buttons in matchmaking. That is, simply make a toggle button on top of the Ready button.

RATING FOCUS MATCH <===> QUICK FOCUS MATCH

It's like this.

That is, if you focus on Rating, it will match around users who are similar to their rating, even if it takes a long wait. This will increase the delay but increase the chances of being focused on fair matches. It can be a very good alternative for survivors complaining about their team members having a lot of potatoes, and a good choice for killers suffering from extended matchmaking. Of course, it is natural that the match player's pool is too narrow to be fairly caught, whether it takes more than 10 minutes to wait, regardless of these options, or by easing the match-rating criteria to a wider range of scores. Matching with Quick FOCUSED MATCH increases the likelihood of users matching with a variety of RATINGs, regardless of their own RATING. Of course, excessive extended matchmaking will have to be avoided, and a proper threshold is certainly needed. Ideal fast matches will not differ two levels of color in their respective ranks, and matching with the same colored rank as possible will be the ideal way of matchmaking.

Also, we hope to print out the latency or expected time of matchmaking during the match. Ideally, it would be ideal to determine the number of matching users at that time, or the number of concurrent users, to output a flexible estimated time, but even if the local matching server estimates the average amount of time required for matchmaking among that region, depend on timezone and day of the week, many players will be satisfied with this.

Of course, separating the quick match could be one way. I know BHVR considered creating a rank-free mode four years ago. As I said, we are negative about this opinion. We don't have enough user pool to make it.

BAN OF AUTO MACRO (AFK BOT)

Oh, come on. We really, really, really hate this. I don't know if servers in other countries are like that, but we find this phenomenon very serious. In Korea, killers often turn bots around in many low ranks. They probably get a million BP a day as a return from ruining others' games, right? But reporting bots requires a very complicated process. We know that in-game reporting requires a huge accumulation of reports in order to actually do a ban, and we need video evidence to report it to the Help Center. But not everyone is recording the play.And it takes quite a while for the Help Center to passively confirm the ban. Nevertheless, we all know that the punishment is made up of soft bans.

I'm not sure if bot abuse should correspond to days of soft vans or permanent vans, because I've never benefited unfairly from running bots. But we're going through this very hard, and I really want to ask you if there's a fundamental solution.

I think that if bot activity is detected, BP, shrine, rift fragments, etc. that have been unfairly profited from it should be confiscated and the ban should be longer than it is now. Of course some of our community claimed permanent bans. And I'd really like to ask that the users who are suspicious of using bots by repeatedly entering them in one fixed place, if they can get a little CAPTCHA message in the lobby. Oh, I'm sure that one small window will destroy all those bots.

This bot really destroys the ecosystem of the low rank. Naturally, the killer rank of bot players is 14-20 rank, but the expansion match is hurting people in Green Rank, and survivors below Green Rank are unable to play normal games because of these bots.

This is contributing greatly to the fact that people in the lower ranks are actually overrated and rising to the higher ranks on our servers. And it also greatly contributes to the longer matchmaking wait times for low rank killers. Because they can play games 24/7, and they keep matching unless they're playing games, so many queues become bot killers before the queues come to normal players.

Oh, please, do something with the bot players.

DC PENALTY)

We talked about the DC penalty above, but we don't want to play with someone who keeps DC. They are in a negative state of mind that lowers the quality of the entire game and makes other players feel unpleasant in-game or chatting or steam profile. Even before the DC penalty, BHVR insisted that players' DC logs were always kept on the server, and that BHVR could observe them closely, but the reality is different. We are experiencing very low quality games by tremendous DC. We hope the DC penalty will be applied again, ASAP. It took quite a while for the DC penalty to be created, and when it was finally applied we felt the game quality was very elevated, but it is questionable why this penalty is not being used now.

I think we should reapply this penalty as soon as possible. Some DC enthusiasts argue, "It's because the killer plays Toxic," but it's not. Survivors do DC because they are caught and killed (even though it is the first hook) and the killers do DC because he cannot catch the survivors. Survivors can also DC because their opponents play strong killers. I'm sure BHVR knows about this. For certain killers, there is a statistical basis for an overwhelming increase in the DC ratio.

More concretely, when developers on past twitch streams claim that Nightmare do not need any buff more and Nightmare is a strong killer, they cited the high DC ratio when Nightmare is released. (It's really fun to refer to the DC ratio in the Balance Patch.)

If you refer to the DC ratio on the balance patch, I wonder if the DC ratio raises the some killer buff, if we always carry it with you and start DC as soon as you start.

This DC thing is incredibly stressful, whether it's a survivor or a killer. We'd like to play a normal game, please. This DC is a problem but also the problem we're talking about involves "Try Self Escape and Give Up Fatigue" as soon as the survivor first gets caught on the hook.First of all, I really want you to make a matchmaking penalty for DC. and thanks to BHVR, that was finally made at the final checkup of this article.

We've discussed the issue of this second, giving up fatigue, and there are a few ways; First, I think the system should keep a close eye on them.

That's to include it in the players' data. Of course, sometimes there's a game where there's no hope or despair, where you can "take a chance to self-escape" by hooking three people in the basement, which is quite possible in a regular game that means hopeless to escape.

And when there are only two survivors left, the hooked survivor can "give up fatigue" to give the other survivor a chance to escape to Hatch. It's definitely possible in a regular game, too.

However, if the player's probability is too high than the statistical probability in a regular game, you need to keep an eye on the player.

Second, we should be able to report this "intentional defeat, or bypass DC behavior" in Ingame. What if someone falsely reports this item? Hmm, well, let's replace it with the answer from #30 QNA on DBD Devs streaming. "If you get a lot of reports, there must be a reason." If you even get a report from a killer, it's probably really for a reason.

Third, this action should be very lethal to rank or rate. That makes sense. A selfish player who wants to go to the next game in a negative state of mind because he's first hooked, doesn't deserve a high rating. But there is also a counterargument to this opinion. If it is used for intentional rank-downs, this result will be very terrible.

Therefore, I hope that BHVR can create a reasonable system by combining all three alternatives. Like, thirdly, you can put a low priority on matchmaking rather than rating adjustments, or you can create a troll zone by creating matches only among "giving up" people. Or if it's not enough, you could end up using a soft ban or something.

A really interesting thing that was suggested from our community is to post a DC rate or a game-giving up rate on top of the player's nickname in the lobby! If it goes beyond a certain threshold, Let it print out. Oh, you'll see with your eyes that really don't want to play with each other. Of course, if you have no idea about DC or giving up games, you'll just play with them.

We've been discussing a lot of alternatives to DC, and we think it's a really serious issue that makes the rest of us very annoying. There were many interesting alternatives, for example, to drain blood points from DC survivors, and to distribute blood points to all other players.

Not long after finishing this article, the DC penalty was reactivated. We are very pleased with this change. Also, I hope you will actively review the use of stronger penalties. So, not resetting the DC penalty just because I played one or two normal games, but it's a matter of how much the system remembers the player DC.

We don't know exactly how the stacking algorithms of DC penalties work, but the DC experience will outline the DC algorithm, and if the opinion persists that this penalty is not enough, we will provide this penalty to enhance feedback again.

MATCH CANCEL MECHANISM)

It's one of the best 19' patches. The system that cancels the game and returns the offering when one person disconnected while loading the game was great. However, you need to know that some people are maliciously abusing it for the Dodge Game. Of course, it's not a threat now because it's not a large number, but you have to know that it can be a bigger problem later on.

TRANSLATION QUALITY ISSUES)

Are you listening to us? Actually, I don't think BHVR is listening to us. Already, countless Korean players have been sending DBD Help Center emails, complaining in Reddit, complaining in official forums... Oh, I don't think there's any improvement at all. We think bhvr is ignoring us cuz koran DBD market is not big enough to focus on, in our community. I think that was not like this when Alex was in DBD, please listen to us. If there is no chance of such exchange of opinions with the translation company, we can translate it ourselves. Really. Are you even curious about the quality of Korean translation? Oh, there's a lot of evidence. For example, That was translated to "Blind or Stun" in an archive challenge that requires "Blind"... We also suffer mistranslated it in the opposite way by confusing speed and time. We're not surprised to read the translated text and look for the original English text again when new PTBs or new contents are released. Rather, we can translate better.

ADDITIONAL DLC REWARDS)

We had some opinions that we should receive the additional bonus currency reward after purchasing dlc. This is for new users to start the game.

Currency would maybe be a bonus blood point. Everyone insisted it differently but about a or half million points must be the general view I guess.

If bhvr value customers enjoying DLCs. I’m not sure that selling BP with golden cells is right or not and there have been various opinions about this, but We think we should offer some BP at least a new game starter or who purchased DLCs. In fact, We hope some bonuses can be offered for people not only dlc buyers but also starters of the game as well, something we could call noob boost! + 50 % bp or + 25 % bp is likely to be a fair level.

For those who first started the game, We need a lot of BP until up to when we get necessary perks to a teachable to play.This gives new users frustration more than HEX:Ruin. and the Tutorial reward BP is such a penny for it.

RANK COMPENSATION)

I heard you guys are making up compensation for Rank. You've mentioned this several times in streaming. And internally, we know you've set standards for rank compensation, and we've seen it in the leak. We don't understand why you haven't actually patched it yet. Is it something of an abuse concern? We hope to be this patch soon.

IMPROVEMENTS OF PROPS (PROPS IN ENGLISH?)

Oh, I'm really 100% sure you guys forgot this. It's been almost four years since your notice started. Like an Overwatch, BHVR might have expected to pop a message to the player who got props when it clicked on the results page. And you said you'd let us see how many times other players praised him. I'm 100% sure you guys forgot this. I can bet on a million BP on this.

PROGRESS DATA SHARING PATCH FOR MULTIPLATFORM(SWITCH AND CONSOLE))

I left it saying I hope it comes out soooooon, but it was patched in the final inspection of this article! We are very cool to share the progress with Crossplay! It would be great to support this feature on all platforms, and we'll be very happy that BHVR is providing it.

THE UNIFICATION RARITY OF PERK BY PIP.

Well, it seems great! we were so not interested in this inconsistent rare or pip. In the past, a good perk didn't guarantee purple. Is a good patch.

PATCHING OF MOTION AND EFFECT)

We really like the vulnerable effect! It's really one of the effects that brings tension and fear to the survivors.

Bloodlust effect is also good. But the effect is too much. It's the main cause of the momentary interruption and frame drops and games. We need to adjust it.

Well, I like the new motion of the generator. I have a question of whether it was necessary, but I'm going to throw it away.

6 SECONDS ITEM SWITCH IN LOBBY)

killers could can see the Items of the survivors. But some dirty survivors abuse it, too. Item switch in six seconds can force the killer not to respond. Well, the switch to the item, we think we should be able to do it until 15 seconds. Well, Isn't there any problem now in six seconds, the integrity of the switch? Yes, go ahead whatever you want.

"My connection got 'unexpectedly' cut off on the game load”, " Oops! Maybe This is happening to survivors by 6 seconds switches! I have no way to play wih survivors who switch his item 6 seconds!"

ARCHIVE AND CHALLENGE FEEDBACK)

As I said earlier, the archive was a very good system. That refreshed the game by giving players new goals, providing a variety of background stories, and getting great charms and skins. The price of the premium was also good, and the reward was excellent.

Well, however, we knew that the charms and skins of season return would come to the store, and we really wonder when it would be. Maybe, it will be soooo...oooon, right? Just, make it sure you would not forget about this.

OPTIMIZATION)

It seems we have some players suffering frame drop. These complaints are also mentioned much in our communities. As constant as the balance is also a problem for the optimization problem and can not be perfect in technology, We understand that it's not gonna perfect on the level of bhvr's tech. But we hope the improvements could be quickly made, and enough.

IMPROVED CONVENIENCE UI)

DBD now has so many different perks. Also, it is annoying and takes time to find a perk. Currently, the perk pages are five and six pages long, so the number of perk pages is very large to find. Of course, the perk's rarity improved, but there was a slight difference from the answers we found.

We suggested a preset, which would make three or four presets from survivors and killers, and allow each character to use this preset as a one-click. In addition, a method of adding a search function between the top of the images of the perks compartment was also suggested. I want this preset method added to DBD.

PROVIDING A REPLAY)

We discussed new DBD features that would be good to add, but I think this will be the best. We can only use now to record our own plays as an external recording program and to replay our own plays. However, if you add a replay style in game, such as PUBG or overwatch, you will know exactly where and what other survivor or killer players did, and it will be very helpful in improving their game play skills, and can also be used very easily in handling Cheater's reporting. Still, me and many users complain about needing video evidence for the type of cheating that seems easy to detect, and most players don't play games while recording. Providing the replay function could be a lot more challenging to develop, and while it would require a various optimizations, I'm sure this option could provide a better gaming experience for many players.

Also, it would be good to provide a detailed view of the play. We may be curious about how long the survivors continue their chase, which players have turned the generator around, which players have acted altruistically, and which players have been good at heals, etc. It would also be good to provide a way to print these statistics in detail.

PROVIDING STREAMER MODE)

BHVR nailed that Stream Snipe is not subject to punishment nor report. Of course, I don't want to argue that this is right or wrong, but some streamers are having a Stream Sniping problem, and using external programs also cover nicknames. We think that providing these functions in games is one way. It can be set in Options, and it is to cover all other players' names and print out nicknames for random numbers. I don't think it's hard to develop or implement this.

Now to be honest, even when Gaem director Mathiue came to G-Star in Korea, there was a stream snipe! Mathiue was dealing with a hag that he claimed to be an outstanding killer at the time.

MAP TOURS, IMPROVED TRAINING FUNCTIONS, EVEN AI)

We hope these functions will be added.

A map tour or a practice function? BHVR said they had no intention of adding this to the balance issue. Then we have no choice but to use this in the custom game. If you don't have friends with killers or survivors to practice with, you can't even look around the map or practice with :( We have a lot of feedback that this is unreasonable. I wish we could take a look around the map by ourselves.

Uh, and there's an opinion about the AI bot, and most of us don't expect BHVR to make this happen, but I'll pass on some players' opinions. Because the potatoes in the regular game are really frustrating, there was one that asked for more AI bots, one that asked for more AI bots to ease the excessive waiting time, and one that said it would be better if there were AI bots survivors or killers in practice mode. In the case of AI, they said they would be enough to just by running straight.

• God_Prof
    Options

4)

MOD AND MULTINATIONAL CHAT SUPPORT ISSUES)

As you know, DBD does not support multi-language input functions on its own. Since we use a completely non-English language, we do not know to what extent DBD chat supports a language (only full English?).

It is not that we are suggesting ourselves to support the input function of other language chat in DBD. However, we already know how to use many third-party programs that can be entered in Unicode, and this method has the advantage of being able to enter Korean, Japanese or other non-English languages.

We have been quite satisfied with this method, and we have become widely known about these uses of the method, but we are not really happy with someone using Korean chat.

This is very interesting, and if you want to use the Korean language for sophisticated chatting, the person mostly uses it to insult others. Therefore, if we have people who use Korean in chatting, they have a very bad mental state, don't respect others, and most of them swear at others. Of course, English-speaking people use fluent and sophisticated chatting in English, to attack others with it, but in our case, Korean is often introduced with these assistance programs.

In most normal cases who respect othres, we don't need these sophisticated languages. "GG, EZ, camper, WP, LOL, sry, thx, FY, etc." is sufficient. We don't need to speak long, and I think the performance and skill of in-game is enough to show everything.

We know that in the case of Japan, or in other languages, they use this English chat as it is. In other words, in the case of Japanese, it is often used to communicate in English as it is pronounced in Japanese.

So far, pretty funny things have happened, but we're keeping an eye on the possibility that this could be exploited as an avoidance of DBD chat rules. In other words, according to the DBD chat rules, some chatting is prohibited. This includes racism, real threats of attack, etc. However, we are well aware that there is no Korean mod, and there is no community manager. This applies equally to other non-English-speaking countries of small cultures. We hope that a solution to this exists. There may be some solutions, but we are worried that the way DBD completely blocks Korean or other non-English chatting on its own may be too much of a limit.

We think that DBD can solve some non-English speaking countries or even small market countries by paying attention. If a Korean community manager or moderator existed, we would be very happy about this.

Well, this is one of the most sophisticated minor issues to deal with. How can we solve this?

THE PROBLEM OF KILLER SPECTATING IN A CUSTOM GAME)

In fact, this one is the biggest problem of the custom game. There are some ways and purpose to play custom games, most of them are games customized for friends, customizing DBD with their own rules. or, we use it experimenting with some killers' ability, or experimenting with maps or survivors' movements or game mechanisms. or we use it for Scrimmage or competition.

But in the case of Scream and Composition, the watching killer view problem in this custom game is quite critical. In other words, as you all know, when you spectate from the killer's point of view, the camera shakes or moves abnormally, unlike the player's point of view.

Is this a much off-priority issue? In order for DBD competition to become more active, these issues need to be corrected quickly. And for the replay function that users are really looking forward to, this bug needs to be fixed. I'm sure a similar mechanism will be a problem for replay.

COUNTLESS BUGS)

It's a pity that we don't have many opportunities to give feedback on the many bugs we know, as we enjoy playing games more than enjoying communication at the official Devs window.

But besides us, we believe that there are outstanding forum players who will continue to give feedback on this item, and hope to give feedback on the little-known bug.

In case of oni demon lunges, there is an abnormal movement angle of the camera.

Although the attack hit the survivor, Oni's motion and camera would rotate to an abnormal range.

Despite not hitting the survivor, Oni's motion and camera rotate to the abnormal angle.

Based on an understanding of the lunge mechanism of DBD, it is assumed that abnormal rotation will not have anything to do with the hit judgment, but this often causes a great deal of discomfort and annoyance to many other players.

Abnormal continuous firing of the blinks on nurse)

Let's just say Nurse got really strider. We don't want her rampage blinks, but I think she wants the rampage to blink. This is actually a deadly bug to nurse.

Bugs that blood web does not pass to the next level

This bug is a phenomenon in which the Blood Web is automatically closed and the new Blood Web is not printed after the level has risen, even though all items on the Blood Web have been filled.

When this bug occurs, most of the time other buttons don't work either.

Interestingly, we know the temporary solution to this bug. Press the arrow on the upper right and switch to another character. Only survivors can solve this bug in this way.

If the killer is unlucky, we may have to restart the game.

a bug that continues to hear the moaning of survivors from the hook in which the survivor was sacrificed.

The moment a survivor goes down, the survivor is rearranged and the position is teleported.

You guys, is this arranged by map tile? Well, do you really need to? If you're trying to stop killers from getting caught in objects when they mori, I think you're mistaken. Or, this could be caused by connection status and delays with the server. I think that when a client-server is placed in a high-latency state (a delay caused by severe packet loss or connection failure), the survs or killer teleporting occurs well in DBD, and there is a possibility that it can occur when survs get down.

In fact, I don't think it's meaningful to talk about issues now. A lot of bugs will be revived in the 4.3.0 patch.

2020-10-16 TWITCH STREAMING FEEDBACK)

As for the event, We've already seen it in the leak, so there hasn't been a huge explosion. Nevertheless, it is a pleasure for many players to enjoy Halloween and Halloween events in DBD. We are ready to enjoy this event. Event item, event add-on, sounds great!

Despite 3AM (in KST), we've shared some hot and live responses to this streaming.

The most central topic of them is the adjustment of the number of pallets. We're now going through a very intense period of balance between maps and between survivors and killers. This is because, at the core, the intense conflict of opinion between the two balances is that proficiency is not functioning at all in matchmaking between survivors and killers. In other words, it must be matched between similarly skilled survivors and similarly skilled killers, whose extreme imbalance in the number of players mess up this matchmaking pool, and the killer ability and understanding of killer players increase as time goes by. By comparison, because of the extreme imbalance in the number of players, similarly, survivors play with countless potatoes.(Don't think you're not the potato.) The current broken rank matchmaking system acts as a total direct hit to this balance.

So, where should the balance be? Should we acknowledge this imbalance of matches, and balance the potatoes against killer experts so that they can easily escape without improving the system for any matchmaking? Or recognize this match asymmetry and modify this system so that the killers of similar skills can only be matched between survivors of really, absolutely similar skills. And would it be ideal to let this imbalance of survivors/killers endure the inevitable difference in the number of players between survivors and killers, or to make them want to kill more in such a way as to attract playing killer to a lot of Blood Point rewards, so that they can transfuse a lot of new blood into the killer to relieve the match waiting time?

If we improve matchmaking in this way, we could discuss proper maps and survival/killer balance, excluding potato survivors who can only whine at forums every day (By actually making matches with the Noob killers who fit their level). And, as I keep saying before, the killer's pick rate and the killer's proficiency have a very significant inverse relationship.

When a killer's performance is very poor, and it is difficult to use or utilize his ability, basically, people who play the killer professionally choose the killer with a relatively powerful add-on. In this very low-pick-rate race between potatoes and professional users, potatoes are more likely to die easily, even if they are bad characters. On the other hand, potatoes also meet a generally powerful killer chosen by normal killer players (i.e., a high-potential killer who can perform very strongly depending on the use of his skills, and also requires a high degree of skill to practice and deal with). When they meet them, the potatoes will be cooked well.

This is going to be a great frustration for the potatoes. So rather than thinking about GETTING GOOD on playing, the killer's ability OP, the survivor's perk's garbage, the map balance is always in the direction of the killer, and the killer's perk's over-OP, which is all they have to do is whine to the forum every day. Oh, it was fun not to show MMR in the experimental patch of MMR. If potatoes that think they're average skills see their own ratings, they'll either really faint or whine at the forum again.

"I'm sure I've played this game for a long time, and I have great skills, but there's something wrong with the MMR system! I'm not a Noob!"

Of course, MMR's patch was really ruined, but even if MMR was ideally well-organized, there must have been some potatoes complaining like this.

And, except for professional users, low-performance killers really need buffs. For example, those potatoes whining that the killer is strong may not notice the difference between carnival, Spirit, and Nightmare, and the Doctor. they may not even recognize the difference with wraith and just repeat the word "killer is too OP"! We just want to be buffed by low-tier killers like wraith and legion and pig , and we just want Spirit to be nerfed.

All right, let's say Potatoes, who play games every day and raise your rank, but pretend knowing much about balance and only whine at forum, make them match with Low rank Killer for potatoes.

Except for potatoes, Let's talk again about map balance in high-level killers and survivors.

You've been talking about the patch of bloodlust before, haven't you? As BHVR’s POV, infinite looping should not give the survivor a sense of relief, or let the killer feel they are dragged down too much time or wasting time, making the killer frustrated with bloodlust in real life. Survivors use the right level of pallets to lower the killer's bloodlust, and to be caught by the killer at the right level without an infinite loop, so the game goes well. (Survivor should be able to do an infinite loop if he's good? Uh, just, you'd better deal with the AI killer. Or go for civilization. Actually, that doesn't mean anything. Because saying this, you're not that good, are you? In fact, you don't want a good survivor to have an infinite loop, you just want an infinite loop to do yourself. Without making any effort to be good at games.)

Anyway, there's no big problem with buffing some of the pallets(personally, maybe two or three?) in itself. It really matters where the pallets will be added to, what kind of pallet it is, and how much. Some maps have been adjusted, but some maps that still need to be adjusted have not been adjusted yet, so the imbalance in the balance between maps remains.

Please don't add three or four safety pallets to the Ormond. Unless you're going to make the Ormond Map offering to Ultra rare. If you add about two or three half-safe pallets in places like Glenbale and the Temple of Wrath, this might be worth considering.

Well, it's highly likely that you won't be aware of the killer of unsafe pallets and half safe pallets anyway. But let's not add 10 more pallets each. So instead of adding a few boards next to the jungle gym, it would be better to make a little unsafe pallet zone.

And, uh, plz Nerf with Ormonds.

How do we know what I'm saying is appropriate? It's time for statistics to work. Of course, due to the size and complexity of the map and there are a lot of potatoes, so it's hard to get accurate statistics because potatoes can't use even though they're in good maps, but you can still get relatively significant results.

That is, after the 3.7.0 patch, there was a level design patch, and there is a map with no level design patch. If you compare the level-design-patched maps with the new ones that didn't, you'll come up with the right balance patch.

I mean, check the kill rate. Still, the Ormond and The Temple of Purgation must have a huge survival rate in the top tier. (even though it's been redesigned! It's proof that a redesigned past wasn't enough.) If the over-reform maps have a higher kill rate than the ones that have not been redesigned, then adjusting them at that time would be reasonably acceptable. Of course, radical reform is not welcome.

Potatoes are going to waste the pallet even though it's a good map, or they don't know where the safe pallets are, and they're going to rush to the unsafe pallet in front of them, and they're going to shout, "Oh, map #########."

If the BHVR throws them good semi-safe pallets, they'll keep shouting out the safe pallets. Survivors who are really good at it will link them up to create an infinite loop, and the potatoes won't know the difference. And then they'll shout to BHVR that it's a nominal patch, and it's not helping the survivors at all. But they'll still be using the DS, self-heal, and spine chill. even don't consider using the window of opportunity.

Well, it's also true that some central parts of The Pale Rose need to be balanced. Backwater was resized but the number of pallets has not improved despite the increased importance of the central pallets since the size of the map decreased. Some say there are too few pallets in the center, and I agree with that part. However, in the case of the Grim Pantry, it is right to reduce the complexity of the landmark house and buff the central pallets more. The landmark of that is still powerful.

Well, anyway, except for some cold-wind maps that have extremely few pallets, and Sanctum Of Wrath, we are negative about buffing them, especially map of the pallets , Ormond.

Oh, and there's one more thing that's really really really important, the increasing number of pallets has little impact on Nurse and Spirit. I mean, if you increase the number of pallets, it will only be a blow to walkers, not to Spirit and Nurse.

As the number of pallets increases, there will be more players who enjoy killer unlimited to pallets, Nurse and Spirit. We really don't want that.

I’m really thankful to you for reading until this. and I really hope you got a massive discussion on my article. Stay safe around the campfire.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

Holy hell the size. TL:DR please.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    Options

I skimmed through it and I'm pretty sure this is directed at the dev team since, after all, it is feedback from the Korean DbD community.