After year of not playing

drunky26
drunky26 Member Posts: 686
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

The very first match, someone dc's while loading, game doesn't even start.

Then I get greeted with "dbd has crashed"....

I know this was a thing a while ago and constant infinite loading screens. Is this still not fixed or is it just me ?

edit: also de-pipped and went down a rank just noticed.. because someone dc'ed while loading?? makes no sense.

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

It was always a thing and it was never fixed. And propably be never will.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

You don't actually depip whenn that happens. It shows that you do in the post match screen, when you come to the prematch lobby you will have gotten your pip and offering back. You do have to go back in and reselect your offering though.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Infinite loading screens are pretty rare nowadays, I cant remember the last time I got one, also someone not loading and the game not starting is actually a good thing, it takes you back to the lobby without wasting your offering on a lost cause trial. The DBD has crashed thing may be your local files are not in top notch state, try verify them with Steam if they are ok you may have had bad luck.

Overall the game is much more stable in the crashes to desktop department (optimization still needs A TON of work).

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Welcome back

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165

yeah i regret coming back after a couple months just to check the new cosmetics just to find out that now dbd is crashing and what the ######### have they done to the flashlights, oh well nothing much to miss here anyways