Should destrike activate after every unhook?

Options
Poka7Joke
Poka7Joke Member Posts: 6
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

At the moment there are a lot (I mean a lot) tunnlers in dbd. And that's why I ask myself the question: What should I do if I've already been tunneled and have already used destrike?

So I came up with the idea, what if you could use destrike 2 times but only for 30 seconds.

Before anyone thinks: "That's way too strong." Let me explain.

1. 30 seconds are not long and a survivor can no longer feel as extremely safe as now and continuously annoy the killer because he/she is "immune"

2. If you have a killer who is in extreme tunnel vision and only chases you, then it is better to stun him twice and get a chance to survive twice than that you only have one chance and after destrike is gone, are you dead

These are first of all the reasons that I have to offer. If you have any pros/cons, please share them.

(I also think it's a shame that you're always forced to play with destrike because 4/5 killers are tunnlers. Maybe remove destrike as a perk and add it as a passive ability for every survivor.)

Comments

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231
    Options

I personally don’t think this is necessary. I don’t use DS as a survivor unless I’m levelling somebody up and have no other options as I rarely get tunnelled and if I do, I’m normally slugged. It just feels like a waste of a perk slot for me. I also seem to only get struck with it when I’m playing as killer if somebody jumps into a locker for no reason. I’ll just eat it during those scenarios.

What rank are you currently playing at? As I don’t see tunnelling a lot in my matches. I’m never below rank 5, if that helps.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

I'd be okay with that if it deactivated when you touch a gen, break a totem, heal someone/yourself, or unhook a survivor. If you're able to do any of those actions you aren't being tunnelled and don't need it active.

• ChantyBoi
    ChantyBoi Member Posts: 179
    Options

Should pop goes the weasel activate after every hit?

• Poka7Joke
    Options

I'm currently rank 3 and today i played 13 survivor rounds and in only 2 of them i wasn't get tunneled.

• Poka7Joke
    Options

I am not concerned with destrike deactivating itself. it's more about the fact that you are simply defenseless after using destrike. you can then be tunneled to death hook without that you can do anything.

• iZombie
    Options

I wonder why? As that isn’t how my matches go at all lol. Maybe it’s to do with the server you’re being put on? I’m from Europe, so I’m not sure if I get matched with different players than you.

I rarely see tunnelling and when I do, it’s normally when there’s 1 generator left and nobody has been killed yet.

• Poka7Joke
    Options

I'm from Europe too and yesterday some of them (like 4 or 5) tunneled by 2 gens left but the other killers (6 or 7) tunneled right from the start. 5 Gens left and they tunnel my mates/me. If you wanna know what ranks these killers were in, I'll tell you.

Most of them were rank 1-4 and tunneled. I think it's such a shame that you are in such a rank and have to tunnel to win. These are the players who take the fun out of dbd.

Yesterday I also had a rank 12 but it is not so bad that he tunnels because he certainly doesn’t know that much about the game.

I had rank 5 tunnlers too. Tunneling on rank 5 is also outrageous, but I can still understand it a little bit.

In case you think now: "This was just a bad day for you." I've been thinking for days how to reduce tunneling and open a discussion for it, because yesterday was not the only day I was tunneled. I play the game almost every day and i get tunneled every day too.

At some point i don't feel like playing anymore and then play killer but without tunneling and still win. (I play every killer. I don't play the strongest to win and if i lose, i won't tunnel the next round either.)

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583
    Options

No, you are literally advocating for a buff to Dstrike, this is insane how you even think this is a nerf or a simple rebalance.

All you are doing is giving the potential for there to be two Dstrikes, tunneling is already not an issue either due to the killer throwing the game if he does this if the surv is good.

A decent rando surv team would just do gen the duration of the chase, tunneling working is just as much the fault of survivors, just as is camping, both are avoidable yet typically screamed out as if its cheating by inexperienced survs.

All you are saying is you want another life in addition to Instaheal medkits, the perks extending chase/dodging a hit that would of been tooken other wise, on top of the 3 potential chases you already have as a base kit. Legit I am sure there are already 7 lifes for each survivor potentially (assuming they could proc all their perks, got hook saved all times, ect).

I know for certain all this would do is have more people using the already amazing perk, more SWF that want to greif would use this as well, ect

Only thing they need to do is make it not work in a locker grab atm so it can't be abused like that. Did you honestly think about this for a while and decide this was a good idea, or did you just get outplayed and decided to post this out of anger? (This is an actual question)

I hope to all god that this doesn't actually make it to the actual game, otherwise everyone will have Dstrike and not only that there will be less killers then there already are.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2020
    Options

Actually you may be on to something here, I would not of thought that I would be ok with two Dstrikes with the aforementioned poster's idea, but legitimately after thinking about it if they added this is would def be used only as a anti tunnel.

If they added your idea with the posters idea this I would agree with.

Toxic swf no longer could abuse it, and ACTUAL tunnellers would be punished for doing so all the while survivors would lose the undeserved grace period of 60 seconds when they do something that proves they are no longer in chase such as doing a gen.

• iZombie
    Options

I don’t tunnel either. I just don’t find it fun and because I play survivor as well, I try to put myself in the shoes of the survivors as I want to win without being a total dick.

Earlier this year I noticed that me and my teammates were being tunnelled a lot, and I mean, hard tunnelled at the start of matches, but it seemed to settle down. I guess I’m just getting extremely lucky, but to be fair, I haven’t played a lot recently as I’m getting burnt out with this game and finding it extremely frustrating with the teammates you get given. I’ve been playing and enjoying Killing Floor 2 a lot more.

I’ll probably check out the Halloween event, but I’m not optimistic about it getting me to play for long periods of time again. I only have fun playing killer at the minute.