Dear killer players, who main this role, do you find playing against SWF FUN?

Options

Not easy/hard to win, only fun or not.

Do you enjoy playing against SWF groups or you find playing against premades a miserable experience?

Would you like to know if you are or were facing one?

Comments

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97
    Options
  • EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

depends on the swf, the more casual groups i dont mind, its the really try hard meta swf that ruin any form of fun. while i dont often de-pip from these sort of people its never a nice feeling to feel like no matter what you do you couldnt of done better. im sure many of us understand the game isnt built for high level play and when you do get a full team that actually know how to play and use strong perks, items, offerings etc. it feels pretty bad. then again if maps like ormand, haddonfield, bloodlodge was better done it might not be as much of an issue, i accept i ont win every game especially as i play all killers but i hate the usual toxic behavior that follows the top % swf. i just wanna play for fun and feel rewarded for my skill simple as that tbh

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited October 2020
    Options

I would prefer to know going in, yes. Team play, i.e. Survivors using the 5th Perk (Comms), are not automatically good. What they have is a competitive edge over Solos and to some degree over the Killer. They have more information available to them than a combination of every single info Perk in the game. Just because they have the information doesn't mean they will use it correctly. At the beginning it provides only a little boost, but the longer a SWF plays together the more coordinated and tilted this advantage becomes. I've no doubt that most SWF start casual, but they never remain that way. It only takes five or six games of playing together before the transmission of information becomes efficient and the maximization of the advantage comes into its own.

Aside from the obvious boost it is giving the SWF over the Killer, there are other drawbacks. A 3-Person SWF tends to treat the Solo saddled with them as a Red Shirt (in the classic Star Trek vein) and thus will milk said person for points and let them die or sandbag them as necessary for the benefit of their group. Some SWF turn into Bully Squads, i.e. groups that have learned to maximize the advantage and go into games with the specific intent on making Killers have a bad time rather than to play the match. This, combined with the general stress involved in long, grinding matches against them, has led many Killers to dodge Lobbies where they even suspect there being a SWF. This in turn affects the Que for everyone.

The DEV have been attempting to offset the advantage of the SWF by adding more Perks to slow down the Gen-Rush or at least give the Killer the tools necessary to try. The problem is that this approach further strangles the Solos. Killers take every oppressive thing they can, because they must assume they are going to fight a SWF. Heck, I'd love to take a broader spectrum of builds than I do now, but I don't dare risk it. So the Solo gets the shaft again. Anything put into the game to counter the 5th Perk (Comms) hits the Solos three times as hard because they don't even have Comms. Around and around it goes.

My personal view is that Solo and Team (SWF) should be broken into two Ques. This can be done in a way that is not a bad thing, nor slow down Ques for anyone. It would even open up more monetary streams for the company. *Bear in mind that most people would play in both the Solo and The Team Ques from time to time. It would work like this:

Solo Que:

1. No more than two people may enter a Lobby together, as 2-Person SWF doesn't unbalance the game.
    2. All identifying information is hidden to prevent anyone for setting up Comms on the fly. It is only shown at the end of the match with Stats.

Team Que:

1. Teams must be either 3-Person or 4-Person, and will start the match the size they enter the Lobby together (no Red Shirt).
    2. Identifying information isn't hidden, because there is no need.
    3. An additional Perk slot is unlocked for Killers while taking on a Team in this Que.
    4. The Team will require one additional Generator to power the gates; thus, a 3-Person Team will still need (5) Generators, and a 4-Person Team will need (6). *This (and #3 above) balances things for these matches, and will not affect, obviously, the Solo Que.

Custom Game:

This stays exactly as it is now, and already provides people a way to play a casual game among friends.

--------------------------------------

If this was done, the following benefits would apply:

1. The company would get a lucrative new line of cosmetics they could sell. Teams might want matching hats, jackets, tattoos, etc.
    2. Regular Teams would already be organized and setup for potential League play.
    3. The company would get another monetary stream in potentially organizing Tournaments with minimal fees.
    4. Solos can play without being strangled by the current situation.
    5. Many Perks which are currently somewhat unbalanced due to their design to limit the SWF could be tweaked since the balancing agents are built into the Que rather than the Perks.
    6. Killers can go into games without feeling the bait and switch. And believe me, Killers are more than willing to fight the SWF; we just want the playing field to be level.
    7. Killers could feel more free to use a broader number of Builds, and not bring a sledgehammer to every game (Solos will like this).
    8. The Ques for both, after the initial changeover would likely speed up a good deal.
    9. There would be fewer disconnects because some sources of the irritation which causes people to Rage quit would go down.
    10. Matchmaking could be more easily tweaked as it isn't trying to balance against a SWF variable that it cannot truly measure.

The truth is I could probably add a few more to this list, but ten seems like a good place to stop. It is my belief that eventually the Ques will have to be separated. I do not begrudge people wanting to play with their friends. I would be lying if I said I never was in a SWF. Of course I've tried it. It is my participation in a SWF, and seeing what it allows, that convinced me that there is an issue. At the start, I was like a lot of people who felt it just didn't matter that much. It matters.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited October 2020
    Options

Kind of, I'm a casual player, I will play against anyone and any SWF, as long as it isn't 4 blendettes.

I will have fun against SWF, because I'm a blight main, and I can handle SWF with my build pretty well.

Pop, tinkerer, shadowborn and BBQ. If I'm zooming around the map I'm having fun.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

they use object or all run ds+ub HELL NO.

I'll play against them most of the time and it can be fun if they are not sweats but if im playing as a killer im not the best with i will 100% lobby dodge them if i think its a swf since it will most likely just be a frustrating game.

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293
    Options

Depends what Killer I play. If it's Legion or Oni I do have fun as long as it's not an object SWF.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

It's different. They have different priorities than solo survivors that you can exploit. They'll often put themselves in a bad spot to save their friends, or take unnecessary protection hits. It's typically possible to tell if you're playing vs. a group depending on how they behave.

Additionally they're less inclined to d/c if you count down their decisives so that's nice.

• KaarelK
    KaarelK Member Posts: 89
    Options

This game is impossible as solo in red/purple ranks. Don't know how the low iq players are getting that rank.

Duo is playable, it's can be done 2vs1

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

I play both roles more or less the same, maybe 55-60% Survivor and I do enjoy SWFs, sometimes they stomp me, most times they do decently, sometimes they get stomped.

I do enjoy having to worry about stuff that Solos usually cant pull because they lack coordination like attempting sabo saves, pallet saves, flashlights also 3 genning them is usually harder so it makes for more interesting trials (funnily I find SWFs tend to create much more pallet dead zones than Solos, wonder why), sometimes they even bring super weird perk setups like Flip-Flop, Unbreakable and Tenacity of other less orthodox builds.

Now onto the SWATs, its like playing against Michael Jordan in basketball, I dont hate it but I wont enjoy much either because the sheer difference in skill.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

No. Absolutely not. Maybe half of my games at my crappy rank has 1-2 red or high purple ranks queuing with a deranked account to crush lowbie killers. These groups are all insanely BM, always teabag and try to stall out the game as long as possible once they have the gates open.

It makes for a genuinely unpleasant experience.

• Uncharted
    Uncharted Member Posts: 136
    Options

I play both sides 50/50, so I'm not exactly a killer main. With that being said, I still go against SWF when I play killer, and for the most part I don't mind them at all. Maybe it's just pure luck, but the SWF groups I verse are usually really chill and just want to have fun with their friends. Here's a screenshot from a match I had with a SWF a long while ago.

This person later on said he and his friends usually go against camping/NOED reliant killer, and that they had a blast playing the match.

The only type of SWF that disappoints me for lack of a better word is the four man stack with object. For my opponents to tilt the game that heavily in their advantage is just pathetic. Still beatable, but pathetic on their part.

To answer your question, I don't think knowing they're a pre-made will change anything for me. Sacrificial Wards are finally a thing. What I want to see some tweaks to is meta perks stacking e.g four DSes and Unbreakables.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

Is dependent on the SWF that I face how good are they and how do they play.

The biggest issue is that even when you are doing half decent or even pretty good the gens just go so fast if they are semi-decent or near your level. It is just really stressful, high intensity and half the times you feel as if you have no real agency in the game and waiting for them to mess up and overcommit. Usually after the grace period of the first three gens, I start playing dirty and then they tend to be pretty rude in the end-game chat: Filthy camping tunneling ez killer, even when they win. Yet they don't understand that they leave no real room for the killer to play any other way if they want to have a chance to win. This is enjoyable to some degree, but if it is every single game... which sometimes is the case... it stops being enjoyable. Killers just sometimes also just want a more casual game, that isn't reliant on snowballing out of control.

I have met a hand full of SWFs that completely destroyed me and are at a total different level, usually all good sports though. Is the game very enjoyable when this happens, not really but they are short and I am usually just in awe of how good they play. I also have no clue how to counter these people, tried everything even face camping and they manage to get people out. These are so little of these games that I cannot even find them annoying. I do my best, get a hook or 2 and bid them a gg with their 4 man escape.

Then we have the OoO groups, no matter what just not fun. If you think normally you have no agency, these groups are usually extremely toxic, able to call out every single move you do and use every trick in the book to ruin your game.

The Map/Key groups are also no fun to play against, I usually just get franklins out and my soul mission is to have them drop that key. If I noticed to late I will tunnel the hell out of the person with the key and map. De-pip or not, it really isn't my concern.

The map-offering SWFs just makes me sweat, no mister nice guy... I will use every trick in the book. You want me to stare at you through the corn, go to the chilly mountains of Ormond or the worse of all Haddonfield by your choice, you better be ready to have a sweaty match.

The bully squads with their 4 flashlights and all that, I used to hate going up against them and now after some practice and all that since they don't do much with the gens makes it more enjoyable. It is a totally different type of game though, where it just is about aiming to slug as many as possible and building up hook states.

Personally I would like indicators to know the size of the parties I am facing, sure we can deduct from the lobby in many cases. Yet most of the times you cannot really risk it as a killer. You have to assume they are together and be ready for it, meaning that even if you are facing a full solo queue many killers will go in hard, with the best builds they have and using all the tools they have available.

You cannot just relax, enjoy a casual game as a killer unless you are really good versus a SWF team that is at your level and since we are deprived of that information. My general rule is, play nice, try to get enough done till gen 2 and then do what ever is necessary to win if needed and the quicker you bash out those first 3 gens the less 'nice' I will play.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I can't really say yes or no, as my experience has shown me that purely the individual is what will make it fun to me or not.

WAY more often than not, if there's a SWF group of like 3-4 people, it's usually 1/2 of the 3/4 who are being...less than fun.

And if it isn't the entire group that's being less than fun, then i can't really chalk it up to SWF.

I wouldn't mind knowing if they are SWF, but it's not a necessity.

I mean, i already can check that if their profiles ain't private, so showing me immediately just makes things easier on me.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited October 2020
    Options

As a console player unless they have cute matching names or are obvious about it, it's hard to tell.

That aside my experience varies. Sometimes I can have fun fighting and losing against a sweaty team on Ormond, other times it's not fun to face a meme squad that spend more time sandbagging each other than playing the game.

It really depends on me and my mood at the time.

As for knowing or not, I don't really care. It wouldn't change how I prepare for a game.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

I've definitely had fun aplenty vs sweaty 4-mans.

But some games just aren't fun. If they all have dead hard of sprint burst as well as at least one having object, then it's often very unfun, even if I do end up winning. You just know they all have DS/UB too, so they're untouchable if they run into you intentionally after being unhooked, and many love to do this.

As for knowing. It would be nice for stats' sakes, however tbh I don't think these swf's are that common at all in my experience. duos are pretty common, but honestly two duos vs a killer is honestly the most balanced game you can get, so it makes for some real fun/intense games, imo.

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231
    Options

I was EXTREMELY unfun when i started the game. For players who still have to learn so much running into SWF who bully you all day is incredibly unfun and frustrating!!!

Now, with much more experience, these matches are often fun for me. Like when i face OOO teams with Third seal or teams that play heavely altruistic. It is fun because i know how to counterplay certain tactics or take my advantage out of them. But to reach this point it took a lot of salt and youtube videos.

100% on "I want to know who i go against"!

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,432
    edited October 2020
    Options

To be honest most of the times I can't even tell if a group is swf or not, I think in general we have to expect to have bad games from time to time.

There are fun and unfun players at every rank, in every role, swf or solo, I don't think you can just generalize.

Also to be fair I don't check profiles and most of the times I don't even pay attention to the names in the lobby, I usually select my offerings/addons/perks, press ready and tab out until the game starts.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Depends on the style of SWF and the killer im using. Being bullied as ghostface isn't fun, nor are those are clearly just playing to wind the killer up and raking points by trying to hook bomb and flashlight me the whole time with DS and Unbreakable. I do enjoy the challenge with trapper and against SWF that are completing the objectives. Being outdone by perks aint fun and those that kneel in front of hooks so you cant use it are a flecking nuisance.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Hmm.. it’s a difficult question to answer because of how subjective it can be match to match.

The only thing I can honestly say is that they’re damn hard work, but usually pretty predictable, and immensely satisfying to beat.

They usually send the most ridiculous messages too.

A few days ago I was Clown on Wretched Shop, running no add ons, and Bamboozle, Coulrophobia, Deerstalker, and Sloppy Butcher. I currently do a lot of slugging right from the beginning of the match because it’s one of Clowns few pressure tools. I don’t have much difficulty having 1 or 2 survivors down on the ground at a time. Anyway, last 2 survivors, both on death hook. I down an Ace, and immediately chase the Claudette that wasn’t being particularly discreet waiting nearby with her flashlight. Mid chase Ace DC, and Claudette is able to immediately jump into the hatch.

Whatever....

Anyway they both send a message, both along the lines of “ez, git gud noob” “Clown can’t win”.

I almost spat my coffee while laughing hysterically.

Umm... yeah... I was “stomped” lol 😂

• TheClownIsKing
    Options

There can be some tells.

Probably the most 100% indisputable evidence they’re SWF is when using Franklins, and quickly returning to a dropped item to see a different survivor attempting to retrieve it.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,432
    Options

I never run Franklin's, so that's harder for me to tell lol

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Depends on the players, but that goes for any match in just about any game afterall.

While I personally don't care I'd have nothing at all against post-match party indicators of some sort. Don't think pre-game ones are a way to go, but I highly doubt they'd ever be implemented without direct lobby dodging disincentivization included anyway.

• TheClownIsKing
    Options

I tend to find hook blocking funny. They’re usually downed by me, and whoever I was carrying gets hooked anyway. A complete waste of their time.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

1) yeah i enjoy the challenge

2) more fun than survivor ever will be.

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161
    Options

I play both roles pretty equally, but prefer Killer; its also the role I started with.

In general, it can be. Despite comms being a huge advantage, even in casual SWF groups, not all utilize it properly. Sometimes you can get 3 or 4 average players that you would stomp if they were solo, and with comms they're a bit more challenging and it makes for a more fun match.

On the flipside, SWF who are competitive and efficient(mostly at high Red Ranks), absolutely not. They have a clear and significant advantage over Killer, and playing those matches are some of the most unfair and unfun matches I've played in just about any game. I have no problem getting stomped when Im just outplayed, but when Im playing well and still getting stomped, there's a clear problem. Anyone who refuses to admit that competitive SWF is a problem in this game is either blind or biased. And imo, this game will never get close to being truly fair and balanced, until the gap between solo Survivor and SWF is bridged; someone will always suffer, be it solo Survivors or the Killers.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I would say I have fun against like 90% of SWFs, considering most of the time I can’t even tell whether they are one or not and some of the obvious ones are quite altruistic which is fun for me. I don’t have fun against SWFs that are really desperate to win as fast as possible, like running multiple BNPs or Objects with a Coldwind/Ormond offering, etc. etc.

A SWF stack with flashlights or sabo builds or any of that stuff is pretty fun. Survivors that are just messing around with their friends are fun. Decent SWFs that talk to you like a human being post-game are fun.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

I'm all up for it if they seem to be two couples or something, Three or four in a call is too coordinated and toxic to be fun for the killer.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I've no doubt that most SWF start casual, but they never remain that way. It only takes five or six games of playing together before the transmission of information becomes efficient and the maximization of the advantage comes into its own.

I have no idea what makes you say that SWFs never remain casual. It also doesn't make any difference how long a SWF plays together, really. Either you're a good player and can call out information well, or you're not. Either that's something you like to do while playing in SWF, or it isn't.

They have more information available to them than a combination of every single info Perk in the game

This is extreme exaggeration. Object by itself gives you more info than a typical SWF would (with the drawback of being terrible in solo queue, but still).

A 3-Person SWF tends to treat the Solo saddled with them as a Red Shirt (in the classic Star Trek vein) and thus will milk said person for points and let them die or sandbag them as necessary for the benefit of their group.

What makes you say that? I often play in two or three-man SWFs and this is something that we absolutely never do. It's not advantageous to the group to let your teammates die unless it's like a basement hook / NOED situation.

----

Splitting the game into two separate queues for solo queue and SWF would kill the game. Killers would never want to play in the SWF queue or, if there were an incentive to play against SWF, they would only do so while bringing their Iri Head / Infantry Belt / Ebony Mori and the like. I'm also just against changing the game balance such that SWFs need to be communicating well and sweating their balls off in order to do well. Many SWFs do not do that, and will instead perform poorly because they play too altruistically and will have a wider range of skill levels in their squad. Punishing people for playing with their friends is just going to kill the game.

Most balance issues that exist with SWF should be addressed by MMR. If you sweat like crazy in a premade of good players, you'll just be matched up with a disproportionate amount of god Nurses and Stridor Spirits.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 568
    Options

Two is fine. If I see four I dodge the lobby because even if I win it's just stressful and not fun due to comms and nearly guaranteed meta perk stacking.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

"I have no idea what makes you say that SWFs never remain casual. It also doesn't make any difference how long a SWF plays together, really. Either you're a good player and can call out information well, or you're not. Either that's something you like to do while playing in SWF, or it isn't."

Experience, direct and firsthand both as a Survivor in a SWF and as a Killer who fights them daily, gives me the knowledge to say this. Practice makes perfect, and Survivors in a SWF get better with each match. Experience aside, this is also commonsense. The fact that you want to pretend it is either there at the start or it isn't makes me wonder about your motives.

"This is extreme exaggeration. Object by itself gives you more info than a typical SWF would (with the drawback of being terrible in solo queue, but still)."

No, it is not an exaggeration. Every Player in a SWF using the 5th Perk (Comms) has all the information provided by his/her teammates as if they had the Perks themselves. This allows them to maximize information gathering Perks. So instead of just having four Perks, they each have a bonus of any other information gathering Perks held by their buddies. On top of that there is the interactive, real-time updates on where the Killer is currently located, if the Killer is setting traps, which Generators are near completion, and so on, etc. Likewise, there is the instant lowdown on a Totem spotted that someone cannot reach (for whatever reason) which can be handed off to a teammate by just telling them. When the Hatch becomes visible, and one person spots it, they all will share that too. The now infamous OoO is particularly useful to a SWF on the right maps where the "Spotter" can call out generalized areas of the map (or specific) by terrain or sometime something as simple as "he is upstairs" or he is "downstairs". Are you picking up what I'm putting down. Exaggeration? Hardly.

"What makes you say that? I often play in two or three-man SWFs and this is something that we absolutely never do. It's not advantageous to the group to let your teammates die unless it's like a basement hook / NOED situation."

I've seen this firsthand as the Killer and had it happen to me multiple times. My own group, when we were doing SWF had to stop what we were doing when we realized this was happening on an unconscious level and make sure that we started to include the Red Shirt as an equal. More to the point, I've been talking to and listening to a GROWING number of Solo players complaining about this very thing. Perhaps the most telling is nobody works that hard to get the Red Shirt down before they go into phase two (if at all).

"Splitting the game into two separate queues for solo queue and SWF would kill the game. Killers would never want to play in the SWF queue or, if there were an incentive to play against SWF, they would only do so while bringing their Iri Head / Infantry Belt / Ebony Mori and the like. I'm also just against changing the game balance such that SWFs need to be communicating well and sweating their balls off in order to do well. Many SWFs do not do that, and will instead perform poorly because they play too altruistically and will have a wider range of skill levels in their squad. Punishing people for playing with their friends is just going to kill the game."

I hear this last ditch defense often, and it has no validity. We have no idea what it would do. People always say this whenever ANY changes happen and the game is still here. If I had a nickel for every time someone has said "this will kill the game" or "this is killing the game" or "I think DbD is dying" I would be a very wealthy man indeed. I might actually buy some cosmetics. Judging by past evidence, no, it would not kill the game. In fact, it might actually revitalize it with Solos being able to play without being strangled and not getting run off, and eventually graduating into their own SWF. Nobody is talking about punishing people who play with friends. We are talking about balancing it. It is a competitive edge, and it needs to be compensated.

"Most balance issues that exist with SWF should be addressed by MMR. If you sweat like crazy in a premade of good players, you'll just be matched up with a disproportionate amount of god Nurses and Stridor Spirits."

No, they will not be addressed by the MMR. Why? Because the MMR is a matchmaking system that cannot measure the impact of the 5th Perk (Comms). That is something entirely outside the game. If a SWF is not somehow marked and known to the system, it cannot compensate. The only way for the MMR to take note and address that is if Teams are somehow registered, recognized, and there can be matched as a GROUP to the appropriate Killer. What you are saying is nonsense, and I think you know that.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited October 2020
    Options

that is a question i simply can not answer, for the simple fact that there are a lot of different ways a SWF can play.

some are fun to play with, some are not.

some are just a couple of friends playing together, some are a bully squad and some are tournament level tryhards.

i would like to know when i faced a SWF in the end though, just for knowing it.

cause sometimes you meet some really really good solo survivors, but everyone just assumes that "they must be a SWF", which kinda takes some credit away from them i feel like.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Yes, I find most of my trials to be fun. Because SWF teams are in almost every trial and no-one notices that.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    Options

Depends.

If it's just a solid team making solid plays, it's fine.

If they're ######### who are all running the most overpowered ######### they can muster and still have the audacity to bm at every pallet? ######### em.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Not really, no. Then again people who play "normally" with others probably go unnoticed, when it's painfully obvious it's a swf it's usually the more obnoxious ones.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Depends on the group tbh. I have less fun because I play killer casually atm.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

yes. i like the challenge in going against them.

the only time i dislike it is when they run Object or use bullshit map offerings

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

Really? A forum smurf account? What are you hiding from?

• Mr.FlexOG
    Mr.FlexOG Member Posts: 45
    Options

If I bring my main build and I'm playing with my main then yes I do find them fun. Depending on their method of play and how sweaty they are. I've had a lot of fun playing with SWF but that's only because I play the pig and use Save the best till last so I can abuse their altruism.

Honestly I personally wouldn't blame someone for saying they never have fun playing against SWF. When I used to main clown when I was brand new to the game, I don't think I ever had fun once playing against a SWF.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341
    Options

I don't enjoy it or hate it, I HATE facing survivors that turn on "ultra hacker man sweat mode" but that doesn't always mean they are SWF.

• Mr.FlexOG
    Mr.FlexOG Member Posts: 45
    Options

Gonna print out this post at a photo shop and hang it on my wall. I just need to buy a platinum frame to put it in.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341
    Options
  • DFP
    DFP Member Posts: 156
    Options

It depends on the group really.

Sometimes, I'll have a blast goofing around or getting drawn into a really thrilling match.

Sometimes I want to stuff those keys, maps, and toolboxes so far down their sweaty, taunting throats when they light up the after game messaging system that they won't be able to teabag again without penetrating themselves.

So yeah. Goes either way according to the people you get, much the same as anything else in life.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

Generally no.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

I like wrecking swf and guessing whether they are it adds a challenge even though I'm an oni main. I just hate fast gens

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Not in the slightest, but most swfs I play are in it to win. I wouldnt care to see it, because i wont back down from a challenge. Only time I dodge is if ping is atrocious.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

I don't mind it as long as one don't dc when they can't escaped.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

yes because I pretty much win 99% of my games against solo survivors cause they are not organized or put actual pressure on me, its like no challenge at all

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Depends on the SWF. I've broken it down into three flavors.

A lot of the times, I don't even realize I'm playing against one, as they play as if they're solo. There may be hints, such as similar offerings, or names, but usually, I can't tell the difference. I just assume. Thus, I treat them as I do with solos. This first group is usually what I face most when it comes to SWF. I don't mind it, since it just feels like a normal match.

Then you have the second, who act like they just watched Noob3's toxic series and want to test it out on me. The whole clicky clicky teabagging at every pallet sabo types. These annoy me, because it's usually a two, maybe three man, and the solo they have on their side is left hanging in the blue. I've seen them leave the solo to die on first hook just so they can get that flashlight stun. If I'm able, I try and give the solo the hatch, just because I feel bad for them. This group is also the ones I face the most dcing against, either due to rage quitting, or hatch tech.

The third group is the dreaded 4man sweat squad. These. . . whew. They leave a bad impression, and usually stick with me the longest. An actual 4man is pretty rare, at least at the skill level I'm talking about, but it clouds my judgement against any SWF I come against. When asked about SWF, these groups are the first that come to mind.

I don't think we should know about SWF before the match. I do agree with the devs that it would cause more lobby dodging. I do, however, believe we should know AFTER the match, in the post game lobby. Additionally, there should be an increase in rewards given to the killer, and solos, for each member that was in the SWF group. You can't balance around comms, or at least the devs seem to believe, but you can at least give adequate rewards for those that have to deal with them.