Most Effective Freddy?

Options

So I was recently playing Freddy for a daily (I normally play hag) and I had a difficult time with two survivors escaping (One of them downed and crawled out the door.)Everyone I would hook would get saved and I couldn't interrupt it because they were not asleep. Would it be more viable to put everyone in the dream world before you chase anybody or should you chase who you put to sleep immediately?

Best Answers

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Answer ✓
    Options

It all depends on the circumstances. When you put someone to sleep you can hit them but now they can body block. You have to consider if you want this person to be able to do that. And survivors can force you to sleep them by healing. In general, it's better to have them slept because now you can hit them at least, but there are times where you don't want to sleep someone. If you don't plan on chasing this person try to avoid hitting them because then the only way to wake up is to fail a gen or find someone to wake you. If you hit them you make it so they can wake up with Self Care, but they also need to heal which takes time.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My tip for Freddy, is scout around 20-30 meters of the hook, and catch survivors while they're running to the hook. It is generally good and is the most viable tactic for Freddy.
  • thesuicidefox
    Answer ✓
    Options

@CheersTC said:
    My tip for Freddy, is scout around 20-30 meters of the hook, and catch survivors while they're running to the hook. It is generally good and is the most viable tactic for Freddy.

You don't even need to scout as Freddy. Just go stand somewhere out in the open eventually an immersed survivor will just crawl out in front of you. I also like to do a thing in places like Myers house where I walk in the front door, hear someone on a gen above me, and just walk in a circle around the couch until they drop down somewhere. They hear the lullaby and footsteps close they immediately think I came upstairs. Since they can't see you, you can do whacky stuff as Freddy.

Sometimes if I find 2 at once, I sleep one and act like I'm chasing, then just follow the other one for a bit. They always slowly creep away and hide somewhere, I bet it's confusing AF when the lullaby doesn't go away for like a minute after that.

• Knex4545
    Knex4545 Member Posts: 95
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just an update, I played Freddy with the lowest level of fire up and the lowest level of that other perk that makes the exit gates take longer to open when you hit your obsession. I would put one person to sleep and then wander off to put others to sleep. If I had two or three asleep I would stalk them using the main ability's allowance of letting me see distant survivors through walls and would watch the silhouette carefully to see if there in the wake up animation. I would chase down anyone who was and re-sleep them as well as pull the person trying to wake them up into the dream then went to work. Got all four kills, and highest amount of blood points in all categories. Thanks for the tip guys! Now I can cause some serious nightmares.

Answers

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

You shouldn't play freddy.
    That's it.

• Knex4545
    Options

@mcNuggets gotta get those dailies done. Don't have to be aggressive friend we all have the same interest here, i'm just looking for constructive advice.

• Knex4545
    Options

@thesuicidefox thank you! My main reasoning for wanting to put them all to sleep was also because I would see who was already asleep from a distance so even if I let them get away I can come back for them later.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    One of Freddy's rarest and most expensive add-ons decreases his terror radius and makes him slower. 

*Insidious exists*
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options

@mcNuggets said:
    That's it.

"what are some good things to do as freddy?" dont just dont

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Knex4545 said:

@thesuicidefox thank you! My main reasoning for wanting to put them all to sleep was also because I would see who was already asleep from a distance so even if I let them get away I can come back for them later.

Just run class photo black box, dying light, bamboozle, and mori. You will be pleased. 
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx said:

@mcNuggets said:
    That's it.

"what are some good things to do as freddy?" dont just dont

You get it.
    Don't play Freddy.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I got freddy to p3 and did a rank reset to rank 1 challenge with freddy i can give you the build that works the best but even after everything i would trash all the freddy dailies. Hes terrible and poorly designed whose game mechanics make you feel like the most powerless killer in the game. 

Heres the best build i found sloppy butcher and ruin to slow the game down just a little bit and to try and limit self care. Save the best for last as you need to snowball in order to stand a chance of winning and bambozzle. Every add on except dream transition reduction is bad do not use any of them except dream transition reduction. Never use red paint brush the ms penalty is too low to be an effective m1 killer. 

Gameplay is sadly best played with tunneling a player out of the game as early as possible if others try to protect take the free hits, sloppy butcher will make the body blocking dramtically slow down the game. Do not try to play nice your freddy the weakest killer in the game you cant afford to play nice.  Once a players is gone begin to tag and slug the remaining survivours. Obviously avoid the obssesion but hit them if you get the chance sloppy butcher will help slow them down. 
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Knex4545 said:

Just run class photo black box, dying light, bamboozle, and mori. You will be pleased. 
    Mori builds are strong by nature of being mori builds. Dying light a funny meme but class photo adding two seconds of dream transition time is way too long. This is not going to work consistently in high ranks. You will have a lot of bad games before this goes off properly. 
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
    Oh and one more trick I experimented with somewhat successfully: using Black Box often leads your obsession to believe you're running Dying Light or maybe PWYF. So... I like using Black Box with STBFL, and pretty much ignore the obsession who in this case tends to play more immersed. Or even better, if you can get to him in time, hit/down/hook him the first, and THEN go for everyone else. 
    Again  this didn't always worked out for me, but it's still better than running Dying Light and having five gens popped before you find him.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
    Monitor and Abuse is a must I think. You can see them only when they are out of you TR, so reducing it is very useful. Just have to cut the chase.
    Some people recommended Insidious, so by stopping for a few sec, your TR goes away and you can see the ones that are asleep behind a wall right next to you, but it never worked out for me, so I don't know. Maybe with some infinite loop buildings.
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

Tinkerer, Remember me, Nurses Calling, Whispers. Tunnel the obsession get 5 hits, kill one person before gates are activatable, camp the exit gates and get a 4k since they cant get them open.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options
    You mean sandman cause i see no freddy xD
  • tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    edited October 2018
    Options

@akbays35 said:
    Tinkerer, Remember me, Nurses Calling, Whispers. Tunnel the obsession get 5 hits, kill one person before gates are activatable, camp the exit gates and get a 4k since they cant get them open.

That build is trash. You would never need Whispers on Freddy, ever. You're invisible.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

@tehshadowman33 said:

@akbays35 said:

That build is trash. You would never need Whispers on Freddy, ever. You're invisible.

If you use stacked pictures and offer farm you can just walk around with your power active when Whispers procs. Together the range is 30m, which is beyond your lullaby. If anyone hides in the corn you find them instantly, you won't even see them they will be like 3 rows away. But yes, aura perks are the way to go with him.

• Darksilk
    Darksilk Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hex ruin, monitor and abuse,  bbq and chilli, and remember me or sloppy butcher. 
    Add on are extend range and a time block or a dress. 

Tips.  You don't need to see someone to put them asleep. Spam that power. 

Always put people to sleep.  Don't just focus on the chase.  Be looking around during the run and put anyone you see you sleep. 

One strategy  i do is put them to sleep.  Hit them.  Let them get away until you can see them.  Run a parral course keeping trees and buildings between you.  When they stop to heal or do a gen swing around from the other side.  You can trick them if they think you are coming from the way they ran.  
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

@Knex4545 said:
    So I was recently playing Freddy for a daily (I normally play hag) and I had a difficult time with two survivors escaping (One of them downed and crawled out the door.)Everyone I would hook would get saved and I couldn't interrupt it because they were not asleep. Would it be more viable to put everyone in the dream world before you chase anybody or should you chase who you put to sleep immediately?

the most efficient freddy is the one who figured out how to switch off to billy c:

• Rudio1337
    Rudio1337 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Putting everyone in sleep as many times as you can along with the addons that reduce skill checks is a strong strategy.
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

@tehshadowman33 said:

@akbays35 said:

I get whispers cause of immersed claudettes man, talk about invisibility

• RabidWabbitz
    RabidWabbitz Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2018
    Options

it is funny. everyone else says I am crazy to play Freddy as they can't get kills. and I say that he is one of the few that I can get kills with, is it tough yes but it is also a challenge which is fun to me. the key is to never get into a chase for to long with one survivor and to always take any chance you can to sleep anyone you come across even when about to down someone. that keeps the pressure on them. I use BBQ and Chili, Pop goes the weasel, hex ruin, and your 3rd can be of your choosing. I also never tunnel and still get 4k's all the time.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Bbq, ruin, enduring, brutal strength.

Bbq, ruin, monitor and abuse, nurses

Bbq, ruin, haunted grounds, noed

Basic killer combos work with freddy, usw bbq for tracking and ruin to slow game down to get first sleeps off.

Last 2 are playstyle, expose them, easy chases, whatever you like.

His issue is how long it takes between sleep and getting first hit, you have to play around forcing them to wake up, which means prioritize sleeping over chasing, which is why he is bad. His power hurts him, 7 seconds for a first hit in exchange for aura tracking outside tr is a bad trade.
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

People like to claim Fredward is the king of tunneling, but if I’m correct, a buff that prevents Self Care from waking Survs up will be soon. This will be a huge tip in favor of playing Freddy how he should be played: a stall Killer.

Stalling is Freddy’s biggest strength. And since genrushing is the unequivocal ultimate problem in Dead By Daylight (if anyone says otherwise they should be put to sleep, and not in the Freddy kind of way), injuring Survivors means that the second you let them out of your sight, you’re taking away your own pressure that you have on gen speeds. However, with the Self Care nerf, injuring Survs and abandoning them will significantly increase your pressure rather than sap it.

My advice? Get a sleep and down them immediately if you think you can. If you can’t, refrain from hitting them at all. Wait until two or three Survs are asleep before downing anyone, and never let an injured asleep Surv out of your sight. Keep people asleep, and keep injured people pressurized. That’s the main way to play Freddy now. But once again, the Self Care nerf will be a HUGE buff when injuring and leaving Survs will no longer take away your pressure; it will increase it evermore.

The main idea is to slow the game down, not to end chases.

Some Perks that I think are great on Freddy:

Enduring—Enduring is good on every Killer tbh and even better on Freddy because he has to confront pallets as a purely M1 Killer. It’s great in combination with Spirit Fury and/or Brutal Strength if you want to totally destroy pallets. Plus, nobody here like Decisive, so yeah.

Save the Best for Last—Freddy is unequivocally the most M1 Killer in the game. He’s so M1 that he has to M2 to M1. Making that M1 quicker and more efficient will save you precious time and distance.

Monitor and Abuse—Sure, the lullaby isn’t affected, but with T3, you have a Terror Radius of 16 metres, equivalent to that of Evil Within 2 Myers. Not only does that lend iteself to getting much closer to a Surv before they get scared and run, but you can also see Survs who are mere seconds away from you.

Make Your Choice—Freddy has a natural want to leave the hook because he can’t punish hook bum-rushing thanks to the dream transition. This will reward you greatly for that.

Huntress Lullaby: Survs will always try to wake themselves up. Again, this goes round to being injured. Survs who aren’t injured will have to fail gen skill checks to wake themselves up. Adding an additional penalty towards failing that check is a very, very good thing. It helps him stall even more.