hows the new update for ps4?

Options
Mew
Mew Member Posts: 1,828
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

played my first match on mothers dwelling and it was stuttering and freezing so much, legit my game crashed because of how bad it was running

edit: played my second match on groaning storehouse, played a lot better than mothers dwelling but was still stuttering here and there

how is it for everyone else? really not looking forward to the event tmrw if this is how the game is playing on ps4...

Post edited by Mew on

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Yeah,using blighted skins on console is a big no no because it affects your perfomance quite a bit

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 943
    Options

very choppy

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

Still downloading :(

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

I use a pro I have not had a issue before compared to today after the update usually it’s jsut the normal frames drop but it’s ok, since I downloaded the update at 4pm just wow Ahah wow is literally the best word for it

• MissKitty95
    Options

This cannot be Ignored and if it is it will cause ps4 players not to play as it’s unplayable, before the patch is was fine now it’s really bad, It’s not the usual complaints about FPS drops from sloppy or franckines, or from a wiff it’s just in general when your moving around the map, if you stand still it’s still noticeable but moving is when it is at the worst

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

I don’t have many problems now- the main advice i can give is to take the DC penalty if there’s the new Blight skin in the lobby and don’t use it as killer. However, my first game was incredibly choppy but it got much much better the more I played

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

Welp...good thing I just got the game on Steam for my videos. I was looking forward to playing on my playstation tonight though.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Huge frame drops at least on reworked maps. That's it lads. Ps4 is dead.

• MissKitty95
    Options

Oh I didn’t kno this, I’ve just always known ps4 been abit broken but i can deal with it after the update today I was like what in the hell has happened XD

• lunchboxhead
    lunchboxhead Member Posts: 1
    Options

Can’t play it with the frame rate this bad!!!!!! what’s the point of the Update/tome/new event when all of PS4 players can’t play?

fix it soon please!

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

Hey folks, if you're using a PS4, what you can do is decrease your resolution to 720p in the settings. Granted, your image quality will be worse but you will get more frames and less stuttering.

• goldentattoo
    goldentattoo Member Posts: 12
    Options

Hoooorible. The beginning of the match is unbearably laggy to the point I just have to sit there and wait. Sometimes, the lag stops, but then it comes back in waves. Please, devs, fix the game 'cause I can't play it as is.

• seekingowl
    seekingowl Member Posts: 3
    Options

The notes say they fixed the hex totems appearing as dull totems but that's still broken. I finished 4 dull totems while ruin was active and came upon a 5th dull one just as the wraith was slugging everyone to capitalize on the lag. I can't say whether cleansing the last totem would've deactivated the hex or not. Definitely unplayable unless your goal is to lose pips.

• kingovbattle
    kingovbattle Member Posts: 10
    Options

It’s choppy for me too. Running ps4 with ssd external and it’s terrible and unplayable.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

Well this the best made case for a ps5 that ive seen so far. I was hoping ps4 pro would escape whatever this patch is.