Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why was Discordance nerfed?

I have literally never seen a complaint about Discordance being overpowered. The only change I've ever seen suggested for Discordance was to swap the tiers to be 12/10/8 seconds instead of 8/10/12. Why the unnecessary change? And why hide it, not putting it in the PTB and then slipping the change in last-second?

Comments

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

My guess:

-First, to fix the issue of Discordance Tier 1 being considered better than Tier 3. (Why they made Tier 1 absolutely useless is beyond me)

-Second, the meta was becoming tinkerer/ruin/discordance/undying. They don't want to touch undying right now because Blight is still so new and they're trying to get sales. (This also seems to be why they went after Pop). Tinkerer and Ruin both received recent changes, so instead they decided to change Discordance which they had planned on doing anyway.

I feel like if they were going to do this, they probably should've tossed in a survivor nerf somewhere in there, or another Killer Buff (the only Buffs killers got were a minor buff for Cruel Limits, a minor buff for Thana, and a decent buff for Mindbreaker while Discordance and Pop got nerfed. Maybe not super hard, but again they do this while ignoring some of the biggest issues in the game. If you're going to SNEAK IN a change, then you sneak in changes to Mori's and Key's and be like "Woops, forgot to put that in the PTB. Oh well, enjoy the new moris and keys!"

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Trail of torment and Forced Penance both got big buffs. Just saying.

• Levitika
    Levitika Member Posts: 226

Great! Fantastic! Trail Of Torment presents a new way to play the game entirely, that's good and interesting. The buff to Forced Penance doesn't make it overly more powerful, as you're still forced to go after one person or another; you don't really gain much through it.

Both of these do not negate the fact that not a single survivor perk has been nerfed since 2019.

• BodamEscapePlan
    BodamEscapePlan Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2020

Oh... yay! A perk that is literally worthless and nobody has or will ever use (Forced Penance) and a perk that has an unnecessary stipulation that totally negates any potential mind-game or confusion by highlighting the generator in yellow to make sure survivors don't get *too confused*. Give me a break. The "balance changes" they've made in the past six months have been a complete and total waste. Any idea that the developers are interested in keeping things fresh and interesting for killers is a joke.

Besides, I would hardly consider Trail of Torment's change a "buff." I mean, any survivor that's not brain-dead will just tap the generator the first time they see it and then what? Is every survivor just going to forget about it for the rest of the match?

• IshinSolarc
    IshinSolarc Member Posts: 114

If you wanna know why they changed it, it's probably the same dev who thought Pop was a problem, that one.

• NuclearBurrito

Ok so tell me. Is the highlighted gen from ToT a spot to avoid or a spot to go to?

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited October 2020

Honestly it probably makes no difference. If you've ever run object you'll know a 72 meter range really only gets out of range on opposites sides of the map.

a 96 meter range? You'll have to be on the opposite sides of really big maps for that trigger. Like I think mother's dwelling and maybe ormond and yamaoka are the only maps where maybe it sometimes won't trigger. I think practically the perk is no different.

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320

They also took away the constant noise notifications reminding you that survivors are on the gen, now its just only once.

Good players who ran Discordance used the noise notifications as information. You didn't have to look at the gen to know discordance was working or where the gen they're working on is at.

• BodamEscapePlan
    BodamEscapePlan Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2020

It's both.

Example: a group of survivors see a generator turn yellow; what is a survivor going to think and do? They're going to immediately determine that the killer is now in the "Undetectable" state and immediately tap the gen at the earliest opportunity. This perk can be negated so quick and easily that it's essentially useless against all but absolute new players that will likely only be confused the first time they see it. I would argue that it's about as useful as Knock Out is.

Am I wrong or is there something I'm not understanding about the perk?

• NuclearBurrito

That's the thing. You can't simultaneously go to an area and avoid the area at the same time. They are mutually exclusive and the perk pushes you in both directions.

Sure you can TRY to immediately tap the gen, but by doing so there is a good chance that you will instead just get hit by the undetectabe Killer. But you can't just ignore the gen because then he just says undetectable forever.

If I can have Survivors run straight at me every time I kick a gen then I'd say that's a pretty powerful effect. Basically a free hit every 60 seconds, which is easily worth it.

And if they don't immediately rush in to tap the gen, then it turns into a mindgame. The Survivors know where you start, but they don't know where you are heading. With old ToT this wasn't an issue, since they know the angle you could be coming from and can just wait it out anyways. But with new ToT they can't wait it out. They eventually have to declare that you went somewhere else and try to tap the gen. If they guess you left when you haven't, or if you were walking towards them when they go for the tap, then you get a free hit. But if they wait to long to decide then you get to be undetectable long enough to wrap around a Survivor.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited October 2020

because the devs hate you /s