Why do people say this game is survivor sided?

Looking at these stats that DBD posted on Twitter, a LOT more survivors have died than escaped.

Comments

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77

Hah.

Is this a troll post?

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

But what are the factors used? Because you can’t count rank 20s into stats like they most likely did.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
  • notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,798

I would dispute that this game is survivor sided, but these stats are not good evidence of that. The devs stated these numbers were just pulled together from rift challenges, so they're definitely not comprehensive numbers over all trials.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Stats don’t mean anything, they are out of context.

The game is survivor sided for top tier plays. And there it is heavily survivor sided. If you are a casual (and possibly also solo) survivor, your experience will be far worse than that of killer players though.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

I was genuinely just curious. Good lord this community is filled with #########

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690
    edited October 2020

Because a killer's success is largely based on their objective—killing the survivors. Survivors don't have to escape to pip. It's much easier to pip up as a survivor because of how lenient the system is to them.

But that's not the main reason. The main reason is that in higher levels of play, survivors never play alone; they play with their friends and are on things like Discord. It's a team of organized and experienced survivors that a killer cannot feasibly keep up with. Teams often use similar perks and one of the most notable combos is DS-Unbreakable, so that's potentially 4 survivors each able to possess a full minute of invulnerabilty. Collectively, that's 240 seconds of the killer being able to do nothing to the survivor team as they all keep slamming the gens. If the team's members are competent at looping, then getting enough downs in time to pressure other survivors is extremely difficult. There is a big reason the Nurse is considered the strongest killer in the game because of just how lethal she is, so she can move on to the next survivor.

I hope I answered your question.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Considering the amount of posts you have on the forums you must have known the type of response you'd get from making this post. Oh and my response to your original post is:

Overall this game isn't killer or survivor sided. At the lower ranks it's very killer sided, but at the highest level play it's absolutely survivor sided, but for the average/above average player it's pretty balanced, and usually it's down to the skill of the players and the better side wins. I think the whole "game is survivor sided" mindset comes from people not willing to accept they make mistakes and have serious holes in their game. Yeah sometimes you get ######### over by map RNG, the game being terrible and not working but more often than not it's because they were outplayed, made mistakes and refuse to admit that they did, and as a result they don't improve and continue to blame the game for their losses.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Imagine these stats wouldnt show DCs and Suicides..

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    edited October 2020

Sorry the people on the internet aren't being nice in bait thread lmao

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

For real cuz look at the killer stats they said nurse was F tier trash which everyone knows is not true it’s just they counted rank 20s who haven’t hit the skill ceiling yet

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

The reason people say this game is survivor sided is because it is.