Did we forget something?

Did everyone just forget that the devs are humans and they need to pay taxes and support there family’s I find it so funny how everyone’s complaining about how there greedy and don’t care about us. But I’m telling the truth yes the rift is a cashgrab and the event sucks it’s not good as 2018 but in the end there running a business they need to make money to pay bills and support everything. You guys are a joke.

Comments

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Don't blame the worker, blame the soulless share holders (aka the entity)

Profit for t3h profit god, crushed workers spirits for the crushed workers spirit throne!

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Welcome to real life, there running a business they need to make money but the event was ######### I agree but everyone acts like they need to do everything they say there so entitled.

• Kingsland
    Kingsland Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2020

Do not bring logic to this forum. This is a salt mine with 4 year vets with rose-tinted glasses that reminisce about the "good ol' days". This game has improved every patch, but they are too jaded to see it. Sure, this event may not of lived up to your expectations, but isn't that your fault?

You want free skins? Complete the free portion of the battlepass.

You want something to more to do? Complete page 1 of the Tome.

Post edited by Kingsland on
  • Chilli_man2400

All coding it’s not just DBD every game that releases a update will always have bugs you fix one and 2 more appear video game patch’s is like a Hydra.

• Chilli_man2400

Thank you very much everything you said is the dbd fan base in a nutshell.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

You people have funny ideas how much this stuff costs...

• Kingsland

It may not be Indie, but it's certainly not AAA. Compare this game to a true indie game, or even a triple A title, and you'll realise the quality and quantity of updates far exceeds standards. Why look at their profit margins and demand more? Be happy with what you have, because it could be so much worse.

• Chilli_man2400

Yes I do they made over 44 games all from the 2000’s they were all pretty cheap games based on movies made on GameCube and Nintendo DS. They made a very bad game which was SBHP then a year later they would make DBD which is why we’re talking now. Yes I understand but there not a billion dollar company like EA, Activision, Take Two and Bethesda.

• Chilli_man2400

I absolutely agree but the problem is people are treating them like there machines and they have to serve everything to them on a silver platter. The entitlement of some of these people is just astounding.

• BowlOfSoup
    BowlOfSoup Member Posts: 22

I’m a capitalist. I believe that the success of a business model is reflected by the quality of the product. If the product is flawed, the consumers have the right to address the situation (respectfully).

I’m not a Karen or a Boomer, I swear.

• Chilli_man2400

Your right if somethings bad then they should say something. This fan base shows how not to give feedback they just complain and say there greedy and don’t care even though they do this was just a bad product they’ll learn and move on.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

sorry to say but this game is a powder keg ready to explode. DBD is the best asymmetrical game of its style out right now, however it still needs severe amounts of work. So many of us have supported this ugly little puppy for years thinking that someday it would turn into something amazing and it still hasn't, its less ugly but its still ugly. this breeds contempt, frustration, and anger because it fills a hole in a niche market that has few other options. We either have to drop the genre entirely and hope that maybe something else comes along that scratches the itch or we have to stay here. Sometimes staying here is the most frustrating thing in the world.

• Kingsland
    edited October 2020

Time are changing old man. Your dollar doesn't go as far as it used to, and your opinion means substantially less too.

Tell us their profit margins, give us their yearly growth quota. How much do you think employees are paid? Because I can assure you these ones you put down are not minimum wage slaves. Yearly raises to maintain employee morale, new hires, taxes, benifits, as well as being in the middle of a pandemic make things significantly more difficult to deal with year-to-year.

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231
    edited October 2020

"But I’m telling the truth yes the rift is a cashgrab and the event sucks it’s not good as 2018 ... "

"You guys are a joke."

So ... you are joking then? Or what is that supposed to mean?

I agree that some people here seem to want everything for free. But at the same time, devs are very busy to push out stuff that directly translates into more money like DLC's, crossplay and costumes and very slow in pushing bug fixes or in adressing balancing issues not only with a few perks but with the core game like matchmaking and certain map's etc. I mean 6 years into public release and only now they start to re-design the matchmaking ... that is ... remarkable. You are ignoring the elephant in the room and there are reasons why the communication between community and BHVR is not the best. Everyones pissed all the time. Largely negative. Almost no white knight's defending the devs. I don't believe that you can fully blame the community for that. Dev's have contributed to this over and over again.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I hope in real life you never complain about a business then. Never complain about someone getting your order wrong or something being late on delivery.

People complain because unfortunately the devs just ignore them on certain issues. This causes frustration in the community so they shout louder and more often so the devs may actually hear them.

• BowlOfSoup

Agreed.

consumers need to raise awareness to flawed product or business’ believe everything is hunky-dorey.

Best action is rallying up support in the community with respectful tone. Things will get done. Patience is virtue. BHVR is a business and they rely on us as a community to purchase their product to reach their bottom line + profit .

• Chilli_man2400

Yes just like the MMR and new auras remember that. How we as a community talked about it and they changed it you never know they might do something.

• BowlOfSoup

In the mean time, I as a consumer will not provide BHVR with any revenue from my source of income due to the flawed product.

• Kingsland

Whoosh

I'm sure the developers do not ignore any issue they see, there is only so much they can do. There is probably a massive backlog, and less assuming things that take priority over a hard to replicate issue only a handfull of people have experienced. Sure, voice your opinions, but keep in mind you are not entitled to a response from the development team when they notice it. Complaining is sometimes constructive, but often times it's not.

"Fix the game" does nothing for anyone.

• Kingsland

Like many things in history there is a line that will be crossed and it is up the masses to try and correct it, but please make sure you are picking the right fights. Cosmetics are not a necessity, they are a luxery. Your $20 game purchase from a year ago paid one employee for half an hour (or less). Dedicated servers have maintenance costs, and the employees can not pay bills with goodwill.

• Chilli_man2400

That’s fine I don’t spend money anyway cause I’m cheap. If they start losing money then they’ll start doing something if they realize something is wrong.

• CashelP14
    edited October 2020
  • Kingsland

Sorry if you felt that I insinuated that you did, I was just making a broad statement to any readers that non-constructive comments do not add anything to the discussion.

• CashelP14

It's no problem mate I didn't take offense. Just didn't have time to read and write out a full reply.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Can't really blame people for being disappointed that they can't earn cosmetics with an event currency as it's happened multiple times in the past.

• Chilli_man2400

I agree I’m disappointed to that I can’t earn the skins for free but that doesn’t give the right for these people to insult and harass the devs and feel like they need everything served to them.

• ItzNobody
    ItzNobody Member Posts: 185

Then I would suggest they run that business well and supply their customers with the demands they seek, else both parties will be dissatisfied. The difference is, the customers can play another game. The developers can't just drop dbd without repercussion.

Yes the developers are human, I am glad you understand that. Now try to empathize with the community that have followed this game since 2016, the numerous bugs they delayed to fix until years later (Pallet Vacuum), the bugs they create by fixing things that aren't broken (Hatchet hitbox and Vault speeds were altered before having their changes reverted), and now we are given an add-on for two weeks, and costumes that we can no longer earn.

If the response to why are the developers committing questionable changes is to go easy on them, they are human, or you don't need to stay just leave the game will survive without you, well that's just not handling a good business is it?

• Chilli_man2400

You are absolutely right I’ll just say it again. Yes they made a terrible decision with this event you should explain every problem you have but that doesn’t give anyone the right to harass the devs and insult them there human just like us if you want them to change you need to have constructive feedback instead of just hating and flaming them.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

They were making a fine enough profit several years and a much, much smaller playerbase ago.

• ItzNobody
    ItzNobody Member Posts: 185

Oh of course not, they shouldn't be harassed to a personal degree that would be rude. But they definitely deserve criticism for this year's "event". Lot of people just get done with it and the backlash from other players defending them that they give up and resort to name calling or harassment. Can't blame them for that either I guess, it's mean but not without its causes. Not to mention with their history and repeating mistake after mistake and pushing cosmetics out at a steady and reliable pace while bugs and glitches and errors and issues roam on for updates that take months in between arrival well, it delivers a not so positive insight to what may be a priority to them. There are a lot of contributing factors here and I wish it would be as easy to ask people to stop harassing the devs, but its just one of the effects that happens over time after a lot of stress/frustration I would think.

It is wrong, no doubt about that. The trouble is when someone argues why they should be allowed to do that, and when that someone is a growing number with each new update that passes. It's a real yikes for me, and I feel bad for the devs but at the same time I can see why people would behave this way.

It's like with the star wars movies when people went as far as to harass the actors for playing characters they loathed, its awful and wrong and shouldn't happen but it does and one can see why. Am I defending it? No, I'm just pointing out that their is an underlying cause behind it and that we should perhaps begin fixing this debacle by investigating the root cause first. How did we get here, why is this the reaction? Stuff like that. But yea, it's just a lot that goes on and both sides (devs and community) share the blame. In theory, both need to improve in order to fix this, in my opinion of course.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

It’s funny. When I was an electrician, if you messed up someone could die. You took your job seriously and you committed to safely doing your job well. This is their job and their well fair. If they can’t commit to a good job then they will be losing money. Simple as that.