For my console brothers and sisters

Options
2»

Comments

• tattiepicker
    tattiepicker Member Posts: 6
    Options

I've basically stopped playing survivor. Every game started to feel terrible, just bad teammates and killers not making the game enjoyable. I dunno if it's crossplay, maybe I'll try switching it off. The devs seem to be more interested in banging out new content rather than fix issues that have been around for years. They clearly only want to cater for new players so us older players feel it the most

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Biggest complaint for me is still the horrendous frame drop when hit with a status effect. Being slapped with sloppy butcher is enough to bring my fps to single digits it seems. I play on a Xbox One X.

Oh and the netcode. I know killer hit detection is being improved but it doesn't change anything when I'm getting slapped when I'm already 3-5 feet away from a window post vault.

• Darknightmare
    Darknightmare Member Posts: 4
    Options

I have the same problem, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one, but now it's harder to play as a survivor (I haven't play as a killer since the update, so I don't know if there is the same problem, if it is, they would have serious problems to find and kill any survivor), I read in a forum that the solution is taking off the Switch from the dock, wait some minutes and place it again into the dock, I haven't try it, but I will do it tonight.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919
    Options

Thanks, however the update on console was absolutely Iconic. It was above and beyond.

Now I get to teleport and all that.

• BowlOfSoup
    BowlOfSoup Member Posts: 22
    Options

That’s it..... back to No Man’s Sky....

*flips table*

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438
    Options

The FPS drop with aim dressing is started to annoy me the most about the game.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

I haven't tried to play since the Halloween event launched. I get the worst frame rate drops as killer, the hiccups are so bad that I miss survivors because I end up miles back somehow in a chase.

• potoo3
    potoo3 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Even as a PC Player I support this topic. I always wanted to play this game on console (looks more confortable). But I never tried. Because im afraid of buying the game and end up having all this negative experience.

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614
    Options

I feel like the we you are talking about is just you. You apologize and you really shouldnt because you cant control what the devs prioritize on. If that was the case I'm 100% sure colorblind options would be in the game since you understand the struggle.

It's really hard to keep siding with the devs when they are just, to put it bluntly lying. A console optimization patch was suppose to be out years ago, every update makes the game run worse, and for the icing in the cake they said no more exclusives which they lied about with this dwight crow AND the way most streamers r handing them out dont take console into account so its nearly impossible to beat PC players from getting the code.

There isnt going go be an ETA on console optimization as a whole and the only thing I can hope for now is for next gen to at least be somewhat playable.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,482
    Options

Also remember there is no Cross Progression with PS or Xbox, so you'd have to buy the game again, and the dlc, and any wanted cosmetics, and start every character over again at level 1 & one perk. Then grind again...

• Crap_Martini
    Crap_Martini Member Posts: 50
    Options

I had a gen pop in front of me when no one was working on it, no scratch marks and no survivor noises. That is the only thing since the update that I have noticed.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,619
    Options

DBD console edition has had bad fps as long as I can remember. It's robbed me if many wins and much joy, with that being replaced with failure and anger. You can't even play Doctor without fps drops, because too many effects I guess. You can't wear blighted costumes either for the same reason. Lerys is known for having fps problems and so do most indoor maps, or really any map that has a little bit of animation to it. Now that Springwood and Macmillan Estate have been remastered, they started dropping fps. Something's got to be done about the fps problems, because you can't even scratch the surface of balance issues until you address that, otherwise you're getting skewed results. Doctor and Blight would have way better kill rates on consoles, but the port fails them with its fps problems. Make us a good port or don't have one at all!

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,619
    Options

I have so wanted the mash phase gone. There's no reason for it. Just play the same animation but take the mash away. People killing themselves on hook, letting go by accident. It's more trouble than it's worth.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583
    Options

You are correct, doesn't address any concerns.

You are using the bible to prove god, makes no sense to cite the thing you are trying to prove (Dev tweets) with the issue (the devs being incompetent).

Also we already get enough apologies from the dev team, so don't apologize for it as it only makes the meaningless apologizes we get time and time again more meaningless.

• FernandoA007
    FernandoA007 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2020
    Options

First I know that saying this is going to put a target on my back. I play on PS4 and yes the frame rate issue is frustrating however I feel that patience is needed in this it takes time to fix these issues. They are aware of it and trying to fix it and make it right. No one is perfect and trying to optimize for all different consoles and PC is a lot of work. I feel that attacking the devs in this way isn't the right thing to do. Remember its a game you have the ability to play something else while you wait. Stop being entitled babies and just be patient.

• BowlOfSoup
    BowlOfSoup Member Posts: 22
    Options

Agreed.

Some people have issues with providing articulate arguments backed with objective evidence to raise awareness of problems they want addressed. As the reader you kinda need to filter the B.S and be empathetic to the argument .

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and has a right to voice it. Even if it is factually incorrect.

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
    Options

They have heard, this post was made before the dev stream, literally no one is complaining anymore. If they are they are entitled babies but right now this thread is inactive because they heard us.