BHVR doesn't care anymore.

When I first heard that you couldn't get blighted skins by grinding anymore I did not believe it. Why would they do this? I thought. They wouldn't do that would they? Well to my disbelief they did. They removed the one thing that made the past events fun and interesting to play, and for what? The one thing they truly care about. Money.

As of 1 PM October 22, BHVR has still not put out a statement. Only avoiding questions and/or deleting forum posts.

And that is exactly why I am writing this post. As a loyal customer I deserve to at least know if you plan to do anything about this event.

If you created this event only for money this is your time to say that to my face. Tell me you don't care about us or actually prove me wrong and show you care. Until then stop running from the consequences and .

Your move BHVR. Your move.

Comments

• They might be waiting to address it on the stream today.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

You know what that reminds me off?

"We're disabling the MMR system and reverting the matchmaking to it's previous state (the one with ranks all over the place)"

not long after.. "Crossplay is finally out! Have fun".

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

"Use the code BuyCosmeticsNow to get those sweet 69,420 bloodpoints 😎"

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

"What did you say?We can't hear you the money printers are too loud."

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I'm pretty disapointed in this event honestly. I wouldn't of cared if the reward was just a charm or a single skin. Just something that says 'I was here'. I mean, sure, we have Flashlights and Med-Kits but that's not something that lasts forever. You die or use it up, it's gone. The only part of the whole 'event' I like is the Ghostface skin, since he's my main killer I use and it looks amazing, but I'm not going to hand over money for a skin at this point when zero effort is being put into the game. I'd be happy to throw money at the game if it was stable and bug free, but it's not and at this point, I'll not spend another penny on it until the devs get their acts together.

• Seariph
    Seariph Member Posts: 7

I generally love the Halloween events and their skins, but not this year though. This year what we got was a cash grab and along with that it completely broke the game for PS4 players. I know this because I play PS4 and I for the life of me can’t stand playing with the amount of lag.

They also said that they would stop making exclusive items for live events or twitch streamers, but that didn’t stop as now Fog Wisperers are milking people for views just for small charms.

I love DBD don’t get me wrong, but the amount of crap I put up with to play it is getting old. Even the content creators are sucking up to the obviously wrong side. I won’t be watching those ones anymore. I can deal with the obvious cash grabs like the Minotaur or the Eternal Blight, but their focus has shifted from function to money. I literally can’t play it without lagging unbelievably.

The development team does not care anymore about what their players think. I didn’t wanna believe SpaceCoconut. He is right though

• kahuna
    kahuna Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2020

I am genuinely amazed that they didn't test the PS4 frame rate before sending the update out. Or, I think they knew the frame rate was an issue but didn't even care enough to fix it because they would still get money.

• David_Leon
    David_Leon Member Posts: 33

When they fixed the last FPS problem, I got some stuff from the store thinking that the Devs learned how to fix the game that they made. I wanted to buy like 3 or 4 DLC for h'ween but now with all this bad map releases that mess the FPS, I don't want to buy something that I won't be able to play because all the frame drops :(

• KaarelK
    KaarelK Member Posts: 89
  • HelterSeltzer
    HelterSeltzer Member Posts: 68

I have not paid money since the last rift and I only play for like an hour because I have a battle pass to complete in Apex. Mind you, I have unistalled during the last pass. I haven't had as much fun as I used to. Honestly, it's some players that make this game bareable not really the direction of how the devs update it.

• KaarelK
  • arekiel
    arekiel Member Posts: 2

As a player who plays both sides. I am very dissapointed in the killer add-on. As survivor you can use them item in a few months but as killer you can only use them in this event.

If you are going to say because its a Halloween event item then all the spooky items need to be blocked aswell.

• David_Leon
    David_Leon Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2020

Intel® Core™ i7 2670QM Up to 3.1 Ghz.

DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, 16 GB SDRAM.

SSD 512 Gb.

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM.

From Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/381210/Dead_by_Daylight/).

MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 or AMD FX-8120
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DX11 Compatible GeForce GTX 460 1GB or AMD HD 6850 1GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DX11 compatible
    • Additional Notes: With these requirements, it is recommended that the game is played on Low quality settings

I run this game like 120 FPS before the first maps upgrade. Having this at the Steam store and not supporting it sounds kinda illegal then.

That "Maybe it's time for you to upgrade your potato pc" seems inappropriate for a +18 years old community / game.

Edit: Wow, they changed the Windows 7 Support. This must be illegal in some countries, like changing a contract and agreement without a way of refund after 2 hours of gameplay.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

The only thing they care about is money and they've shown how far they're willing to go to get achieve their goal, ruining player good will in the progress. BHVR is going to keep making everything worse as long as players are buying whatever macrotransactions they're putting out.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

What should they have done in that situation? They released their MMR system, which many people were getting poor matches with, and which therefore clearly needed work. People complained, and they turned it off to work on it, just as they should have. They likely intended for MMR to come out around the same time as crossplay, but MMR is not necessary for Crossplay to work, so they probably saw no need to hold up that feature.

I'm not really understanding the "greed" angle here. Do people really feel compelled to buy these skins? In the past we already could grind like crazy to get like 1/3 of the new event skins. If you wanted the skins, then, you were probably buying them anyway. The way I see it, they could have just not done an event at all. The event is pretty minor, but it's still a little bloodpoint boost and some thematic Halloween stuff, so it's better than nothing. There's no need to buy any skins just because it's an event. Do whatever you'd like. Grinding for skins is fun, but removing that grind isn't what I'd call greedy.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

The thing is for me, yes the devs are giving us less, most of the rift I don't bother doing because I don't feel anything is worth it so I aren't going to do it, my choice. But then with the amount of people pissing and moaning about past events, no wonder devs feel the need to not put as much effort in because why would you? I am not fussed about them doing it for money because that's how life is and how games, etc people work in the world, I would love to see more in events, gain more for doing stuff but if people keep pissing on ones strawberries how do you expect the devs to react?

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Guys relax the devs announced there changing the event I don’t know what there doing but at least there acknowledging the feedback

• KaarelK
    edited October 2020

:DD Holy **** you don't have minimum specs. Look at your GPU. GTX 460 is 250% better in performance than your integrated laptop's "gpu". And the CPU is below the minimum by 8% and is from the 2011 while the minimum is from the 2015. It's 2 generations behind. Don't know from where you got your 120fps, by playing it in 360p ?

See thats our difference. You dont even play this game, but i'm. You live in this forum, i don't.

Millions complaining !? lol, you're smoking something illegal and again i don't live on the forum searching for others complaining

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

not buying anything till I'm happy right now with everything not happy.

• KaarelK

Cool my answer got deleted or just vanished. Anyway you don't have minimum specs, do research. I won't bother typing it again. Don't know what magic you use to get 120fps

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651

I have purchased 1 rift pass in my entire history of playing dbd and that pass was the last one I ever bought. It's just not worth it really. Let alone locking Halloween skins behind pay wall, it doesn't make me want to purchase the rift pass, it makes me want to not support BHVR.

I would love buying skins regularly from the shop to different characters, but due to the insane price they are sold each, I rather stick with the free ones that can be gained via playing the game (as should be the case when considering the game is not free to play and BHVR gets continued revenue by selling Licensed killer DLCs).

One skin costs 10€. That's insane. If they were half as much, I could consider buying them but there is no way I spend 10€ for a single skin, they are not really that epic-looking in the first place. Great, yes, but not 10€ epic. Take some inspiration from league of legends how to sell skins.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

A. I never said they were greedy, others said that not me.

B. What should they have done? Delayed the release of crossplay until the MMR is sorted.

There are multiple things they could've done, don't defend them.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

New players? Lmao with the way this game has been running recently I think anyone who did just buy this game is returning it or if they bought it digitally they're flaming the person who told them it was a good game and uninstalling it

I tried the game on ps4 today after reading about all the problems ( pc main) and Holy ######### these people aren't kidding at all, if that was the only way I had to play I would be losing my mind on the devs right now and I'm surprised the ps4 community has handled it so well , hats off to you console guys

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

Sorry, assumed you were going along with the thread. Why would they delay crossplay for MMR, though? They don't really have much to do with one another.

• NoObzBoiYT
    NoObzBoiYT Member Posts: 198

Just stop buying stuff. If they game dies the game dies. If the game starts to die the devs will start to try to fix the game and if they don’t, the game just dies ######### them

• OctaviusK
    OctaviusK Member Posts: 125

Dear Lord your going to make me laugh. The difference between you and I, is that my opinions on this game are made by listening to the forums, listening to complaints, listening to YouTube's. So my opinions are most of the time formulated to match that of the community.

When I said "Millions complaining" was an over-exxageration, almost every update a new thread about how horrible the framerate is appears and obviously you just don't see them.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Right, great. Go start a union, a union of the unheard and overworked DBD gamers.

"...say that to my face. Tell me you don't care about us or actually prove me wrong and show you care. Until then stop running from the consequences and ."

LMAO! I'm sorry but you sound just like some disgruntled ex that did everything wrong and is playing the victim.

" Your move [Karen]. Your move.", like any good telenovela, you leave us with a dramatic cliff hanger.

They clearly still care about the game it's why it's still here and why it's getting all these visual upgrades and such. If they truly didn't care then this game would have been shut down despite the increasing popularity.

Not liking the direction that they are heading does not mean that they don't care about their own game.

• KaarelK

Yeah i don't care, i dont have to worry about fps or optimization