Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Improve The Plague with these quality of life fixes.

xdshaunted
xdshaunted Member Posts: 2
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

So here's the preface, the Plague has a kit that has a lot of potential, and if BHVR were to implement every change that you're about to read then she would become far too powerful for what she is. Instead I hope that you can see where the potential exists to make her more fun to play as without frustrating moments that outshine the incredible moments that come with this creative killer.

So there are a number of small frustrations that add up to a bad play experience nearly every game. The most obvious is her Vile Purge can very consistently interact with a survivor and trigger yells from the character without initiating any infection whatsoever. If a stream of spew directly hits the survivor occasionally there will be no infection granted and so the very first QoL change I suggest is that if a survivor is hit with Vile Purge it should no matter what cause some infection. Survivors aren't running around with face shields.

My second suggestion has to do with the cooldown on Vile Purge and Corrupt Purge, which is to remove the cooldown trigger for an unfilled Purge. When you start a Purge the meter fills up and you can release early to partially spew. However in order to purge you must fill the meter approximately ¼-⅓ full at minimum. If you release too early instead no spew is released and the full cooldown of your Purge is triggered, which includes the walking speed slowdown. That adds nothing to the game except punishment for not holding the button longer to spend more time slowed down on a Purge you would have rather cancelled. It also punishes bad timing on short Purges meant to quickly infect objects within the game.

My third suggestion is to add a splash effect to Vile Purge (and not to Corrupt Purge). Her entire spew style is full of splashy goop that gets everywhere... Except it doesn't? You have to hit survivors and objects directly in order to trigger any infection, all while visually it gets everywhere. Perhaps limit the splash effect to infecting objects such as generators and vault locations so as to not overpower the Purge effect on survivors themselves and to make setting infection less of a time consuming chore.

My fourth suggestion is that a survivor walking over a recent stream of purge that marks the ground should take on a minute amount of infection. Survivors can easily loop the Plague and because they need to have direct interaction with a Purge stream to be infected they can loop in some areas forever with no repercussions (a fact facilitated by the walking speed slowdown while charging and spewing). If the ground that's soaked in spew helped to infect a survivor then the survivor would have to start making more dynamic choices during a chase.

My fifth suggestion is that you should better be able to understand how infected a survivor is. The green splotch in the corner is wholly unhelpful for telling you just how close to broken they are. Please please give us a meter or more contrasting gradient. The Ghostface meter would be perfect all green and splotched, you would be able to make more informed decisions as a survivor and the Plague.

My sixth suggestion has to do with the fountains the survivors interact with. Please give us a notification that indicates where they cleansed. As it currently works, a noise is triggered and the fountain now has a white aura but no visual way to differentiate it from every other white aura fountain in the game. If you can see the corrupt fountains from across the map you should be able to know which one is newly used. I hesitate to make any changes to the fountains otherwise, no matter how silly it is that a killer has a built in mechanic to heal the survivors. Seriously it's weird and takes a lot of agency away from her kit.

My seventh and final suggestion is to improve her object damage animation speed. Just five percent faster would be sweet. But that is less QoL and more of a balance tip.

At last you've reached the end of my wall of text. This is a culmination of many frustrations, ones that I initially blamed on the gameplay balance but slowly realized were more inherent to the built in experience with her gameplay interactions. I would love to hear feedback from anyone on any of these suggestions. Some ideas I believe are necessary, others would just be nice to implement. When the Plague works, she can be devastating and when she doesn't she's downright unfun to play and the game is currently skewed towards the latter.

Post edited by xdshaunted on

Comments