Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Midwich needs to be deleted / significantly adjusted.

Aztreonam78
Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

In my expirience, Midwich Elementary School is probably the most movement restricting map in the entire game. The two levels basically have just 3 connections: two upstairs and a hiddeon one leading from the toilet. Killers have too few options to move around the map and pressure the gens efficiently.

Additionally, there are a lot of pallets, but most of them are unsafe even against m1 killers. If we talk about Freddy, Doctor, etc, this map is awful for being chased.

So, yeah, as it has been said 100 times, this map is awful for both sides. Almost no one likes it, the vast majority of people find it annoying to play in, and since the rework and adjustments are very problematic due to license, the map should be blocked completely until the affairs are done.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2020

yeah i agree. with the limited options to pressure gens, a lot of them are inside buildings which are survivor favored so if the survivors get the unsafe gens in the open you barely have a chance to stop them from winning the match by just having two separate survivors on those inside building gens.

as survivor you waste time by running around these buildings and using the unsafe pallets outside them if necessary which often means getting downed when you leave a building. as a killer your forced to try to deal with the indoor pallets since they are so safe and many good survivors will simply take hit instead of using it until later in the game.

Post edited by AChaoticKiller on
  • Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I find it ironic that the map that had the most dedication put into it is the worst map in dbd

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I hate Midwich too. Not cause it's bad or anything. Just because i haven't played it enough to know the layout and i keep getting lost both as killer and survivor

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

It just wasn't designed for a game like DBD. They tried to stay as close as possible to the OG midwich and ended up shooting themselves in the foot.

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

It would be awesome if they didnt bother with the midwich map at all. Just Pyramid Head and Cheryl with a redesigned old map instead.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

a square map where you must hold W down hallways with 0 possibilities to cut people off/mindgame AND when you do catch up, the survivors have almost no loops for mindgames

Who'da thunk it'd be a disaster

• JephKaplan
    JephKaplan Member Posts: 308

I agree, its by far the worst map in the game even worse than ormond in my opinion, its just a w simulator for both sides, most of the time when i spawn i don't even know if im on the 1st or 2nd floor it all just looks the exact same, its boring and unbalanced

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2020

*poking my head out from a far back corner*

....Midwich honestly might be my favorite map.

*ducks back behind cover before the first wave of bottles and tomatoes land*"

I don't even care that its not well equipped for the traditional chase mechanics. It usually ends up being a fun change of pace to break up the routine, and I've had a crazy amount of fun games on that map as survivor and killer.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    edited October 2020

Well, I'm not sure about that. Silent Hill is kinda the name and focus of the series and probably the one consistent factor between games so it'd feel pretty weird to give every other big licence a map except the licence in which the location is the main focus of the series.

• senholo
    senholo Member Posts: 25

I like midwich because I'm a silent hill fan, but it's an objectively bad map for looping. All short unsafe loops, giant m1 hallways, and the suicide desk only room. You have to know the map very well to loop well on it.

• NeanderChaos
    NeanderChaos Member Posts: 29

I love Midwich as Survivor & Killer.

• BodamEscapePlan
    BodamEscapePlan Member Posts: 75

All I know is that I immediately open up the toilet/bathroom breakable wall to allow another option to get to and from the second floor. I kinda wish that was just open to begin with.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

Two reasons why I liked Midwich.

1: It's close to the actual original.

2: It changes up the gameplay by making people less dependant on cheap loop tactics.

• DaddyFatSacks420
    DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183

my immediate thought when I get into a match on this map “o nice”. It doesn’t show up much so maybe people complaining just haven’t gotten the hang of it yet. And if you don’t realize as a killer you’re best bet is to highly pressure the three gens closest to each other no matter the map, you don’t need to try to cover the whole map constantly. There was one match I absolutely destroyed survivors as the hag on this map. Just played as a survivor on it today, turned a corner to greet a hatchet to the face from the other end of the hallway lol. Needs to be deleted? Spoiled much? All that being said you do have a point about pallets they’re pretty unsafe to vault on this map only useful for possible stuns

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

I love Silent Hill and I nerd out everytime I am on the map but it's way too damn big

• DaddyFatSacks420

I’d be nice if people would play a match instead of instantly DCing or running to killer to purposely sacrifice themselves just because they don’t like the map or the killer they’re playing against. Seems like there’s always at least 1 every time on this map, maybe if ppl would just play they would get better at it, instead of making it more difficult/less fun for the rest of the team

• DaddyFatSacks420

I will say the exit gates on Midwich are impossible to have time to open when you’re the last survivor. Maybe move one to the end of the hall to right of the stairs (when looking up the flight of stairs). Or possibly rotate the courtyard 90 degrees so it’s not a straight shot. It’s too fast and easy for killer to go from one exit gate straight through the courtyard to the other, and back again.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

This map is garbage i play survivor im like nice this is a win and i play killer im like yeah this is a lose nothing i can do about that not only that but nurse cant even use her power on one side of the map

• Szarman
    Szarman Member Posts: 246

I don't like Midwich too. I don't like it when playing as Killer and when playing as Survivor. I hope that they will change this map.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

It's the only level that makes me want to disconnect as soon as I see it.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

Unpopular Opinion: I think Midwich is fine, and it is okay to have maps that feel/play differently than the rest.

• DaddyFatSacks420
    edited November 2020

But do you? Seems like people instantly DC or run to killer to purposely sacrifice themselves just because they don’t like the map or the killer they’re playing against. There’s usually at least 1 every time on Midwich. Maybe if ppl would just play they would get better at it, instead of making it more difficult/less fun for the rest of the team.

If it wasn’t a straight shot for the killer to get between exits it would give the last survivor a chance. If they moved one exit gate down the hall, or if they took the walls in the halls nearest to the courtyard, making a square, and rotated said square on both floors (or just the bottom floor leaving the top floor windows where they are) 90 degrees it would keep everything the same distance apart but the killer wouldn’t have such a straight quick trip between the exits.