In game chat

Wondering what the consensus is on some kind of in game chat like a open mic for communicating so survivors dont have to use discord or the ps chat party so that way they can work together easier and then dev's won't have to balance between swfs and solos and focus on the core issues of the game

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

The community is somewhat split on the idea, although the majority seem to be against it from what I've seen, for a variety of reasons. The general consensus among the dev team is that they don't want to have anything like that in the game and therefore don't have plans to implement it - instead, they are working on UI improvements to give solo players the same level of information that voice chat allows SWF players access to.

• yoboiii24
    yoboiii24 Member Posts: 9

Nor do I but thay would have to implement a way to mute people also

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

100% for voice chat

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

It would make the killer even weaker. If survivors had in game comms then they'd be as powerful as SWF, it'd be the same exact thing, there's nothing to balance around that unless they give all killers a 5 or 10 percent speed buff. The game was never meant to have SWF, it was based on peoples' ability to work together under various situations and make the best plays based on common sense and thinking. Comms are literally a free win, as they give survivors 24/7 knowledge on the killer. Solo survivors just need to adjust their play style. I managed to get to rank 1 solo (whenever I played swf in green ranks I always screwed around and never pipped, for me I can't focus well when in SWF) because survivor is so easy.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

I think the PS4 needs an in game chat to even the game out. It's stupid you can't communicate with your team.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

No!

I don't want to hear a screaming little kid

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

@GhostofYharnam

Well all of the games with a ingame mic option also have a mute option for any player... not really hard to press it.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I dont think that the game needs that personally but would be funny thought.

Imo this game needs a unranked mode for newbies or testing new builds, killers etc. In that case they could implement a voice chat just for fun. But for ranked no thanks.

Would be funny thought if the Killer would be in the voice chat too, somtimes less fun cuz ALOT of salt would be there but could be still fun.

• kjenn
    kjenn Member Posts: 7

That's a good way for the killer community to decrease even more. A lot have already moved to survivor mains because swf/comms is a massive advantage.