Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DBD PLAYERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!

hurryingok
hurryingok Member Posts: 49
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

I'm a new player, and the fact that the DBD community is largely held together by mutual distaste for the game we share is fascinating to me.

There are many ways in which DBD is a very unique platform. But this experience, i.e. being habitually involved with a platform you dislike, isn't one of them. It's one of the defining characteristics of social media. Facebook, Twitter, etc. What these platforms have taught creators is that they can efficiently fuel engagement by creating largely negative-feeling experiences punctuated by dopamine kicks. The cycle of chasing the dopamine kick via the platform that caused its deficit keeps players coming back. The only difference is Facebook gets paid by advertisers, and DBD gets paid through the store.

Cote basically confirmed my perspective when he told The King that DBD is supposed to be frustrating because that's what keeps players coming back.

The important point here is this: the anger you have as a survivor main or a killer main isn't because your opponent is abusing exploits.

Your anger is a design feature.

I don't know where this leaves us. But I'd like to see less unconstructive criticism directed at the community by the community, and less sloppy unconstructive criticism directed at the developers for particular exploits, and much more well-organized criticism directed at the developers for a high-level design strategy that exploits the neurochemistry of its player base for profit.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments