The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

There is no justice with NOED

Can anyone explain why this is perk should be in the game? Now 3 games in a row (solo play) where I work my butt off, make great plays, saves, runs, get the gens done, only to be one hit with NOED at the end and left to die by my solo teammates. All this perk does is reward the killer with cheap kills at endgame. Its a perk that admits defeat in not being able to prevent the gens from completion before the game is started. It's a perk that, at its worst, I have seen turn a 0k into a 4k. It lets weak killers take out great survivors - flat out end their game and prevent escape - because its one hit at the end of the game with little chance of being saved.

I know the arguments... "do all the totems" or "Play an swf". Neither of those are realistic every game. Many of us have to do a lot of soloing and if I spend all game finding all 5 totems (even with small game) its detrimental to the team and my score and my game experience frankly. This shouldn't be a find the 5 totems game. It should be a do a bit of everything game.

The point is its a cheap garbage perk that should not be in the game. It's ill conceived trash that needs to go.

Comments

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

Here we go with the shaming lol. Noed is an end game perk and the suggestions are correct

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Problem is that, yes it is a team game, but it feels like I specifically am being pushed because 3 other people are incompetent.

All I want for NoED are two conditions, and maybe a safety clause. Change it so it's only after 5 generators complete, and shows Exposed immediately. If they want to add protection for those that did bones, that'd be nice but that's probably wishful thinking.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

Get. On. The. Totems.

You start within ten feet of your non moving objective in every game. It's more than reasonable to ask to to do an optional secondary objective that also doesn't move.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

If the Killer was bad, your team should have no problem cleansing bones. If you die to a bad Killer who uses NoEd, it is entirely on you and your teammates. Not NoEd, not the Killer. This game is supposed to be difficult for both sides, NoEd is one of those difficulties. It's just not difficult to counter.

Killer has 4 perk slots, Survivors have a combined 16 slots. One of you can dedicate one slot for finding totems. You don't even need a perk slot if you just purchase maps on the blood web, so no, "more important" perks are not an excuse. Besides, if NoEd was as broken as a perk as Survivors like to complain, it would have earned a perk slot a long time ago.

The Killer definitely earns NoEd by playing 90% of the match with only 3 perks. Whether they do good or bad, they sacrifice a weak beginning and middle for a strong endgame, which could be to their detriment due to the fact that Survivors who use their eyes can remove it from the game.

Your problem isn't with the bones, it is with the Ranking and Matchmaking system, but since we know Behavior is completely incapable of creating them, everyone just wants to cry about NoEd to make the game easier for themselves.

• AvisDeene

Would you be okay if the game showed Killers that Survivors had Unbreakable or DS active?

• PigMainClaudette

You know that I'm the one doing bones to counter it, right? And that Decisive Strike and Unbreakable are also avoidable perks with the right style of play?

It's also like saying that survivors earn Adrenaline for surviving long enough.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Even if you do the bones, the killer wasted a minute of your time for doing literally nothing.

You can't realistically expect 4 solo queue survivors to do 5 bones for a perk that the killer MIGHT have.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

True, but I can expect them to do Bones on the fact that each unlit is 1K each in value and there are other Hex: Perks that benefit from dull Totems. There really is no reason not to do a Totem, and they do not take a minute.

• MusicNerd_TC

Doing 5 totems take over a minute, which is a quarter of the match most games.

Killer should have to earn their slowdowns, NOED shouldn't significantly punish players for existing.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2020

NOED is a perk for bad killers.

I said what I said.

If you're a good killer you shouldn't need it. It's frustrating with solo que because you don't know what your teammates are doing and could spend 20 minutes looking for all totems by yourself which isn't a great thing.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

This will never go away.

New players join. Complaints about NOED return.

Rinse. Repeat.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

It doesn't just reward bad survivors. I use it every so often in an actual end game build and play my whole match plotting and pushing survivors on certain gens etc for my endgame plan.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

People who use NOED will never admit how much of a crutch it is.

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

Oh yeah this is the stuff

I got popcorn

I got hotdogs

I got sodas

I got chips

I got expired candy

Anyone want anything?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

We will just have to agree to disagree. Survivors waste so much time lurking around while they sneak, it is no big loss to multitask and take out the odd Totem as you pass it. That is what I do, and I don't even recall the last time I was killed by NOED. :)

• MusicNerd_TC

It rewards the survivors for doing their objective, NOED rewards the killers for playing terribly.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    edited October 2020

this is the same old argument. noed rewards killers equally, no matter if they played poorly or if they played well. adrenaline doesn't reward survivors for playing well, it reward them for rushing gens instead of healing. you can be a complete potato and be rewarded by adrenaline.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Ttwylerr
    Ttwylerr Member Posts: 106
    edited October 2020

this is the same old argument. Adrenaline rewards survivors equally, no matter if they played poorly or if they played well. Noed doesn't reward killers for playing well, it rewards them for not protecting gens. you can be a complete potato and be rewarded by noed.

Oh look at that your argument can just be used in reverse.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

Can someone find that dead horse meme????

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

The problem is, if a killer camps your only real option is to do gens. You can't waste time looking for a totem while your teammate is on the hook. The killer only needs one decent chase, and then they can slug at the end for a 4K. Especially if the gates spawn close to each other. And its effectiveness (or lackthereof) doesn't matter, much like OoO's effectiveness doesn't matter. Neither may be great perks that guarantee success, but they're both not very fun to play against.

• Mushy_Peas
    Mushy_Peas Member Posts: 10

Please don't take this as a personal attack, but someone has to say this eventually.

First, you admit that you did the bones, and your three teammates did not. Your solution is to blame the KILLER for the inactivity of your own TEAMMATES who did not contribute to an objective.

Why don't you just blame the killer for not doing gens, too.

And second, I've seen how you play. I know you. And it's pretty much always the same. You are suspicious that they have NOED. You, WITH SPINE CHILL, get on a gate to open it.

Spine Chill is active.

You can hear the Terror Radius getting louder and louder.

You know they are coming.

Despite this, you stay on the gate until you have LOS to the killer, and TO NO SURPRISE, they chase and down you.

Also, to even LESS surprise, your scared teammates ditch you, and you die.

Now, I'm not implying anything here. But I'm sure some players might handle this situation differently than described above.

I would be interested to see what results they have.

Again, not a personal attack. Just food for thought. Don't @ me.

• superc37
    superc37 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2020

For the same reason survivor crutch perks like DS, unbreakable, borrowed time, sprint burst, adrenaline, etc exist OP.

• AvisDeene

Yes.

The person who is being camped should have been aware of their surroundings before they got in a chase and should have given their teammates enough time to do one or two gens before they got hooked.

If they went down before some gens got done, that’s on them. Learn to loop, the maps are literally designed to waste the Killers time.

Once hooked, the rest of the gens can be completed if the Survivors know what they’re doing. Even versus Bubba, optimal Survivors can always trade hooks with the hooked person or even escape and waste more of his time.

Survivor mains don’t like hearing this, but most of their problems come from the fact that they’re simply bad at the game. That’s why there is so many requests for “nerf nerf nerf”.

Just as the Killer is not entitled to get a Kill, Survivors are not entitled to Survive a match or rescue their teammate. You always have the option of opening the gate and leaving.

• superc37
    superc37 Member Posts: 2
  • Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

It should be in the game because old ruin isn't. Do the totems, you have plenty of time nowadays. If you don't even want to do that, at least remember where some are and take a look before rushing out the gate.

• Mushy_Peas
    Mushy_Peas Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2020

"I do what I have to for my team. They don't."

They why is it "stupid killers playing video game" and not "stupid survivors ruining my games"?

If they aren't gonna help you, just hide and let THEM get downed. No point being the bait for a useless team. Use them as bait instead, and maybe they'll learn from their failures. Behold the no-bones counter to NOED; sacrifice the non-boners to teach them a lesson.

Here's a life lesson for everyone: if someone is causing a problem for you, make it THEIR problem instead.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • PigMainClaudette

Killers take my immediate ire for having the perk.

The survivors have a longer lasting one because they allowed it to happen.

People excusing the perk on these forums keep me frustrated with it for having terrible excuses.

I am frustrated with EVERYONE over the perk. bHVR for making it, other killers for using it and other survivors for not removing it.

If you are who I think you are, you've been in my head long enough to know that.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I am tempted to throw on NOED just for the laughs I'll get out of it...

But anyway this has already been said but I'll say it again... A totem counter would be nice (for all players)

Better map design would be a good thing...

Better totem placements also are a good thing...

the only reason this perk gets the most complaints is because it's a surprise... From when it activates to when the first survivor goes down...

I once had a match where I did 4 totems and 1-2 gens (with help) then NOED showed up... But the killer wasn't really trying in the first place so we all were able to leave...

• MusicNerd_TC
    edited October 2020

What's wrong with people using the perk? Perks are meant to be used pig, I hate NOED just like you do (as you know), but there isn't anything wrong with using a perk.

• PigMainClaudette

Same thing as throwing yourself at the killer with DS. It's incredibly frustrating to deal with, and I hate getting punished for the actions of others.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
  • MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

NOED is easy to deal with! As a solo survivor I don't get triggered if NOED pops up!

I don't do totems unless I come across them as I'm playing (or if we are notified of Decor Hope), if NOED pops up, if I don't come across that totem as I'm heading to the exit gates I'm leaving!

It's in the survivors hands to eliminate totems, their optional objectives! Instead of getting tilted about the perk, just get out of the match

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It's a free kill perk. There's nothing really more to be said: do bones, get 4k'd for wasting so much time. Don't do bones, watch your teamate die. Yay. Fun times.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

But that is a matchmaking issue, not an issue of the perk.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

NOED is a bad perk. It leaves you without a perk slot for an entire match until the endgame and can be countered reliably.

It CAN reward bad killers, but not everyone who runs it is a bad killer. Same logic with DS for example. A survivor can be caught off guard after a killer hooks someone, getting them downed. But DS saves them and makes up for their poor skill. If you run DS you aren't immediately bad, but it rewards bad plays.

The argument of only rewarding bad killer plays is stupid. If both sides are playing well, the last gen is bound to pop. Ideal matches are 2ks after all.

I

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Noed doesn't work on me. There's no bones left for noed to activate.

The shock on the killers face at end game.

I love noed, waste of a killers perk. I want noed to stay.