The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

There is no justice with NOED

2»

Comments

• Hamburgerlar
    Hamburgerlar Member Posts: 58

According to the survivor's handbook this is just another perk that killers are not allowed to have it's here on page 52.

• BestGame
    BestGame Member Posts: 69

small question here ? why gen rush ? why not do bones ? as simple question like that...

• Dead_By_Devs
    Dead_By_Devs Member Posts: 40

Simple do bones, gens are fast anyways. There are countless perks, not to mention an item thats rarely used, The map.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

How is a HEX perk an issue? They are suppose to be strong because they can be canceled before they even work. It’s this magical thing call high risk high reward. And why is it this perk you choose? Hex:Ruin, Hex:Undying, Hex:Haunted Grounds, and Hex:Devour Hope are all stronger totem perks then Hex: No One Escapes Death. And don’t say it’s cuz of exposed two of the other totems do this and multiple killers do it basekit or with add ons.

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

Any topping you want, except mayo.

Please don't ask for mayo on a hotdog.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

I'm glad you got my point. They are both unfair perks, they are opposite sides of the same coin. None of them should exist. Well done, mate!

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124

Do bones.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

In my experience, a Killer usually gets 1 down with NOED and then it gets cleansed, against decent Survivors anyway. It's really not that strong considering you have to wait all game to get it.

Besides, good Killers don't need NOED to kill you anyway.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

Exactly, if someone gets a 4k solely because of NOED, then those survivors are garbage.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited October 2020

I was never a NOED fan (as a Killer) because I don't like fighting one Perk down the entire match. I play Myers and I just need too many other things to waste the slot. I consider NOED to be a bad Perk for Killers, not a good one. For all the angst about it, few Killers make bank on it once you leave the Potato Ranks. What tends to happen is the Perk is popular with newbie Killers, eventually falls out of use as you find your skills and more effective Perks.

However, in fairness, it makes a return. Red Rank Killers like it. Why? They have gotten so good that they can afford to play the match without any Perks, and certainly don't mind playing one Perk down. It is effective against SWF who haven't had to deal with it in quite some time. Combined with things like Blood Warden it is downright horrific.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Can I get a hotdog, no mustard please also a soda would be fine.

I haven't seen a "nerf noed" post in a while so this is good.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Don't complain anymore. You'll get people to just do whataboutism and ignore the point. Noed can suck but its easy to deal with and solo is a ######### show so just learn to accept it as hard as it is

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

NOED is just annoying, its balanced otherwise.

Unique perk, as if you are a survivor you can play around it and disable it, however you might also go down to it which is annoying.

Just as a survivor however, a killer using it wastes a perk slot until end game, and it might not even help him.

So really I think NOED is just annoying.

• carpet1987
    carpet1987 Member Posts: 17

yep noed its not a big deal cuz it works for filthy killers main but dead hard even when its so ######### right now keep crying about it , the best thing killer main do in this forum is cry for mama devs.

• senholo
    senholo Member Posts: 25
  • BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Do bones.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

if you dont do the 2nd objective you die so do the bones

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

according to statistics we dont see a strong correlation between pick rates of noed and win rates of killers therefore we see no need to look at said perk

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2020

My main problem with NOED as Solo player is the fact that even if I cleansed half the totems, manage to avoid the Killer, juked him and actually did a good job if Im the one who is chasing when the 5º gen activates Im going down and it feels super unfair, I did my part and my teammates did not, why Im being punished for their lazyness?.

In the end since cleansing all 5 totems as Solo is almost impossible, unless the Killer is already using other Hexes, my main counterplay is playing extremely conservative when the last gen is close to activate so the one who ends hit with NOED is someone else, then open gates and get away asap unless I manage to see the totem on my way out to the gates, Its cowardice? yes but as I said many times on endchat, "I did my job, Im not going down for you".

I think the best way to rework NOED would be similar to DH but in inverse, a Hex that activates when all gens are done and is stronger the more totems there are (counting Hexes), with 5 it could be much more stronger than it is now to punish gen rushers harshly, with only 1 left it could be tamer so it does compensate Survivors for doing the totems but missing one.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

I'm pretty sure Justice isn't the purpose with NoED. And I don't mind using it or playing against it. Survivors get plenty of 2nd chance perks, why not give one to Killers?

With 4 Survivors to manage and unpredictable matchmaking, NoED is a reasonable option.

• Moundshroud
    edited October 2020

Because it isn't a 1v1 game. It is a 4v1 game and that means your greatest strength (numbers) is also your greatest weakness. Take solace in the fact that you can blame others for your losses and have a leg to stand on. The teams of Survivors are only as strong as their weakest link. A Killer has no one to blame but him/herself.

Post edited by Moundshroud on
  • WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Feel bad man I've been lucky with Noed in where it would've make no difference if there wasn't noed.

• HectorBrando

No thats not true, a Killer has the Survivors and BHVR to blame for their loses.

Anyway I understand the whole "team" thing though in Solo queue there is not a team, more of an alliance of convenience also it wont stop the feeling of injustice NOED brings but as I said playing conservative in a trial last throes usually saves me from it so its been a long time since the last time it affected me.

• Moundshroud

No, with all due respect, they don't. Killers have only themselves to blame for their failures. They delude themselves when they try to scapegoat their opponents or the company. :)

• HectorBrando

I know, it was a joke about all the whining from people about balance not acknowledging they may not be THAT good.

• Moundshroud
  • Impermanent
    Impermanent Member Posts: 48

Unsurprisingly I agree with most all the anti NOED comments and none of the pro NOED comments. lol. People saying that you can just get all the gens and all the totems vs a camping bubba are COMPLETELY out of touch with the survivor game. And it's not about whether we know it's coming or not... I generally expect it... but you still can't do anything about it when the 5th gen pops and the killer happens to see you or, worse, is right by you. You go down in 1 hit and often that's your game. Sure, sometimes even as a solo teammates will look for the NOED to save you but very very often they go down as well. Best case scenario its like farm and all 4 survivors are still around. Odds of things going south fast are much higher if its an indoor map or fewer than 3 others left.

Worst memory was Dusty Noose. 3 people were on last gen in the corner clockwise from the saloon at that corner building and I got hooked at the far end of the middle road. BBQ showed Freddy where they were. The gen popped and NOED kicked in. They all ran toward a gate and me (roughly the same clockwise direction). He downed the person nearest the gen, then the guy more clockwise, then the person that saved me off the hook right after they saved me, then me shortly after being saved.

It rewards bad killers with easy kills and a much reduced chance of saving. I have run the Small Game build and gotten all 5 totems many times. Sometimes the killer never had NOED. Sometimes the reduction in gen pressure cost the game. Sometimes it worked. Again, you cant expect players to do this every game to counter this ridiculous perk. The game would be better without it.That's all I'm saying.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

I prefer rancor over NOED personally, it gives information throughout the game that throws survivors off. It also allows you to one hit and mori the obsession. This usually secures at least one kill for me and sometimes even allows me to snowball!

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Dude you get to the end game because killer is choosing to play with 3 perks only to get advantage back very late game. And survivors have the power to just take that perk away for the whole game, so it's rather OP for survivors. It's only a problem for survivors who gen rush and that is super easy to do, takes no skill.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

With the undying meta cleansing all totems, dull or lit, is the way of things in smart matches. If noed lives in your environment, you have two choices cut your losses and leave or be a team hero and run detectives hunch/a map/plunderers. Stop complaining about noed and just watch out for noed more. You'll be surprised at how ineffective the perk becomes when you change your mindset to overcome it.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

its only as good as survivors allow it to be, it can give the killer a free w or get them 1 extra down and do practically nothing provided survivors just play smart

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

I wouldn't call that an argument. You can claim any perk is OP by giving a specific enough example. NOED is extremely easy to stop by a halfway decent survivor. Finishing 5 bones before the end of the game doesn't take up that much time.

Don't solo queue then if you're struggling. There's an overwhelming amount of resources to help find other people to play with online. There are perks that do well against solo queue and there are perks that work well against squads, its just how the game works.

A team of survivors have 16 perks, a killer only has 4. A killer with NOED only has 3 throughout the game and can get denied the 4th if a single survivor brings Detectives. The build I'd recommend for you is DS, BT, Inner Strength and Detectives if its that much of a problem.

"You're doing badly and losing, here's *insert benefit*" is a pretty moot point since that describes numerous perks in the game, especially on the survivor side.