Help Thread for the DEV Team to fix the Issues with the PS4. Please share your Issues

Options

Hello DBD Community,

The last patch broke the Game on PS4 with heavy performance issues and I hope that this thread will help the DBD Team to find a solution for the Problems. I created this Threat so that all the Information and Feedback we have for the DBD Team is in one place and not scattered around the forums.

Please list down your Issues with the Game Performance on PS4.

Be specific and share your experiences.

For Example:

System: PS4

Issue: Frame rate drops. Stuttering gameplay. Massive Lags when <insert here what happened>

Map: Backwater Swamp

Survivor/ Killer: Meg/ The Blight

Time: 6pm

If you have Video Footage awesome, if not try to describe it as good as possible.

Please don't post any hate messages to the DEV's or the MOD's. Be respectful and let's find a solution together to get a fix for the problems as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Comments

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

@Peanits @Almo @MandyTalk any updates?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

And now I've learned that my PC used to run DbD worse than PS4. I feel some cross-platform kinship somehwere inside my shrivelled heart.

And it really didn't go away with a hardware upgrade, so don't cross your fingers for the next-gen consoles.

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Just be an xbox gamer. Problem solved. JK but I don't actually get frame drops, I get MASSIVE lag spikes though. The game freezes for a solid 3 seconds before anyone can move again. It's also pretty annoying when I'm right behind a survivor and then 1 second later they're way in front of me. But tbh, I'm not very surprised.

• Geondp
    Geondp Member Posts: 35
    Options

Have they even acknowledged anywhere that they understand its going on ?

I have been looking but NOwhere do I see that they even think it's a problem. That is worse then the problem existing at all, please talk to your "community". That's why you have so many FOG WHISPERS / community managers etc. A simple " We know we messed up and are working to fix it" would go a LONG LONG way

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

From what I've seen, no.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

Well acknowledging the problem is admitting they made a mistake. Admitting they made a mistake lowers trust of consumers, which lowers the chances of cosmetic purchases. For a company that ses to be devolving into only caring about making money, of course they won't acknowledge the problem. Just pat each other on the backs when they make a new skin amd xharge people for it

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251
    edited October 2020
    Options

In the last stream, devs have said that the fps issue is mainly for players playing in 2k/4k lol...

While players playing in those resolutions have a 2080Ti that has a 50% usage...

Lol, this problem doesn't come from ultra HD but it looks like they don't even know what they are talking about...

Why don't they hire a small team of developpers t hat know how to use the engine and to optimise games with it ?

• seekingowl
    seekingowl Member Posts: 3
    Options

A Mod asked for a video showing the fps problem occurring after the 4.3.0 update in a post about it yesterday (10-20-20), and was given a 5 min video example. So, yes they definitely know, but I can't find any acknowledgement or the previous post.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options
  • bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

On McLean stream last night he had "performance issues being reported on ps4" on his ticker of known issues. I could've missed it but I didn't see him actually talk about it.

• Zaibatsu
    Zaibatsu Member Posts: 20
    Options

Ok, I know that it is already said... but the PS4 version, after the last update has become unplayable.

The framerate is awful; full of stuttering and the worst thing is that you can't survive the struggle on a hook; you would miss a botton pressure and eventualy die due to the ######### frame rate.

Thanks for ruining your own game.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

It's intentional. It's halloween, so they decided to make the game more scary.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Wow, everyone apparently loves how cutting edge a massively empty game like Mirrors Edge has to offer.

Next time someone compares this game to Sonic the Hedgehog I'll listen with an open mind.

• DoctorDarling
    DoctorDarling Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hey everyone. Wouldn't it be crazy if people could bring up issues with this game without just being childish and rude and insulting the developers? Y'all are so annoying. Props to the OP for being civil, yawn to everyone who's always like "THIS ISSUE HAS EXISTED FOR DAYS THESE DEVS ARE GARBAGE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING THEY DONT EVEN--grow up you entitled children, good lord

THAT SAID. Framerate is unplayable on ps4 survivor :(

Glad it's an update issue (relax kids, these things happen on updates even with big developers). I had to replace my hard drive and I was worried it was janky.

It's truly incredible how often people are like "why doesn't this very small team of developers just fix things immediately or spend a bunch of money and resources they obviously don't have to hire a bunch of people to do it for them!?"

Patch era of gaming has made some serious whiny entitled gamers, man... zzzz

• fleuker
    fleuker Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020
    Options

My entire system crashes as soon as I get to the loading screen saying it's overheated. This does not happen in other games. I read that this was due to an uncapped fps issue at the loading screen. Has this been fixed? I try spamming X button to get through that screen but it crashes before I can get through. I have tried reinstalling the game, clearing data, initialising my PS4 but it just keeps happening. Please fix this.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

All maps. All killers. All survivors. Frame rate stuttering. Killer unplayable.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    Options

Hey, if you still got problems with the PS4 Framerate, please try updating your Firmware to 8.0. That might fix it! If this doesn't work, please ping me and I will get back to you.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Hello Myers I am someone that is not that savey when it comes to lingo or things would you be so kind to explain how we update firmware please. Or someone here to could kindly explain to me how to go around doing this. Thanking you kindly 🤞

🐷💖

• Esterhause
    Esterhause Member Posts: 40
    Options

On my ps4 Pro it only stutters at the very start when the camera automatically spins round.

The overheating problem and jet engine fan noise are still an issue, the vents are clean and this is the only game that causes this issue.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583
    Options

Exactly, can run every modern game at max settings, 144FPS/RR. I go on Dbd and frames are everywhere.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Yeah that's why I was confused tbh lol plus didn't know the lingo lol gonna check later and get back to Myers on it. But sure I am updated tho.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    edited October 2020
    Options

We've had people say they weren't updated ye. There was an update on the 14th October 2020. I'm mainly relaying the info more than anything else :)

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,445
    Options

This exact issue happened with Xbox1x's (no other models of Xbox) when Blight came out. Couldn't even start up the game until the following patch a week later.

• wig
    wig Member Posts: 18
    Options

Why is nothing being done about this? What a joke. The game needs a hotfix now. All maps affected, game unplayable on PS4. This needs urgent attention now

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

As others said, you need to update to latest firmware to play online games on ps4. Myself (ps4 original) and brother (ps4 pro) both are still having performance issues from the recent patch on top of the normal performance issues console already experiences with DBD (see https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187573/console-optimization/p1 for examples of "normal issues").