Help Thread for the DEV Team to fix the Issues with the PS4. Please share your Issues

Options
2»

Comments

• oooK3NJ1ooo
    oooK3NJ1ooo Member Posts: 81
    Options
  • Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Hey myers I checked and I'm up to date but still having major frame issues, thank you tho for your response will add any issues examples to this thread in hope it helps the team find a fix to our issues.

🐷💖

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

It's a slideshow simulator for me on PS4, nothing to do with my system since it's only 4 months old because I bought a new one so we could have the old one in my living room. I've actually went back to F13 which is completely dead and buggy, but it plays better than DbD right now.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

its been updated since the 14th. The killer role is unplayable.

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172
    Options

On PS4, if you don't upgrade to newest firmware, you can not access any online PSN services. If someone told you they did not update last version, I doubt they can access or play the game.

• JLew
    JLew Member Posts: 160
    Options

Heres my video of survivor gameplay after this patch to confirm what this guy is saying as well.

https://youtu.be/n3_s9lb8XNY

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    Options
  • Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I'm on 8.0 and I played a few survivor games to test, frame rate is very low on both old and reworked maps especially at the start of the match and it regularly drops even lower - I died on second hook every time due to frame droping while I'm struggling unless I was rescued instantly

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    edited October 2020
    Options

You should try nurse actually don't lol its horrible I retried for 2 matches one as nurse one as piggy and oh my it was just a nightmare frame wise and had a huge headache afterwards lucky I have eso to enjoy 🐷💖

edit to say all I want to do is the rift challenges but yeah that's a big fat no.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Ahah I wasn't willing to even try playing killer let alone nurse. Especially still being in red ranks despite not playing in a couple of months - I'll take it as a compliment, clearly I'm too powerful to be reset

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    Options

imagine this on LOW-end PCs ...ohhh god.....currently..if the devs dont do nothing to optimize the game....they are gonna make a lot of player with minimum requirements left the game eventually because of a huge low unplayable framerate....i bought this game 2 years ago...and this game is rlly degrading perfomance alot since badham and yamaoka got reworks... :(

• JLew
    JLew Member Posts: 160
    Options

Its really depressing that an update that causes this...it takes a full week to fix...i know games are tough...but man...its been out since 2016..and its every update

• BigHat
    BigHat Member Posts: 97
    Options

Still no eta on fix eh? Sure we can get the log in bonuses but they better extend the event.....

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486
    Options

well there is a second chance option... pay 20 bucks for DBD in Stadia regular account and play with ur low-end PC with high speed connection

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

That doesn't look that bad, but we all know it was worse in the actual game.

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
    Options

@MandyTalk can you merge my thread into this one since its basically the same premise?

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    Options

So still no update on this huh

• Zippy
    Zippy Member Posts: 38
    Options

I haven’t played since the update because it’s unplayable. Stinks. The strange thing is that it’s worse with certain killer characters. I was able to finish a match with the nightmare (barely) but got disconnected with the trapper. Trapper was so bad/stuck it was not playable. I had a 4K, hooked the last survivor and it froze up And it thought I quit and banned me from matchmaking.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited October 2020
    Options

I can understand why they don't, but I really wish the devs would just level with people so we feel a little less helpless here. Like, even if this were the response, I would be okay with it:

"We are aware of the performance issues that have worsened with the latest patch, and we sincerely apologize for the poor gameplay experience it has caused for some players. While we are currently investigating what's causing the dropped frames in the latest patch, we expect to need to rewrite substantial amounts of fundamental code in order to make meaningful improvements to the frame rate. This effort has been underway for several months and we will continue to prioritize it going forward, including during our realm redesign process. We will continue to keep you updated on our progress and we thank you for your patience in the meantime. See you in the fog!"

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Yeah,any kind of information on optimization would be appreciated.

It's just frustrating as hell to get no updates at all.It makes us console/low end pc player feel like BHVR doesn't care about us at all.

Just give us ANY kind of info please :(

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    edited October 2020
    Options

I have been playing with cross-play disabled on PS4 since the latest patch to level the playing field. The constant stuttering makes it really difficult to compete against PC players with higher and consistent framerate. I really hope this issue gets fixed soon as I'm finding it hard to enjoy the game in it's current state.

• HexSmolPP
    HexSmolPP Member Posts: 62
    Options

Is anyone else having their game actually freeze for 1 to 2 seconds during match?? We have 2 PS4 consoles, girlfriend has an OG and I have a Pro. We run side by side and so far I've compared them. On my Pro (btw is freshly cleaned with new thermal paste) it will do the normal framerate drop at beginning that everyone speaks of. But during match it will freeze 2 maybe 3 times. It will freeze when someone is opening a chest, finishes cleansing a totem, hook rescue etc. On a action being finished is when it mainly happens. This then cause me to die on hook or get caught mid chase because it will freeze for 1 to 2 seconds during looping or struggling. On her OG PS4 it's just bad framerate, she's never been screwed over like I have with the experiencea above. Please tell me I'm not the only one... Also really hope it's fixed soon. I have almost $500 invested in this game via DLC and cosmetics. If I have to give the game up because it's unplayable for me... I might gamble with a lawsuit just because I have the money to do so.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,372
    Options

I don't know how specific I can be when every match with every killer so far has had frame issues on both sides. The only specific example I can think of right now is on Ormond against a Billy the frames got so bad a one point he instant transmissioned into the killer shack while I was on the gen with someone else. Probably only a few meters but still.

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 391
    Options

I reinstalled the game and it's running better