Why do I always whiff with certain killers?

Options
Hex_Llama
Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789

I've never seen anyone talk about this, and I'm curious if it happens to anyone else.

My ability to judge my attack range as killer changes depending which character I play. With some killers, I know how close i have to be to land a hit instinctively (Hag, Pig, Freddy, Legion). With other killers, I swing way too early every time (Plague, Clown, Doctor).

In my brain, I know it's the same distance no matter which killer I'm playing, but, for some reason, my ability to judge the distance really varies.

Does anybody else have this? Do you know why it happens?

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

Clowns weapon is smaller then most taller killers

Plagues weapon has a chain attached to it

Doc.... I have no idea

Most likely server issues

This is all nit-picky... so take it with a grain of salt

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134
    Options

I do this with spirit for some reason. Especially if I haven't played her in awhile. I'll whiff a few times until i get used to it again.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

The killers you're whiffing with have a taller camera and are generally just bigger, so your lunge doesn't "seem" like it's going as far as the smaller killers. It is, but if you're used to lunging with smaller killers it can be harder to judge the distance if you're suddenly going from a camera that's close to survivor height to a camera that towers over the survivors.

Uh...does this make sense lol. All you have to do is wait an extra moment before you swing. Tbh I rarely lunge in my matches anyway, I almost always wait for the survivor to stop spinning and then just hit them point-blank. It's always funny when they realise you're just standing there while they're trying to spin around like a maniac.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I think the height of the killers might be messing you up, judging by the killers you've mentioned.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

Yes, i loved playing pig but had to stop because i kept wiffing and getting 360'ed like no other.

The urge of playing again is growing and I'd really like to give her a try

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Well the killers you swing too early with have a big drawback when you try to m1 if you're just holding the button for a lunge , it's usually better to get right up on a survivor first and just tapping the button instead of holding it will usually get you the hit but where you're used to the smaller killers and the big lunge they have ( having the same sized hitboxes as the taller killers also) it's throwing you off because you feel just as close, but holding the lunge on the m1 in certain situations give survivors a big advantage in juking you because they can fake windows or pallets and abuse the aim dressing , or 360 you way easier because it's more drawn out than a quick swing and you're a bigger character model