Demo Undetected status and his add ons.

I always thought that once you hear the power recharge is when his undetected status expires. The icon and the shadows on the side of the screen go away so quickly that I thought there is no way that is right. Now according to the wiki his base is TWO SECONDS!!? That might as well not exist.

Now looking at the add ons I am even more confused.

He has 3 add ons that extend that duration.

0.5 seconds? No way?

1 second...again no way

8 seconds? That seems ok but are the other add ons actually right and is his initial Undetected status really that short?

I always thought it was useless because you can very clearly tell he is coming out of a portal nearby and the Undetected status last a VERY short time. So its actually SHORTER than I always thought?. So I decide to try him with those Undetected add ons. If its really that short....then its completely pointless.

How long is his base undetectable status?

Comments

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

it is really 2 sec. but stealth on him is wasted anyway as you hear the exit through a portal like I think 12m (?) far and he has imo the loudest footsteps of all killers, which are not shrouded by undetectable

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

It's really only 2 seconds, these addons are trash, maybe not that ultra rare one, but the other two are, that's why Demo needs a complete addon rework.

I would increase his base Undetectable Status effect duration to like 3 or 4 seconds, also while Undetectable I would reduce the loudness of his footsteps by half, they are extremely loud, like if the Undetectable Status Effect never existed.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Wow....how did that ever become a reality.

THe worst add on should extend it by the 8 seconds. The first two are possibly the worst add ons in the entire game then.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Undetectable on Demo is borderline useless imo. Teleport and he roars across the map giving it away. And even when he is undetectable, you can't hide the 300 pound tank walking toward you. His footsteps are crazy loud.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Even if he is so L O U D.

• Milanceee
    Milanceee Member Posts: 161

He may as well have infinite undetectable status effect,but it doesn't matter becouse when he walks it sounds like a fricking earthquake.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

To be fair, his stealth would be almost worthless even if it were two minutes. Well, except for the lack of red stain, but I honestly don't know if that would be a nerf or buff.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited October 2020

Step 1: Screech really loud so the survivors all over the map know you are coming.

Step 2: Become undetectable for a laughable duration while the portal you emerge from make gross noises.

Step 3: STOMP! STOMP! STOMP!

Step 4: Where did the survivors go ? How did they see trough my clever ruse ?!

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Before Demo can ever be touched the developers will have to make a decision:

Change Demo as a whole to make them more quiet to put them inline for the warnings their power deserves(Which is none at all warnings needed)

Ex. There's no need for the global sound que for having one of the most limited, destroy-able, and slowest teleports in the game.

I mean hag needs to set up her traps but she has no sound tell WHEN she teleports to them meanwhile freddy does have sound ques but they are very limited where you can actually hear them and only for the single generator he's teleporting to(Unless stated otherwise by add-ons).

Or

Buff all Demo's power to make all of the noise notifications make sense.

Ex. Make his portals take longer to destroy and reveal survivor's auras in a moderate area around the one demo teleports too by default to make the global warning make sense.