Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

In game comms... where are they?

Why is this “team game” still without comms, or a ping system to make up for lack of comms.

Yes teams would get stronger, but then they could actually nerf gens appropriately finally.

They’re in a good spot for new survivors but are absolutely ridiculous against good swf

Comments

• TheeclumsyNinja
    TheeclumsyNinja Member Posts: 283

Not new lol 400hrs... am i a no lifer? No but not new.

Just anything really, not needing a peri to see everyones auras... something lol solo qing is booty cheeks and it doesnt need to be...

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

This. Back when I played F13 I was VS'ing a bunch of kids on mic in-game, and good god. I was Jason and they must have said every possible slur in existence, even some I didn't know of, all because they got beaten. So I'd be 100% happy without in-game comms in DbD.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The devs talked for about 10 minutes in I think Q&A #5 about swfs being something they planned to have from the beginning and also, in the course of it, about comms as well. Essentially the gist of it is when the game came out they were still working on two game modes: Kill Your Friends and Survive With Friends. It just so happened that they ended up releasing Kill Your Friends first (maybe it was easier to implement or further along in development at the time, who knows?) followed by Survive with Friends a bit later.

One of their concerns with Survive With Friends was that, while they totally understood that a lot of players would play on comms using Discord, etc, they didn't want to make players feel forced to be on comms to play or have comms be on by default. Their reasoning being that if a player didn't want to be on voice chat for personal or aesthetic reasons (to keep with the "loneliness" of the game's ambiance on the survivor side) then the game shouldn't open with that player hearing other survivors by default. So they figured that players who wanted to use comms would just use one of the various popular apps to do it and those who didn't want to use comms wouldn't have to "opt out" to do so.

Thus they don't have anything against players using comms but they don't (as far as I know) plan on adding it as an ingame feature, the third party apps do a good enough job for players who want it, and they also like the idea of supporting players playing the game who don't want to or can't use comms so they don't seem to feel the need to add it as a feature.

(If I paraphrased anything incorrectly from that Q&A feel free to correct me.)

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266

get comms for everyone then adjust difficulty = win and fair for everyone

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Hearing someone breathe heavily into a mic all game might add to the horror vibe I guess. Could get a jumpscare too when the 13 year old Nea suddenly starts shrieking about how you're letting them get tunnelled

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

That would be a stupid reason to not add a way to communicate in a team-based online game. Here's a wild #########' solution: ban toxic #########.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Hopefully far away, Im not in the mood for hearing some 12 year old (or a 30 year old behaving like he was 12) yelling in a language I dont understand because I live in Europe and we have a pletora of languages and no, Im not learning russian, polish, german, danish, norwegian, hungarian etc only to play this game, I already had to learn English, French, Portuguese and Italian, I think thats enough.

• Stonuk
    Stonuk Member Posts: 91

Dude, they can't fix bugs theat are in this game for years and you expect those wankers to add comm lol

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266

create country filters and a mute button and you re safe but i repeat adjust difficulty after adding this in a way or the other depends of rate (kills and out)

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Yeah I can understand a couple of euro languages apart from English but games with voice comms make me wish I didn't

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

What about countries with not many people playing? is not that easy, there are countries with few people who will suffer from very small comunity.

Dota2 with voice coms was... peculiar...

• vanhoya
    vanhoya Member Posts: 57

Lots of multi-player games have in game comms. Ie battlefield series. Put in an option to turn it off for those that want game immersion. Balance killers around the inclusion of comms. This will end the swf debate.