HellDescent
HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

Stop reviving old posts.

Post edited by HellDescent on

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    I don't think you were close enough in the video.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    I don't think you were close enough in the video.

It's just one of many tries. Standing on top of it to left/right yields the same results. Its a hit or nothing.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    You have to be pretty close, they have to be jumping in, and you have to only tap M1 not lunge. The window for the grab is pretty small. It takes luck and practice.

In the video, the timing was correct, but you were a step or two too far away.
  • Smoker101
    Smoker101 Member Posts: 52
    You have to be behind them or really close, if you try it well in front of them it will be a hit
  • Autoliny
    Autoliny Member Posts: 76

yeah you're to far away, can't catch them with the tip of your spiky dildo, as for direction, I don't camp hatches so it's hard to say, I'm closer to the entrance for the animation because all my grabs have been in chase.

• Yossarian
    Yossarian Member Posts: 7

The fact that hatch interrupts get a shout-out during load screens as something that particularly amuses the entity is kind of hilarious because it's like saying "winning the lottery particularly pleases the entity." I would love to see stats on what % of games a hatch interrupt has ever been successfully performed. Spoiler: it's a fraction of 1%.

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Yossarian said:

The fact that hatch interrupts get a shout-out during load screens as something that particularly amuses the entity is kind of hilarious because it's like saying "winning the lottery particularly pleases the entity." I would love to see stats on what % of games a hatch interrupt has ever been successfully performed. Spoiler: it's a fraction of 1%.

I think it is 1% out of 1%
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

You were definitely not close enough in that instance. To grab, you have to be practically touching them.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@HellDescent said:
    Do you have to be behind them in order to perform it? I never get a prompt for it. https://youtu.be/-Bo9laOWAcE

Objects may be closer than they appear.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Smoker101 said:
    You have to be behind them or really close, if you try it well in front of them it will be a hit
    I got a hatch grab yesterday from the front, you just have to time it right and be basically touching them.  It's just like a hook grab in terms of distance but they have to be mid-animation when you tap m1.
  • Samayel
    Samayel Member Posts: 33

Try hatch grabbing on PS 4 with all the framerate drops and lag. Works like .3% of the time.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Lol I see hatch grabs all the time. 1% of 1%? It would be cool if people could stop exaggerating ("every survivor and their mother runs DS" "I get camped every game"). Then we could have some actual conversations instead of living in this fantasy universe where nothing ever goes anyone's way.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@HellDescent said:
    Do you have to be behind them in order to perform it? I never get a prompt for it. https://youtu.be/-Bo9laOWAcE

You need to be closer, when you can smell the sweat, you know that your are in the proper distance

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Yeah you have to be closer to them like right next to them.. idk why but it has seemed like the grab animations have been messed up... like the animation starts and then stops for whatever reason