Just a Frustration Rant

I know, there's a lot of these. Just...just let me have this...please...

I've been having ######### luck on DBD lately. I dunno if it has to do with the new event or what, and my goodness it's like I'm playing the game on nightmare mode. Recently purchased Deathslinger- love him already. He's a comfortable skill level for me, as I play lots of shooters, and just the sound of his rifle firing makes players run in a scared panic (I mean, that's why we all started playing this game, right? To be scared? That's the whole point of a HORROR survival game. F*ck hooking people, let's make the game scary again, but that's a rant for another time.)

First game in, Do okay, 2k. Not a fan of his base perks (except retribution. Hex build, anyone?) but whatever.

Here's were things go south. Next 3 games, 0k, gen-rushed and looped around low walls you can't mindgame. Get aggravated, quit for the night, give up on the challenge I was trying to do (sac 13 survs) and opt for what I thought was an easier one (5 devout bronze medals). Start it up today, thought i was ready. 3 0k games. teabagging, body blocking while I carry the survs to the hook, swarming like moths. I rage-quit the last game (yeah I did that, I'll own up to it.) At this point, I'm asking myself- is it me? have I just been lucky with other killers? What the actual f*ck is going on?

Here's the thing: I'm sick and tired of ######### matching. i'm rank 16, being put against rank 4-8. I ain't ready for that #########- no purple perks, no good add-ons, nothing. Only Killer I have purples on is Trapper, and it's a ######### troll build. Why am I being being put against these people?

I'm also tired of feeling like I'm not a threat unless I play one of the meta killers ( I dunno is deathslinger is meta or not, he just feels balanced enough to not be meta). Survivors aren't supposed to run you in circles, emote and teabag, or even want to be close to you. They're supposed to be frightened, scampering around working on gens and running in panic so they don't f*cking die. At this point, i've gotten 'Entity Displeased' so many times I don't even give a damn about hooking anymore- I just want to feel like a threat. If the Entity wants hooked bodies so damn bad, maybe it shouldn't be such a ######### architect so worried about cat-and-mouse games.

...thanks, I feel better.

Comments

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 716

You are not alone in feeling this way <3

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

What walls are you struggling with? I’m a Deathslinger main and I main him as he’s the only killer I’m completely comfortable with during every situation. I would suggest sticking with him and you’ll get better with time. You’re being matched with people above your skill level but you’ll soon be right up there with them and you’ll win more than you lose.

I have played other killers but I always end up regretting it and thinking “why didn’t I play as Deathslinger?” As far too many survivors love to taunt and run to a pallet or vault, but I can normally deny them from getting there when I play as him. I’ve played FPS for years and I often use sniper classes so I’m great at quick scope shots.

Your loadout is definitely important though. You need something to slow down generators. My favourite build is Monitor & Abuse, A Nurse’s Calling, BBQ and Pop Goes the Weasel. Everybody likes their own things but I consistently perform well with this build.

• BugsGalore
    BugsGalore Member Posts: 57

Deathslinger is the perfect example of a very threatening chase killer with no mobility. I find myself ending chases quickly, but depending on the map size I can't pressure the gens evenly due to my slower speed. I find myself slugging a lot more just to keep people off gens.

A lot of people seem to think that gen speeds are the issue, but in my opinion gen spacing is a major issue on most maps.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

The matchmaking doesn't get better, trust me. Only you do. Since you're working with limited resources.. I'd recommend running:

NOED, Sloppy Butcher, Whispers, Gearhead or Bitter Murmur. His perks really suck, and you need a wide variety of other perks which takes a lot of $ and time to grind out. For addons, use both reload speed addons.

Also start recording your games. It'll be much easier to see where you went wrong. If you miss 10 shots a game.. there's no coming back. Be patient with your shots, don't be afraid to: fake shots, face-camp, proxy camp, tunnel, slug. There's nothing illegal about those things.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Deathslinger's gun fire doesn't make me scared; it makes me sigh in exasperation.

But for some reason, I, too, have noticed wonky ranks recently, with my lobbies being filled with green ranked survivors rather than the red ranks I'm used to. And that means I'm ranking up, which isn't a good thing because I'm not mentally prepared on most killers to face off against the red ranked survivors I do get.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

As a survivor I understand your match making issues-- I was put with green/brown ranks as a red rank and it messed me up. A lot of the time I'll run and save them, do gens, etc., but one time I was hooked and my teammates were all less than 10 m from me and sat in the bushes. They didn't know what to do, so I died on my first hook. Frustrating, but I've been there before. It was just crummy to have 3 people sit and wait for me to die lol

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

How are you getting looped at low walls as deathslinger. That's a free kill everytime.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

OP is rank 16.

He/She probably just don't know how to use deathslinger to his full potential.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,822

One the one hand, yeah, on the other hand, sounds like matchmaking's been rough for them and they're new with the killer. Rant all you want, OP :)

• azame

I understand that but op also said they were comfortable due to other fps games. So I would expect them to aim and shoot.

• azame

Definetly sh*t matchmaking I know all too well. I only said that cause they pointed out they were comfortable with slinger.

• Killbutton
    Killbutton Member Posts: 87
  • notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,822

Yeah, fair! Hopefully they just get MMR sorted out soon. It'll make it was less punishing to play a variety of killers, and plus, my teammates as survivor were better when MMR was live than they ever have been on the normal rank-based system. Pity we were usually playing against baby killers ;_;

• azame

The mmr needs to be sorted out soon. Last time I had extremely bad solo teammates. Worse than they are now. Then I would get baby killers that didnt know how to play.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

I suppose OP doesn't know that you can pull survivors around loops with low walls

• Killbutton
    Killbutton Member Posts: 87

Er, I should probably rephrase: walls low enough to see them/nix mindgames, but high enough to snag the chain/break chain before you make it around the loop. like, the crates on the Macmillan map don't get me that much, but the rocks on the halloween map do.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Try playing survivor for a bit of a break. Hopefully, you'll play against a deathslinger and then you can try to emulate them or learn the weaknesses of survivors.

• Raidyyy
    Raidyyy Member Posts: 26

I hav to agree on a lot of points and definitely the matchmaking system it's total bullsh*t I recently started again and I'm at rank 15 and I'm getting matched with rank 1 surviviors 90% of my time. Yes it's total bullsh*t but I don't expect this to be fixed soon because they just don't listen. That's my opinion.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

Ah,that makes sense.

I thought of that too.

As for your experience,sorry to hear that.This game is pretty much known for it's garbage matchmaking :]

Though the devs said they are currently working on a MMR system which may prevent those issues as long as they don't fail miserably as they did the first time they tried to implement a MMR system.