A way to slowdown gen-rushing (just a tiny bit)

This is to benefit survivors BP wise, and benefit killers to slowdown gen-rushing speed and attempt to enforce survivors to have to juggle play-styles.

If a survivor on a team has been doing gens and has gotten to 50% or 75% completion on "Lightbringer" then that survivor and any other survivor who has the same situation, their progression on the next gens they touch will be slowed down to a certain degree making them unable to complete a gen in a timely manner. However if someone else has been occupied by the killer and has unable to gain blood points in Lightbringer, their progression towards any generator they touch will be unchanged and it'll allow them to finish the gen in a timely manner.

This is to allow certain people who are unable to get points for certain emblems due to their situation of other survivors taking away most of the objective or being chased by the killer "endlessly". This enforces survivors who've been mostly doing generators to stop doing generators and give the other survivor who has less points to gain more.

It's just a small thought, it's not that great but if anyone would like to iron it out and give suggestions, that would be very helpful and appreciated.

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

This would encourage taking out the hooked survivor as quick as possible as it gives the killer more time to get the others.

It also makes camping more viable.

• B_Random
    B_Random Member Posts: 370

That's why I'd like help to iron this out. If you could help a little bit to make this work in a sense, then it could get better.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I don't think slowing gens is an answer at all as it makes the game more monotonous. It would also need so many restriction on how the killer could play be it camping or tunneling to not reward them it becomes non viable.

Making survivors want to do totems and open chests is an example of slowing the game down while making them walk around more. I feel they did try this with the perk undying but imo that promotes finishing a gen over unhooking as its the best way to make sure ruin doesn't come into play.

• BugsGalore
    BugsGalore Member Posts: 57

Slowing gens is not the answer, adjusting gen spacing is. I've said this a million times and I'll take it to my grave: I only get gen rushed if I'm either making a bunch of mistakes or I'm on a map with spaced out gens. If they make gens slower it allows the killer to make more mistakes and still not be punished for it. If we adjust map sizes and gen layouts, It would allow killers to get to a gen to stop it after chases.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Missed opportunity with the discussion title, not quoting "just a little bit" (Monto).

And also, no.

You do realize that this encourages tunneling a single survivor to make sure that everyone else's gen progress is slowed? And also, it's already painful enough with the kinds of builds out there to slow down gens unnecessarily to have to repair the same gen over and over again. It's the whole downward spiral of doom, and we should seek to limit the extremes not create them.

• B_Random
    B_Random Member Posts: 370

Purposefully made it a missed opportunity.

I guess that could make a bit more sense in a way. However just my problem is most times when I play survivor I can't be able to do gens or doors because I've been getting chased by a really stubborn killer.

Also "it allows the killer to make more mistakes and still not be punished for it."

Sounds a lot like Dead Hard, doesn't it?