Carrying Survivors

I feel like a lot of killers tend to take the easy way and when they’re taking a survivor to ththe basement they go off the side and jump down but since they have perfect balanced landing they can keep on walking and get to the hook faster and I hate it when you get right there at the point where it’s like 99% complete struggling and you’re like damn if they didn’t take the easy way around I wouldn’t gotten away. I don’t think killers should be able to just have everything handed to them like with the camping that’s basically getting an insta kill but like they’re just standing there doing nothing and somehow that gets them points survivors can’t jus stand there and do nothing and magically get points or magically get a gen done no they HAVE to work to survive so why don’t killers have to work to get a kill? Camping is already being punished soon so I’m not worrying about that but realistically if you’re carrying someone on your shoulders and you jump off of a cliff you aren’t gonna jus land perfectly you’re gonna end up dropping them so I think that if a killer is a carrying a survivor and they try to cheat by literally jumping to the hook jus so survs can’t get away that they should drop them or at least have a stumble affect cause not only is that unfair but it’s also unrealistic asf

Comments

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@thekatedenson said:
    I feel like a lot of killers tend to take the easy way and when they’re taking a survivor to ththe basement they go off the side and jump down but since they have perfect balanced landing they can keep on walking and get to the hook faster and I hate it when you get right there at the point where it’s like 99% complete struggling and you’re like damn if they didn’t take the easy way around I wouldn’t gotten away. I don’t think killers should be able to just have everything handed to them like with the camping that’s basically getting an insta kill but like they’re just standing there doing nothing and somehow that gets them points survivors can’t jus stand there and do nothing and magically get points or magically get a gen done no they HAVE to work to survive so why don’t killers have to work to get a kill? Camping is already being punished soon so I’m not worrying about that but realistically if you’re carrying someone on your shoulders and you jump off of a cliff you aren’t gonna jus land perfectly you’re gonna end up dropping them so I think that if a killer is a carrying a survivor and they try to cheat by literally jumping to the hook jus so survs can’t get away that they should drop them or at least have a stumble affect cause not only is that unfair but it’s also unrealistic asf

Do you really believe what you just wrote there?

• DeadByFlashlight

@GrannyonAcid said:
    Oh yes. The carrying people topic. I'm certainly alright with this change. But we need to fix plenty of other stuff. It's unfair that 3 survivors can group around the killer and body block him preventing him from getting hooks. It's unfair that sabo squads can 99% every hook in the game so when you carry a survivor there... They kill the hook in your face. And then you're helpless and can't get a hook the entire game. It's unfair that survivors can run through a house and jump through a window over and over again. Why don't they ever break their leg? Obviously if you're jumping out of a 2 story house, eventually you'll land wrong and it'll slow you down.

Survivors get points for standing around doing nothing. Being on a generator the whole game holding down mouse 1 isn't exactly difficult work. Maybe generators shouldn't give survivors points? Why does the killer have to lose out on gameplay because of realism. How about if a killer decides to jump down the stairs or jump down one of the hills.. He throws the survivor instead. Bouncing the victims head off of a rock or the wall and then they just die. Maybe that would be a good idea. It would fix your problem.

All killer should just stop carrying survivors for a week or two.
    After that , survivors will begg us to bring them to hooks :wink:

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423

@GrannyonAcid said:
    Oh yes. The carrying people topic. I'm certainly alright with this change. But we need to fix plenty of other stuff. It's unfair that 3 survivors can group around the killer and body block him preventing him from getting hooks. It's unfair that sabo squads can 99% every hook in the game so when you carry a survivor there... They kill the hook in your face. And then you're helpless and can't get a hook the entire game. It's unfair that survivors can run through a house and jump through a window over and over again. Why don't they ever break their leg? Obviously if you're jumping out of a 2 story house, eventually you'll land wrong and it'll slow you down.

Survivors get points for standing around doing nothing. Being on a generator the whole game holding down mouse 1 isn't exactly difficult work. Maybe generators shouldn't give survivors points? Why does the killer have to lose out on gameplay because of realism. How about if a killer decides to jump down the stairs or jump down one of the hills.. He throws the survivor instead. Bouncing the victims head off of a rock or the wall and then they just die. Maybe that would be a good idea. It would fix your problem.

Absolutely didnt realize how unfair this was. I will be slugging every game for the next 3 days in protest. Nerf killer balanced landing asap game breaking
  • thekatedenson
    thekatedenson Member Posts: 30

@DeadByFlashlight omg yassss I would love it if killer never carried me because I got unbreakable to help me, other survs to help me, plus I have a chance to crawl to a gate or a hatch. That’s a really good idea good thinking thank you ❤️

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

This made me face palm hard. If anything carrying should be made faster but it's still fine as it is.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

If killers can hook in every direction then I'm cool with this then. I don't find a guard rail being a big deal unless you are being greedy with your hooks.
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    honestly killers get nothing but free hand out I feel when wiggling it should throw the killer off balance even more ... sometimes it feels as if they aren't even affected
  • DeadByFlashlight

@Terrortot said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

Absolutely didnt realize how unfair this was. I will be slugging every game for the next 3 days in protest. Nerf killer balanced landing asap game breaking

It results in a flow of salt, I can guarantee you that.

I recommend huntress with nurses/deerstalker or a doc anti-heal build for slugging.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487

@GrannyonAcid said:

Gives me an excuse to use my walking dead build xD
    No mither, unbreakable, tenacity, and resilience or dead hard. Having 4 survivors constantly getting up and speed crawling everywhere would be hilarious imo.
  • DeadByFlashlight

@Oblitiry said:
    @DeadByFlashlight said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

No mither, unbreakable, tenacity, and resilience or dead hard. Having 4 survivors constantly getting up and speed crawling everywhere would be hilarious imo.

Go ahead, I would love to see such things in my games instead of the usual meta build, but sadly it happens maybe once every month (if at all)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@thekatedenson said:
    so why don’t killers have to work to get a kill?

bursts out 1 short laugh
    Seriously though, Killers have "the perfect Balanced Landing" because they're the power role: If they're gonna have something that's similar to an ability of a Survivor, naturally, it'd be a better version.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    edited October 2018

@Oblitiry said:
    @DeadByFlashlight said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

Go ahead, I would love to see such things in my games instead of the usual meta build, but sadly it happens maybe once every month (if at all)

Well it's no fun if I'm the only one doing it :[

It's kinda like whack a mole now that I think about it haha!
  • Entitled survivor main(tm)
    The killer is supposed to be the more powerful role
    That's the whole ######### point of a god damn asymmetrical PvP game
    One side has numbers, and the other is overpowered

Sadly, Dead By Daylight seems to have forgotten that, and tried to make it so one survivor can stand a chance against the killer... It's already survivor sided, and you go and complain about this?

Sorry to resurrect this dead thread, but, this level of entitlement needs to be called out

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@thekatedenson said:

Or better, killer while jumping from a 1m height breaks his legs, and his movement speed is 90%, 10% less than survivor. Is this fair and realistic for you?

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Poor little survivor. Just don't get caught
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

@thekatedenson said:

So talking about realism, why can't a 8ft brute like Evan MacMillan kill 5ft skinny Laurie Strode in one blow of his clever?

Why don't survivors die instantly when they are hit by Max's Chainsaw?

How can good old Philip Ojomo stand still and walk around with his tiny ass chicken legs?

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261

@thekatedenson said:

Do you really believe what you just wrote there?

They mostly are a survivor main so my guess is yes
  • Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270

If they go for realism this would be a completely different game. What do you mean survivors have to work? We have to finish the generators and leave without dying. The killer has to stop us from leaving and that is much harder than repetitive skill checks. I would say that being a survivor can be more boring than being a killer depending on how you play but not more work.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    You do realize there are maps where the killer HAS to drop to get a survivor to the hook, right? I.e. lampkin lane.

Short sighted requests like this just lead to bullshit, and trolling.
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@thekatedenson said:
    why don’t killers have to work to get a kill?

Try playing not only as a surv but as a killer, too. Your view on what is balanced will change, trust me.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Tsulan said:

@thekatedenson said:

Getting survivors to the basement isn´t exactly the easy way. That´s like doing the gen in the middle of the map, while the killer roams.
    Killers don´t get anything handed. Survivors do. You can escape without even touching a gen, unhooking a survivor or being chased. They don´t have to do anything.
    Killer had to work for that kill. He tracked you down, chased you, downed you, carried you to the hook.
    A 50 kg Claudette can body block a killer who tripples her weight. Talking about realism...

Nurse can get a ton of kills by doing 1 blink ;)

• jaerthebear
    jaerthebear Member Posts: 212
    P U N C T U A T I O N
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@thekatedenson said:

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,519
    I would suggest you stay as far away as possible from the basement while being chased. So long as you aren't running around the basement there's almost no chance the killer will be able to use it unless they're running both iron grasp and agitation. It's something you gotta' keep in mind as you play. The basement is not a friendly place for survivors, you need to avoid it at all costs.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Oh and btw

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Master said:

Oh and btw

Ima have to steal that from you @Master sorry!!! :smile: