The Meyers insta-mori add-ons need to go

Options
danielmaster87
danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,500
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

It's so unfair. You can play perfectly but because your teammates feed Meyers stalk, you get punished by the level 3. And that's just Meyers at base. With his tombstone add-ons he can just walk up and mori you. You don't need to be hooked or even downed for this to happen. I want to know: what were they thinking when making this add-on? This is even worse than pink Leatherface add-ons, instadown hatchets, it beats everything. It can even be combined with perma-tier 3 so that all 4 survivors can be moried without even being downed or hooked. And it's all done by just staring at survivors. I know skill is a polarizing word, but seriously where is the skill in these add-ons?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Spider175
    Spider175 Member Posts: 40
    Options

Tombstone Piece is one of those addons that's just... wrong. Like, maybe (and that's a massive MAYBE) if it was an ultra rare, required maybe 20-25 seconds of stalk and once used could never be activated again then maybe it'd be somewhat OK and even then it's a bit dubious. I personally like Myers having a Mori in an addon that he has to work for like Devour Hope but because Tombstone Piece is so easy to get it's just ridiculous. The Tombstone... eh I think people don't realize how crippling the negative effects of it is and that you essentially have to build your build around it but maybe if survivors could better tell Myers had a Tombstone addon maybe that'd help? It's one of those things that should be changed in the next patch along with Iri-Head, Keys, and Moris.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

The full Tombstone is balanced like that, as well as having a speed penalty so you also have to spend time stacking pwyf. Honestly survivors who have even the smallest bit of awareness should be able to easily slam 5 gens before he gets to tier 3.

Tombstone piece on the other hand is stupid and shouldn't be in the game, but I don't think OP was talking about the piece.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    Options

They might do something for his addons, but don't expect them to remove the mori addons completely since there's a trophy/achievement to mori all survivors with his tier 3. Especially since changing trophy conditions is very, very hard to get through unless they are impossible to get. That's why we have so "reasonable" adept killer trophies/achievements.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I don't think Judith's tombstone is a problem but tombstone piece is definitely something that needs to go

• danielmaster87
    Options

Because braindead teammates are too ######### common. MMR would have solved that by now, but look what's happened.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options
  • ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
    edited October 2020
    Options

So nerf his best add ons without any compensation? Mkay. Judith's tombstone is balanced and tombstone is only busted if he has j myers memorial as well. But they do need a rework

• danielmaster87
    Options

How do you know I did well at the beginning? I was doing very well. But then, oh, Meyers touched me so I instantly died. Super fun match. T_T

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
    Options

so nerf a add on due to ######### teammates? Good idea

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited October 2020
    Options

Tombstone addons are only really strong versus solo-queue groups. SWF shits on Myers.

Nerfing these addons would be just another slap in the face to solo survivors.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Actually, you can mori 3 if you play your cards right. But the point still stands.

• Raven014
    Options

Not only this, but if they were to take a look at Myers, they would give him the Nurse treatment, which is something I really want them to avoid.

• danielmaster87
    Options

No, I'm just saying it's easier to pull off builds with these add-ons when you take regular old matchmaking into account. No matter how you spin it, moriing someone who hasn't even been damaged by the killer that game is broken beyond belief.

• Raven014
    Options

They have a habit of changing the basekit regardless of what people say. Look to Billy & Nurse for example.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

The add ons for Michael don't need to go anywhere. there's an achievement tied to them so. I don't see it happening.

The amount of evil needed to get to tire 3 using the build I know you're talking about is quite a lot.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 345
    Options

Tombstone Piece is bullshit just because it's impossible to know if Myers has it but Judith's Tombstone is perfectly fine. If it takes him a stupid amount of time it's obvious he's got it.

Plus it makes for some fun games. It's a timed race vs him to see who can finish the match faster.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

They can’t rework the tombstone addons cause the evil incarnate achievement would be impossible to get without the tombstone so I think it will stay the same.

• God_Prof
    God_Prof Member Posts: 60
    Options

So, as you know, it comes from the basekit of Myers is based on "stalk" but not personal stalk like ghostface. This one features that evryone of your team could influence to His power.

So, What it mean? The basekit of this game influence each other and can't avoid blaming team's potatoes. It comes same not only Myers but also oni. Not only particular killer characters but comes all same. But it just bring bigger effect on some build, such as Tombstone.

SO THE POINT IS , here comes the real right solution. You may have complains about your teammates, who get matched with you. So we need to adjust rank matching system, that properly evaluate skill. So it prevent you from suffering with potatoes.

• God_Prof
    God_Prof Member Posts: 60
    Options

And, as you know, also skilled users have very interesting way to counter this: getting in cabinet. It just perfect way to kick his ass.

And also as you know, you could notice Myers has Tombstone just looking carefully his hand. Yeah, maybe it could be though when you are on chase.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Myers and his add-ons are fine...get over it. Huntress insta-down is the only unfair Killer add-on because it's downside is majorly negated by a Purple Add-on. Tombstone & Tombstone Piece have their downsides and counters. Too many Killers have useless and godawful add-ons, let alone Ultra Rare add-ons...but sure let's continue the trend of wanting neuter Killers and make them non-threatening training dummies.

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175
    Options

I don't think the purple one needs to be change but the pink one does

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

They are balanced since you need a ton of stalk before you can use those + be extremely close to survivors to activate the mori which they can counter by using lockers if they're smart. Any good player knows how different is michael's playstyle when he's using tombstones and thus they can play around them.

Only "nerf" they should get is the passive mori hand stance should be applied to both purple and pink tombstone and be active during EW 2 and EW 3 to warn survivors who know what to look for that MM is using tombstone.

Nefing one of the most well designed and unique addons with huge advantages compensated by just as big disadvantages would be horrible choice by the devs especially when they aren't even that strong and can be countered.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    Options

It's so easy to counter, though. You can tell if Myers has an iri tombstone or not based on how much time he spent stalking. And when he gets to tier 3? By that time the survivors should have completed AT LEAST 3 gens. Just jump in a locker and he can't do anything. He either has to wait for you to leave or hook you instead.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    edited October 2020
    Options

Judith's Tombstone should get buffed to allow locker and ground moris at the cost of even higher stalk requirement (with tuft, you'd need to drain every last drop of stalker juice out of all 4 survivors), tombstone kills draining PYWF stacks, and removing Myers ability to lunge. (So no lunging to instadown a guy in the middle of a loop then tombstone him on the ground. The ground-tombstone is mainly for cases where tombstone decides to act jank and it downs the survivor even though the kill prompt was there)

Tombstone Piece definitely is annoying though. I wouldn't call it busted but it's very annoying when combo'd with J Myers Memorial, Myers gets 99'd EW3 from other survivors, and he pops the last 1% and moris you when you first encounter him.

• Grim_Reaper_RP
    Grim_Reaper_RP Member Posts: 3
    Options

Suck it up buttercup, swear this community complains when a developer sneezes near this game. Michael is meant to be hard to beat, it's not like Evil is a push over smh.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

"You can play perfectly but because your teammates feed Meyers stalk, you get punished by the level 3"

This is seriously your attempt at an argument? really? honestly?

• Terratoast
    Terratoast Member Posts: 126
    edited October 2020
    Options

Some consideration should be given to not only balance, but how fun it is to face off against Myers. Some of my most unenjoyable matches are Tombstone Myers matches regardless of whether or not I make it out.

You either spend large portion of the match with very little interaction with the killer since he spends most of his time trying to stare at you menacingly to build up the insta kill. Or you're the survivor that he's chosen to pop tier 3 on and you get one-half chase before you're removed from the game.

But I don't think there's an easy way to change that (while keeping it fair) without seriously restructuring how those addons work.

• ZeroDivide
    ZeroDivide Member Posts: 40
    Options

There is a very low skill cap playing against the shape. Maybe because there are so many killers and hes simple and unpopular people are forgetting how to play around him?

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

He played perfectly.. he held M1 for so long and didn't make any skill check mistakes!!! lololol

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

Uh yeah? He hid perfectly and charged his power. OP is just mad because his teammates screwed up royally and he lost because of it.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Look dont be silly, lets forget all of this for a second and first of all agree that matches like OP discribes are of little to no value, if myers manages to stalk so much (survivors fault) that he can get to T3 and just mori everyone first time...well what value was that match for anyone?

pretty much zero gameplay and therefor also zero points, no hooks, no unhooks, might as well have camped.

But the insinuation of OP, that he feels he is entitled (yes im actually using that word for this) to an escape etc because they feel they did well and its their team that was bad...

That they feel a killer should still do poorly when the other survivors were potatos and 1 was decent...like how does their mind work?

its 4v1 if 3 out of those 4 perform poorly the 4th member is going to suffer as it should, think about it, imagine it wasnt like that, how extremly unbalanced must the game be when facing 4 decent survivors....

Its just an extremely silly and weak "argument".

I also dont believe OP has ever tried to play myers, let alone tried to get to T3 with those extremely slow add ons against a team that is did not literally just pick up the game.

• edgetastic
    edgetastic Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am SO MF TIRED of people complaining over this game. The ONLY POSTS THAT I SEE are people complaining about how killers are SO BROKEN and how they NEVER GET TO HAVE FUN or NEVER HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN as survivor. ALL I MF SEE IF PEOPLE CRYING OVER CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE. I have news for all you people who think it's so unfair that myers has an insta mori, or that gens go off to fast, or that toxic survivors ruin the game: IT IS PART OF THE GAME. THERE ARE PARTS THAT ARE NOT GOING TO GO YOUR WAY. SUCK IT UP. IF YOU HAVE SO MANY ISSUES AND YOU ARE LOOSING THAT BAD THAT YOU HAVE TO POST ABOUT IT COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THE FLY IN THE GAME LOWERS YOUR FRAME RATE, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR IT. YOU GUYS ARE JUST A BUNCH OF TOXIC PLAYERS WHO WILL GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO FLOOD THIS COMMUNITY WITH HATE TOWARDS YOUR INCONVENIENCES. I HAVE SEEN FIVE POSTS ALREADY STARTING WITH, "ITS NOT FAIR". GUESS WHAT DUMBOS, NOT EVERY MF VIDEO GAME IS MADE PERFECT. IF I SEE ONE MORE POST ABOUT HOW BUBBA'S ADD ONS ARE OP OR HOW SURVIVORS NEED A BUFF TO HELP THE POOR SURVIVORS WIN. I SWEAR YOU GUYS ARE SO MF SALTY. ITS LIKE READING TODDLERS COMPLAINING THAT THEY DIDN'T WIN THE LAST ROUND OF HIDE AND GO SEEK BECAUSE, "HE WAS TOO OP." damn

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

Why is the Tombstone piece stupid and shouldn't be in the game?

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

So, you're upset at bad teammates, but want to nerf Myers? 🤔

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246
    Options

Quality post. If you really hate having braindead teammates, just grab some friends and go SwF and have somebody run OoO, that way Micheal never has a chance to stalk anyone.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

It seems like the greater problem here are the speed increase to stalking add-ons and not the tombstone, and I would argue (as perhaps would many others) that the stalking speed add-ons are the add-ons that have issues. The other add-ons (tombstone, infinite tier III) only become an issue when looping goes on for a long time and the killer has more of an incentive to get the add-ons to activate than hook survivors normally, which shows how the game has glaring issues that are not due to the add-ons and it's good that these add-ons highlight that.

@danielmaster87 I'll direct you to what I said above to @ALostPuppy , but I'll add that your other survivors being stupid is not really a valid reason to only touch Myers' add-ons. Oni and Plague are two other killers that rely heavily on other survivors making the game harder for survivors not around them, but for all killers, survivor teammates can severely impact the fairness of the trial and the outcomes. That's an issue with matchmaking and ranks and not an issue with the add-ons.

By doing what you're doing with this advocacy, you're ignoring the larger, more pressing issues, and encouraging the devs to not go through and do the hard work to balance the core of the game but instead change a few values on one specific add-on on one killer and call it a day.

• Kind_Lemon
    Options

oops, hadn't realized someone else commented the same thing lol.

I agree +1 upvote

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

You're a 115 killer with 2 instakills that you can get in a pretty short space of time. Paired with J Myer's memorial or the green obsession stalking add-on with nemesis it doesn't take much longer to get to tier 3 than addon-less, and you can even get a few downs with it before you choose to just instantly remove someone from the game. And you can do this twice (even 3 times if you play it right, as someone said to me in this thread). The lack of the movement speed penalty makes it way too strong. The moment you get to tier 3 and kill someone (probably by the time around 1 and half gens get completed) the game is over at that point, a 3 v 1 is almost impossible to come back from.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    Options

Idk why but a tombstone Myers is the most fun op ability to go up against in dbd. I think we made the last two dc bc we jumped in lockers the whole game lol. It's usually obvious. Kinda hilarious when it gets you by surprise. Out of all the op bs in this game, I'd want to see this one leave the latest

• danielmaster87
    Options

Then change the achievement! It goes without saying! Put 2 and 2 together!

• Kind_Lemon
    Options

Hard achievements don't change for games like these due to players already having completed them. Your 2 and 2 seem to be severely lacking, no offense.

• danielmaster87
    Options

Maybe I need to go into further detail. If your teammates feed him *a little* you still get the punishment. I doubt my teammates just stood there and let him suck them dry. Yes it is my argument, just not good enough for you apparently.